PDA

View Full Version : Whooppeeee!! All aboard the Happy Barge

sawdust_128
04-13-2009, 10:52 PM
In 24 to 48 hours, I roll out the 45-foot happy barge. I can hardly wait.

Have a great Spring everybody!!

04-18-2009, 10:56 AM
Have a great time Dustman. Wish we could have made up. Let us all know how the visit turns out.

Bruce

Jamie Bradford
04-18-2009, 09:24 PM
It was great to meet you " you old coot"....................

Jamie

sawdust_128
04-23-2009, 12:42 PM
As usual, the happy barge has developed momentum. After Tom Johnson's rally, we ended up in the Great Smokey Mountains. I could stay here at least another month. Cindy is threatening to get the coach pointed east and releasing the break. Her claim is we could coast to the flat lands.

Bruce: Did you wait out the weather before heading to the North? Have a good time in the rocky North east.

Jamie: "Ole Coot"!!!! It's O.K. I've been called worse by better. When I get back, I'll send you a PM about the trip you described. I know we can't make all of that, but maybe a leg or two.

ajducote
04-23-2009, 01:27 PM
Hey Ed,

Where you guys staying at in the Smokies? I was thinking about a short stay up there in June. Need Verizon cell coverage if possible.
Have fun.

lewpopp
04-23-2009, 09:24 PM
Hey Dust Catcher,

Your bride took a break and then wanted to release the brake, I think.

Take a brake, NOW!!!

sawdust_128
04-24-2009, 02:03 AM
Hey Ed,

Where you guys staying at in the Smokies? I was thinking about a short stay up there in June. Need Verizon cell coverage if possible.
Have fun.

Hey Andre: I have a lot of friends here in western NC. The general word is "No Service?! Welcome to Western NC." Listening to the stories, I can't identify one carrier who has good service across this region. I guess I would recommend you camp near one of the more developed areas; Waynesville, Bryson City, Sylva. I have not had good luck with service in Jonathan Valley (we are here), Maggie Valley, Brevard and surprisingly, Cherokee. All of those are south of the National Park. I don't know about west and north like Gatlinburg.

If I had to make a guess for what you are looking for, I would probably recommend West Asheville. Big enough for real good business support and good access to the east end of the National Park and the Blue Ridge Parkway.

From Jonathan Valley, we have been able to make day trips to Joyce Kilmer Memorial forest, drove the dragon, cruised many stretches of the Blue Ridge Parkway, Clingman's Dome, Cades Cove, Mt. Mitchell, many other spectacles.

When you get closer to this trip, I will be happy to call my scouts and get and relay the skinny on the happenings out here.

sawdust_128
04-24-2009, 02:11 AM
Hey Dust Catcher,

Your bride took a break and then wanted to release the brake, I think.

Take a brake, NOW!!!

Ah Lew -- gimme a break!!

Geewiizzz. Like the black bear here the Emperor of Port St Lew-see has stirred. Somebody please throw him a Toojay's pastrami on rye.

sawdust_128
10-22-2009, 09:53 PM
The happy barge is now headed east. We are in Texas Hill Country having a look see. We will be east bound soon. Chased out of the Cochiti New Mexico area by snow.

Loyd, that is one for your list, "Tent Rocks".

Loc
10-23-2009, 08:50 AM
Ed,

If you and Cindy end up coming through Houston give me a call. SpongeBob or JDUB would like to buy us lunch or dinner I am sure.

Loc

edsaylor
10-23-2009, 11:04 AM
Andre: River Vista Mountain Village RV Resort in Dillard, GA. has great Verizon coverage. It is 1/2 mile South of the NC state line on GA hwy.246, just 1 mile off of US 441 and is 16 miles from Franklin, NC and 145 miles from Highlands, NC. Verizon covers the whole area very well. I own a lot in the RV park and found Verizon to be far better than anything else in the Smokies. Great restrurants in the area and lots to do. This is the highest rated RV park in GA.:)

sawdust_128
10-28-2009, 09:45 PM
Ed,

If you and Cindy end up coming through Houston give me a call. SpongeBob or JDUB would like to buy us lunch or dinner I am sure.

Loc

Thank you Loc. I had spoken with a number of folks from Texas about stopping by and visiting on our way east and none of that happened. My apologies to all. I got a bit figity about the schedule and it turned out for the best. We got delayed because of the rockslide on the I40 and the rain in the Smokey's. We arrived home today with appointments in the morning.

But, we are already planning the next outing.