PDA

View Full Version : Noted....

dalej
04-07-2009, 10:52 AM
Don't know how many of you guys caught this but just in case you didn't....
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=7264863&page=1

It just might explain my mood most of the time, ;) And why I love my VIN # with a G

rodburtonmusic
04-07-2009, 11:16 AM
I don't know...but would suspect that IL is ranking close to the bottom. Unless...that is...someone paid them to put us at the top....which is certainly a possibility! :)

btw...just so I know for sure the VIN #G, is that referring to a specific aged coach? Mine is an 87...I mean 99 (been reading about age restrictions)...but I have lots of folks who can't beleive it's that old.

Jon Wehrenberg
04-07-2009, 11:19 AM
Nebraska is about the nicest state to drive through that you can find.

We drove quite a few miles of Nebraska roads (not interstates) and will always remember how many people smile and wave. A real pleasant state.

In some states when they wave they do it with only one finger.

dalej
04-07-2009, 11:34 AM
That was a nice post Jon, I thought when I posted it, I would get darts thrown at me left and right.

Rod, Yes it does. If you look at the VIN on your dash you should have a H in about the 5th or 6th space from the right.

If I remember you have to skip O, I and Z. O looks like a 0 and I looks like a 1 and Z would have been 2000 model but they decided to go to numbers.

Jon Wehrenberg
04-07-2009, 11:41 AM
Can't throw darts when the folks are so nice. Maybe we are used to the rude impatient drivers in Knoxville.

sawdust_128
04-07-2009, 11:50 AM
Dale: Very Nice!!

rodburtonmusic
04-07-2009, 12:15 PM
Gotcha...that's what I thought. So "H" is of course the best....then "G"...I get the level of importance now! :D

tdelorme
04-07-2009, 12:29 PM
Very nice, Dale. We got caught in a blizzard up there one time years ago. I called the police department in the next town we were coming to and ask if there was a campground in town. The dispatcher told me to look for a police car on the edge of town and he would lead us to the city park where they had a few RV hookups. Sure enough, he was waiting, led us to the park and helped me get plugged in before he left. Next morning, another officer came by to see if we needed anything. They refused any payment saying they were just glad to help.

I was a bit surprised that Louisiana made that list, but thinking about it, with FEMA coming around handing out cash every few weeks I guess everyone is happy. Sorry, Tuga, that was uncalled for. It's true, but still not a nice thing to say about a neighbor.

merle&louise
04-07-2009, 01:23 PM
No offense taken Mel, we are happy in Louisiana because we like to laugh, eat good food, and pass a good time! We are blessed with an abundance of seafood and cajun cooks who know how to prepare it:D

Les bon temps roule':D

mike kerley
04-07-2009, 01:47 PM
Very nice Dale,

Growing up in Iowa, we would occasionally go to Nebraska to pheasant hunt after we chased all of them out of Iowa. Very nice state, good people and warmer than Minnesota and Iowa, but just by a few degrees....my favorite town is Ogallaga, way out west. Small town america, warm people, great steaks!

Sid Tuls
04-07-2009, 03:45 PM
Hi Dale that was a great news clip! Oh by the way I inherited a 2005 Harley it't a RoadKing:rolleyes: so the next time we get together I would like to go for a ride.

dalej
04-07-2009, 03:52 PM
That's great! Bring it to OKC, I would like to put together a ride to Mena, Arkansas. We'll see how many bikes are coming.

Darrell McCarley
04-07-2009, 06:32 PM
DALE Are you talking about the 'Talimena Senic Byway' from Talihina,Ok to Mena, Ar. Fifty-three miles atop Rich mountain. A stop for lunch a Queen Wilhelmina State Park Lodge is a must. Sounds like you have made this ride before.

dalej
04-07-2009, 06:34 PM
Yes we have, it's a good one!

truk4u
04-07-2009, 09:56 PM
NE is one of our favorite states and how could you miss this...

hhoppe
04-08-2009, 09:19 AM
Dale & Jan: We are looking forward to enjoying some time spent with you two in your home state. Nice post.