PDA

View Full Version : Just picked it up!!

Neal&Carla
04-03-2009, 03:18 PM
We are now official Prevost owners!! I picked up our "new to us"--almost an orphan--2004 Country Coach on Wednesday at Marathon Coach Texas. I'm not sure Chris and Chad were ready for a woman to pick up a bus without her husband, but that I did. My daughter wasn't ready for Mom to do that either so she took the day off to experience it as well. Neal wasn't able to take the day off. We are so excited! We are looking forward to many miles and experiences as we embark on this ride. In fact, we are spending the weekend, right in our backyard at Twin Fountains--OKC--to experience and figure out this new purchase.

We look forward to meeting many of you in October at the POG Rally. OKC is a wonderful place to explore. I think you will be pleasantly surprised!! Until then, we will enjoy the comments, ideas and information you all so generously share on this website.

Carla and Neal Templeton--Edmond, OK

rfoster
04-03-2009, 03:48 PM
Congrats on the new to you Country Coach purchase. I am pleased to hear that even tho it was almost orphaned that there are good folks like yourselves out there to take that baby to a good home.

I know you are excited, cause I see you grinning from here.

Look forward to seeing more of you on the forum and hopefully at the OKC rally.

We need pictures!

Will Garner
04-03-2009, 03:49 PM
Neal & Carla let me be the first to welcome you to POG. It is a great group of people and they do a lot of teasing. I hope you enjoy your coach for a long time to come.

We are planning to be at the POG Rally in OKC. Hope to see you there. Look out for Jon when you get to the rally. He will be the one covered in doggie slobber!

Gary & Peggy Stevens
04-03-2009, 04:18 PM
Sorry Will ,but your the second to welcome them to POG.

Fast Roger, was the first, and well that is why they call him FAST Roger.

Welcome to POG, we all know you will enjoy your new ride. They are great. See you in Oct.

Gary S.

Jamie Bradford
04-03-2009, 04:20 PM
Congratulations!!!

I still remember the feeling I had when I purchased my bus. Total Exhilaration:)

Welcome..................

Jamie

sawdust_128
04-03-2009, 04:25 PM
GOOD FOR YOU!!!

Congratualtions.

I thouht a heard an official POG YEEEEE HAAAA!

JIM CHALOUPKA
04-03-2009, 06:13 PM
Welcome Carla, nice to have you aboard. Explore the site try everything. You can't break anything.
Tell us about yourself and your experience finding the right bus. We want to know.
Show pictures, ask questions and come to our rallies.

If your already at Twin Fountains, I get the idea this is not your first camper.

How did it go at Marathon? Too bad you couldn't have spent more time there to get used to the coach and see if there weren't any gremlins hiding.

Don't be afraid to post. You only get out what you put in.

:)JIM

Jon Wehrenberg
04-03-2009, 06:18 PM
Welcome to the asylum where we make up answers and don't take anything too seriously except oysters and sheep.

You'll have to do a search to figure that out.

michaeldterry
04-03-2009, 06:32 PM
Welcome to POG, Carla & Neal, from another couple of Prevost newbies! I will warn you that you'll need to wear your wading boots in here most of the time, but the BS is of the harmless fun variety and the resident experts are always happy to help with any issues you may encounter with your new bus. They will also make up appropriate sounding answers to any questions you are brave enough to pose! (Sometimes, the answers will actually be true and correct!) :D

All kidding aside, you could not have joined a more passionate and caring group of bus nuts! Put your boots on, wade in, and enjoy!

merle&louise
04-03-2009, 06:37 PM
"You go Girl!" That was Karen's reply when I read your post to her. We're proud of you Carla. I hope that this will entice more gals to get behind the wheel.:D

Congratulations on the new bus.

Jon Wehrenberg
04-03-2009, 06:43 PM
If Di gets behind the wheel how will I get my coffee??????

Did you ever consider that?

merle&louise
04-03-2009, 06:48 PM
Jon,

Karen says, "maybe you should get up and get it yourself!"
And wash those dishes in the sink after you drink the coffee!:eek:

Women's Lib has made it to POG!:eek:

I don't think she has been this interested in posting since we joined POG!

Jon Wehrenberg
04-03-2009, 06:55 PM
Karen,

Get it where? To the best of my knowledge we have cups of it but all I know is when I snap my fingers one appears by my side. Just like at home...........

Can anyone guess Di never reads the POG site? Can anyone guess that I am counting on the bad memories of all the POG folks so when I get to OKC I won't hear about this ever again?

Denny
04-03-2009, 07:03 PM
Jon,

If you pay for next years renewal for all of us..... well I feel a case of short memory loss coming on.

tdelorme
04-03-2009, 07:09 PM
Karen,

Get it where? To the best of my knowledge we have cups of it but all I know is when I snap my fingers one appears by my side. Just like at home...........

Can anyone guess Di never reads the POG site? Can anyone guess that I am counting on the bad memories of all the POG folks so when I get to OKC I won't hear about this ever again?

Di may not read the forum, but she always answers the phone when I call up there so you might keep that in mind for a few days. I agree that getting coffee is a "she" job, while driving the bus is a "he" job. Jan doesn't read the forum either.:)

Alek&Lucia
04-03-2009, 07:32 PM
Jon,

How about "Autopilot" :eek:

Alek

rmboies
04-03-2009, 08:16 PM
welcome Country Coach newbies and Carla, high fives to you gal for picking up the bus! We have been to OKC many times, they hold our World Championship Morgan Horse Show there, so see you in the fall!

Debi and Bob

merle&louise
04-03-2009, 08:19 PM
Jon,

I don't think Karen will ever forget the "snapping of fingers". Women are funny like that. She says that she will ask Di's opinion on the subject when we get to OKC.:confused:

Mel,

Could you please post Jan's cell phone number, Karen would like a word with her.:eek:

Jon Wehrenberg
04-03-2009, 09:02 PM
You guys don't scare me. I know you all have poor memories and all insensitive remarks and bragging I do here will never be remembered by OKC. And besides, I have told Di that the joke for OKC is that all you guys will gang up on me and try to get me in trouble.

My bride of 48 years knows you all are just picking on me.

I don't just snap my fingers for coffee either, if you know what I mean. But Di knows my heart is in the right place. She is really going to be happy when she hears I am buying her a new engine for the plane.

sawdust_128
04-03-2009, 09:17 PM
Jon:

Who needs memory, we've got printers. :p

Now, back to the new owners. We didn't forget about you. Please don't be sorry that you joined up here. We didn't mean to ignore you, it just happens. Thread creep is rampant.

truk4u
04-03-2009, 09:37 PM
Neal & Carla,

Welcome aboard, see what happens! The 5000 + post guy starts back peddling when he thinks his better half, Di, may hear from all the ladies in OKC.:o

JIM CHALOUPKA
04-03-2009, 09:39 PM
Well when your not online to protect your thread, that's what happens.

They're probably having show and tell, enjoying their bus and we're hanging around this thread for a reply, well, I don't think it's going to happen tonight!

JIM

Neal&Carla
04-03-2009, 10:05 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome!! We look forward to meeting all of you in OKC. This could be an "interesting" gathering. It is a good thing Neal doesn't drink coffee. We could have a problem there!!! Also--he wanted me to tell you Orange may not be the only color in Oklahoma, but it is the BEST!!! I'm sure we will continue to ask for some great wisdom from you all in this endeavor. Neal is a mechanical illiterate(his description) so we enjoy reading about how you fix your own busses. Ask him about his plumbing experiences at home! Would have been cheaper to hire it done in the beginning.

And yes--this is not our first RV experience. We had what you call "plastic busses"!! Little did we know--

Take care--
Carla and Neal

dale farley
04-03-2009, 10:21 PM
Neal/Carla, Welcome to the group. I've been outside all afternoon working on my OTR Air on my CC. Hope you enjoy the ride.

Jerry Winchester
04-03-2009, 10:22 PM
Carla & Neal,

Congrats on the new coach and it will be good to have an ally on the board.

Orange Power

rfoster
04-03-2009, 11:03 PM
It used to be really difficult to take a picture of a computer screen with good clarity, but you know with these new electronic gadgets called digital cameras that are no bigger than an old zippo lighter - I was able to get a nice shot of A1's incriminating post.

I have enough meg/resolution to blow it up to about the size of a Hummer.

What do y'all think I should do with it?

Jon, by bus needs a few maintenance items taken care of in the next few weeks, and I am kinda busy. Can you help me?

If it is in print, there is a good chance I will remember it.

garyde
04-04-2009, 12:30 AM
Congratulations Carla and Neal . Purchasing a Prevost is about the most fun a person can legally have. Enjoy!
There are quite a few CC owners on POG so don't hesitate to ask any questions. However, as you can see by the previous posts, it may take a while to get around to an answer.

sawdust_128
04-04-2009, 12:40 AM
Roger:

Nice one!! Post it on YouTube.

Jon Wehrenberg
04-04-2009, 06:42 AM
Funny thing........Di's computer is broke.

Neal, I'll have Di teach you how to make coffee in OKC. Karen can join if she wants. Tuga, I'll show you how to back up. King, Liberty guys don't work on CC. You'll have to print that screen shot and mail it. BTW, Di doesn't get the mail. That's my job.

Dusty, let me show you where you can put the printer.......

Is there anyone left that I haven't irritated? How about the guy from the school that steals initials and colors?

mcirco
04-04-2009, 09:58 AM
Congratulations Carla and Neal. Laura and I look forward to meeting you in OKC. It's always great to see another Country Coach join the group. I also have a 2004 Country Coach (L005) so feel free to contact me as you learn how to deal with the unexpected "features" (sometimes known as quirks) with the early "L" series conversions. We have had ours for almost 2 years and are as excited about it today as we were when we bought it. You will see, many POG members do not have slides - unlike you - they will never understand the excitment and joy only you will feel when the slides actually retract when you hit the switch.

Miles & Laura Circo
2004 Country Coach XLII D/S

Journeyone144
04-04-2009, 10:47 PM
It really tickled me to hear about another gal driving her bus...and on the Virgin trip with it no less...!!!! Fantastic Carla, I hope to meet you in Oct...but that probably depends on my finding my bus by then...I'm still looking every day...Safe driving and lots of Joy...I'll be in 7th Heaven when I find mine...
Warm Hugs Always Vivian....

I picked up our "new to us--2004 Country Coach on Wednesday at Marathon Coach Texas. I'm not sure Chris and Chad were ready for a woman to pick up a bus without her husband, but that I did. .

We look forward to meeting many of you in October at the POG Rally. OKC is a wonderful place to explore. I think you will be pleasantly surprised!! Until then, we will enjoy the comments, ideas and information you all so generously share on this website.

Carla and Neal Templeton--Edmond, OK