PDA

View Full Version : Excellent Serice From Xantrex In Elkhart, IN

Denny
04-03-2009, 06:57 PM
One of my Xantrex inverters was not working properly and after contacting customer service they suggested I ship it to one of their repair facilities. Customer service would not give me the phone number for Elkhart so I called information and got it from them. I talked to Otis who helped further diagnosis the problem and determined it was the inverter side that was not working. It worked on generator and when connected to shore power, but did not work on the battery side. Since we are leaving for the Tom Johnson Rally in two weeks, I was concerned that it would not be back in time.

Otis said if I deliver it to them they would work on it while I waited. Elkhart is about 300 miles from me so we took a trip to Indiana. We spent the night in their parking lot and gave it to them at 7:15 am. By 10:45 am I had it installed and we were on our way home. They do not remove and install so I did that myself.

They were excellent in their service. This should be the way all suppliers and repair facilities operate.

Jon Wehrenberg
04-03-2009, 07:00 PM
I can't agree more. Denny is in a service business, and for years we were in a companion business. I can tell you from that experience my view, and I am sure that of Denny is that few businesses in this country have a clue about customer service. And because we have become numb to what constitutes normal service we jump for joy when a company really does put the customer first.

Good job Xantrex!

Alek&Lucia
04-03-2009, 07:36 PM
Denny,

Please put more info including ph # about that place,

Alek

rfoster
04-03-2009, 07:43 PM
Denny: That is a great post! We certainly don't get many good reports about anything anymore. That is refreshing and I agree with Jon - this new generation doesn't seem to know what customer service is or care to learn.

Looking forward to seeing you and Ruth Ann in NC.

Denny
04-03-2009, 09:33 PM
Alek,

Their website is www.xantrex.com; it is interesting to see the number of products they manufacture. The phone number for Elkhart, IN is 574-522-9670. Interestingly the customer service department, which is in Canada, does not know much about service. When I asked for the Elkhart phone number they would not give it to me and said I had to ship it to them or deliver it and they would call me when it was finished so I could return and pick it up. They also suggested that I take it to Marquette, MI which is closer to me. ???????

Elkhart, IN - 300 miles; Marquette, MI - 700 miles.

Alek&Lucia
04-06-2009, 01:25 PM
Alek,

Their website is www.xantrex.com; it is interesting to see the number of products they manufacture. The phone number for Elkhart, IN is 574-522-9670. Interestingly the customer service department, which is in Canada, does not know much about service. When I asked for the Elkhart phone number they would not give it to me and said I had to ship it to them or deliver it and they would call me when it was finished so I could return and pick it up. They also suggested that I take it to Marquette, MI which is closer to me. ???????

Elkhart, IN - 300 miles; Marquette, MI - 700 miles.

Thank You, they are in my back yard,

Alek

dreamchasers
04-06-2009, 01:41 PM
It is good to hear of good service! It seems so often the opposite is true.

Hector