PDA

View Full Version : 92 Country Coach

Bob W
04-11-2009, 11:29 PM
Any one have any knowledge of the 92 CC listed on the Phil Cooper site?
Thanks
Bob W

tdelorme
04-12-2009, 08:03 AM
http://www.philcooper.com/details.php?v_id=386

flyu2there
04-12-2009, 01:11 PM
Lets see what those pictures tell you. First, the owner is a neat-nik, all those 5 gallon buckets and hoses. Next he likes cheap vodka, probably starts around noon with vodka tonics. His wife is a seamstress, made some new curtains and their preference for the home is maple, early american. He is an older feller with those pix of the grand kids....

Now, what else does it say. One of those pictures shows another coach, H-3would be my guess...and best of all....It has a plastic shield:D

All in all that one looks decent!

John

Bob W
04-12-2009, 03:49 PM
Thanks for taking a look for me. I've talked to the owner a couple of times and it seems many repairs and maintenance items have been performed in the last 2 years. Batteries, air bags, tires, brake chambers, all fluids. Others options include things such as a water softener, Detroit Diesel engine computer?, front window covers etc. Looks nice to me but what do I know.
Any other comments.
Thanks
Bob W

Joe Cannarozzi
04-12-2009, 07:06 PM
Have you owned a motorhome before?

Bob W
04-12-2009, 08:46 PM
I have not owned a motor home before. We currently have an Airstream trailer and feel the need to make the move up. I am mechanically inclined and not afraid to tackle problems but freely admit that when it comes to a Prevost, I am not quite sure what I am getting in to.
Bob W

Joe Cannarozzi
04-12-2009, 09:41 PM
Having that airstream will definitely help the learning curve on the house side.

Have you ever owned anything with air brakes?

You need to come over. I have tires off and I'm replacing radius rod bushings. I have the whole dash open. I am building cabinats and installing mood lighting. You never know what new project tomorrow will bring.

I will open up all the panels and expose all the components in the bays for you. As detailed and finished off the Prevo is, it is also very modular, it all comes apart.

Most important I will give you a class in air brakes if you are unfamiliar.

You will go away satisfied. I will arm you with a wealth of information. You will become a much more informed buyer.

Bob W
04-13-2009, 09:31 AM
thank you and I will take you up on your offer. I will give you a call and set up a date .
Thanks again,
Bob W

michaeldterry
04-13-2009, 10:13 AM
You will go away satisfied. I will arm you with a wealth of information. You will become a much more informed buyer.

Having a resource like Joe offer this kind of help is worth its weight in gold (literally!). If I still lived near Chicago, I'd be all over this offer like white on rice (even though I already have my Prevost). I'd give anything to be able to learn the "in's and out's" of my rig's systems and components from a pro like Joe (instead of the "trial & error" method newbies like me are so often left to employ).

You're a lucky man, Bob!

ajducote
04-13-2009, 10:23 AM
Bob,

I have to second everything Michael said. Even if you buy something other then a Prevost, the knowledge Joe can give you could save you a LOT of money. It is worth taking a day off of work to go see Joe. It will be a day VERY WELL SPENT.
With his bus in pieces, you can see things that would be impossible to see any other way.

Tully
04-13-2009, 12:30 PM
The coach you are looking at has been on the site for several months. Similar to what I bought. I bet the coach could be bought for $90k ( a little lower or little higher)... with the economy. Probably a little lower.

If you are going to finance it will prove to be difficult. In the last year a lot has changed in the financing arena.

If I had known what I do now and knew the direction of the RV market I would have waited. A lot of units at good prices.

Always worth paying a little more for well maintained. You pay a little more up front but the savings in the end more than make up for it. Tens of thousands can be spent bringing a coach up to snuff if neglected or otherwise.

Good luck,

Tully

Bob W
04-13-2009, 05:05 PM
Thanks Tully, we may have an opportunity to look at this unit mid May when we visit our son in Nashville. Seems like we should take a look at it.
Bob W