PDA

View Full Version : Bella Terra at Gulf Shores,AL

Brian
04-10-2009, 03:25 PM
After a long and snow filled winter we are considering a trip to Gulf Shores and would welcome some feedback and comments about Bella Terra RV Resort and the surrounding area.

Brian
2000 H3-45 Vantare

Jerry Winchester
04-10-2009, 07:32 PM
Brian,

We just got back from Bella Terra and the Gulf Shores area. We spent two days there and then moved down to Perdido Cove RV park, which is right on the Intercoastal waterway.

Bella Terra is okay, but it basically sets in a field northeast of Gulf Shores and to get to Orange Beach, the quickest route takes you over a toll bridge.

We had the pull in / face the water site at Perdido. We enjoyed it more. I would encourage you to stay at both and see what fits you. Good thing about Bella Terra is there won't be any beater travel trailers there.

JDUB

Trendycat
04-11-2009, 09:35 AM
We spent a month at Bella Terra (mid-Feb to mid-Mar) and found the staff to be excellent and accommodating. The physical facilities were great (the exercise room was rated 5 stars by my wife). And the Wi-fi was the fastest (3-4Mb download speeds) and most stable I have encountered anywhere (no need to use my aircards while we were there)

I would suggest that you try to get a pull-in site on the lake. We had requested a pull through because we travel with a car trailer, but found that they have an area to store trailers and while our site was spacious (wide and long) it is nice to be able to overlook the water as your primary view.

We didn't find the location of the resort to be inconvenient and the annoyance of the toll bridge is partially offset by the fact that taking the toll route is far faster and less congested than the old Hwy 59 route. (The movie theater located in The Wharf shopping area just over the toll bridge is well worth a visit if you want to catch a current release. State of the art DLP digital projection and really comfortable seating make this a great theater)

Try Blalock's fish market for great fresh seafood, shellfish and handcut steaks to cook at your bus. Cobalt restaurant for lunch or dinner.

We think Bella Terra sets a very high standard for motorcoach only resorts and once the landscaping has had a chance to mature, it will rank near the top of any resort in the country.

Gary & Peggy Stevens
04-11-2009, 10:30 AM
Brian, Peg and I just spend the night at the Brand new Buena Vista RV Resort and CoachHouse style resort. http://www.buenavistaonthebeach.com/?gclid=CJK2u5yE6ZkCFWVM5QodtGBOQw

Beautiful NEW place, but expensive coach houses if that is something you like, you should take the car over and check out the place. They let us stay the night for FREE cause we told them we knew JDUB and Raye.

NO PULL thru facilites, so since you have a car trailer, I would not go there in tow. check it out first. Right across from the ocean, on Hi182

Gary S.