PDA

View Full Version : Inverter Issue

Tully
04-06-2009, 12:40 PM
Have a Interface Inverter. Noticed that the house batteries were not charging. Opended up bay and no lights are on the inverter. When I hit the inverter "on" button. - a light flashes saying "gel".... That is all I get. The actual switch inside the bus that I use to turn on the inverter- nothing happens.

Is there some type of re-set on the inverter. Not by the bus so I do not have the brand /model other than Interface.

Joe C- you may remember the inverter I have or have some ideas?

Thanks,

Tully

Joe Cannarozzi
04-06-2009, 12:53 PM
It is a Heart.

A call to Dave at Gusdorf Electronics is in order.

Just a guess but the light may be indicating a charge rate.

Tully
04-06-2009, 01:06 PM
Thanks Joe.

Will give him a couple - maybe he will do some basic trouble shooting.

Tully

sawdust_128
04-06-2009, 03:13 PM
There is probably a circuit breaker on the inverter. It will look like a little round button about 9/16 round (on mine). Sometimes at first glance, it does not look like the braker is tripped. This is because the actual breaker assembly id protected with one of those environmental protection swith covers. I have to take a small blunt object to reset it, press in dead center on the cover. I thought I had severe inverter issues until I did the reset this way. Then, everything was fine. Thanks to the heads up on that from the Techs at Liberty Coach.

The xantrex site has a lot of the Heart documentation on-line. I think on the Heart inverters, they had both Input DC breakers and Output AC load protector circuit breakers as well.