PDA

View Full Version : Drawer Removal

JIM CHALOUPKA
04-04-2009, 12:50 PM
I'm stumped and up against the wall.

I have drawers in the coach that I want to remove, but can't, non destructively that is.

The slides are by Accuride, (stamped in the metal). I have looked at their web site and looked at their products and cad engineering dwgs, but can not come up with anything that look like what I have.

I have talked on the phone with their technical support and emailed them pictures, only to get the answer; I don't know.

They use several release mechanisms and I have tried some others that I know of, and nothing works.

Does anyone out there have the answer to my situation?

Thanks, JIM

phorner
04-04-2009, 01:35 PM
Jim,

On ours, which look just like yours, if you pull the drawer all the out as far as it will go, there is a very small lever on the outside of the rails that needs to be pushed. Up is the direction, I believe.

Make sure to pull the drawer all the way, it may stop a little short, but give it a gentle tug to make sure it's fully extended.

Good luck....

Danss
04-04-2009, 01:43 PM
My drawers look the same. You pull all the way as you did and then it gets tight but put pressure on it and it should come out. Good Luck, Dan

dalej
04-04-2009, 02:08 PM
If nothing else take the four screws out.

phorner
04-04-2009, 02:48 PM
Hey, Dale, c'mon......... that's WAY too easy !!:D!!

flyu2there
04-04-2009, 06:17 PM
Jim,

Take the Glad Wrap out then pick up the drawer when it is fully extended....pull out the drawer. That's the way they work!

Cheers,

John

JIM CHALOUPKA
04-04-2009, 07:34 PM
Well now don't that beat all! :)
I was being too gentle, and thinking the thump at the end was a dead stop, such as on a file cabinet.

Dan your the man. You win! Just tug on the drawer and it comes right out.

Sorry no prize other than you knowing your now my best friend.

I wonder why the Accuride Company didn't understand their own product:confused:

Thanks again JIM

sawdust_128
04-04-2009, 09:30 PM
I believe these slides are the friction disconnect slides from accuride. Look in the disconnect section of their web site. Also just note, these are normally used as undermount slides. Accuride recommends one slide be mounted on the bottom center of a drawer.

They are Accuride model number 1029 in the pdf. However, the model number typically relates to the length of the slide.

http://www.accuride.com/Resources/PDF/Disconnect/FrictionDisconnect.pdf

JIM CHALOUPKA
04-04-2009, 10:09 PM
Right on Ed, that sure looks like it.

JIM