PDA

View Full Version : Peter van S's Horny Problem

Jim Skiff
04-07-2009, 05:08 PM
Peter posted a nice article here he wanted to share:

http://www.prevostownersgroup.com/public/index.cfm?fuseaction=articles.view&id=6962&publicationtype=Articles

Thanks Peter for your contribution!

tdelorme
04-07-2009, 09:40 PM
Thanks, Peter, great article. My horn was doing the same thing last fall while I was getting parked at the race track campground. It was embarrassing and funny all at the same time. I tripped the breaker for the horn circuit and had forgotten about it until your article. I will order the part from Prevost and get that pup working again.

BrianE
04-07-2009, 10:31 PM
Thanks for the plug Peter but I was laughing so hard I'm sure I wasn't much help. :D

Jon Wehrenberg
04-08-2009, 06:32 AM
Front electric panel under the driver's window.........just pull the relay or like Ted did, trip the breaker. Usually the relay sticks closed.

Petervs
04-08-2009, 12:03 PM
Jon,
No, in this case the tip of the contactor had come off and was shorting to ground intermittently inside the steering column.

Pulling the relay makes it stop but does not repair it.

And, I like using the horn on bad drivers so I need it to work.

BTW, the reason Jim Skiff posted this article was because I was unable to get pictures to load. Tried two computers on various days. Each time I would try to upload a .jpg file ( very small) I would get a blank screen only. I asked Jim for input, all he offered was to post it for me.

I am still puzzled over this one, as I have posted many pics before.

Jon Wehrenberg
04-08-2009, 12:55 PM
Peter, I was not suggesting you not repair it. Quite the contrary. I just suggested how to stop the noise until you could fix it.

Ask me how I know this.........:D

BTW the air horn is my favorite accessory. I especially like using it on the jerks that pass and then pull in about 3.5 feet ahead of the bumper. They cannot hear it when Di gives them the finger, but they can sure hear my response.

rodburtonmusic
04-08-2009, 03:54 PM
I love the dual horns I have...they're great fun.

I do though have 2 switches on my dash...one that looks to be an 'off' switch for the horn (at least when I toggle it down...the horn doesn't work) and the other is labeled Horn Select. When that one is toggled down there's no horn either. Any idea what that would be? I was hoping for a cool air horn version of the "dukes of hazzard" horn!

JIM CHALOUPKA
04-08-2009, 04:21 PM
My bus has the dash switch. One way is for the the air horns, and the other way is for the electric horn.

JIM