PDA

View Full Version : Hey there folks!

rodburtonmusic
04-01-2009, 09:42 AM
Just a quick note...I've been an owner of an '87 Executive for about a year now. My favorite answer man (Joe C) has been on me to join up here for a while, so finally I'm here.

We don't use our coach like most of you do. Within the last couple of weeks is the 1st time we've ever used a park (you can read more about that HERE (http://www.rodburtonmusic.com/thelatest/), and really enjoyed it. We typically are in and out of a city or event in one day...so staying at a venue or Wal-Mart..or rest area...just wherever, is typically our travel plan. But I've learned so much in just experimenting (and asking Joe every other day)with things as they come.

My coach was originally named "My Way" and was originally built by Frank for a friend of his. It's now named "Almost Home", which is the name of my Not For Profit organization. We travel all over the country sharing our faith through Christian Country/Southern Gospel. It's quite a time...always have my wife and our 1 year old and 2 year old, and sometimes have our 15 year old as well! :)

Hope to see some of you soon...and I know I'll learn a lot from you. Joe will testify to the fact that I know ALMOST enough to be dangerous...but I'm working on it!

dalej
04-01-2009, 10:58 AM
Rod,

Glad you joined this forum, it will be the best $50 you spend this year!

rodburtonmusic
04-01-2009, 11:11 AM
Rod,

Glad you joined this forum, it will be the best $50 you spend this year!

Thanks Dale! The other $50 is on its way to you, as agreed. And I'll promise not to tell the others, just as you asked.

:rolleyes:

dale farley
04-01-2009, 11:15 AM
Rod, Welcome to the group.

Dalej, Are you trying to stir up trouble? Why would Rod have to pay $50 and the rest of us only $25?

tdelorme
04-01-2009, 12:06 PM
Rod, welcome to the Prevost Owners Group Forum. I'm surprized Joe C. didn't give you the code for signing up for free. He must still be getting the kickback from Skiffer. We had hopped that with the new Administration taking office that would come to an end. Be sure to sign up for any of the Committes that interest you. They are an important part of this group as you will learn as time goes by.

sawdust_128
04-01-2009, 01:05 PM
Welcome aboard! Also, contact me directly as soon as possible, as your $50 check didn't clear.:D

michaeldterry
04-01-2009, 01:21 PM
I get the $50. My only question is - where did the rest of my $250 "initiation" fee go? :confused:

rodburtonmusic
04-01-2009, 01:35 PM
I get the $50. My only question is - where did the rest of my $250 "initiation" fee go? :confused:

Well to ME, of course! It's a Ponzi scheme...my turn!

:)

dalej
04-01-2009, 03:11 PM
You guys are good, thats all I can say.

sawdust_128
04-01-2009, 03:53 PM
Well to ME, of course! It's a Ponzi scheme...my turn!

:)

That's what I call a bonus and so, I'm taxing it at 90%. It's a patriotic thing. Keep the change. Don't feel bad, I have a wrench ready project titled "The Bus To Anywhere" that I am going to invest it into.

adamdegraff
04-01-2009, 10:00 PM
Rod,
good to e-meet you. Like you, we use our bus for business. But lately, I've been dabbling with plugging in and hooking up. Not bad. Not bad at all.

One thing I have noticed is that if you use your bus a lot, it tends to break less. If I were ever to buy another bus, I think I would look for a young, but high-mileage coach. We bought ours from a couple that didn't use it that much. I was entranced by the low mileage (and the immaculate condition.) But it just sat. So first thing, I had a little bit of work to do on it to get it ready. But now that we put on 6000 miles a month, use the generator every day, etc... I find that the bus really holds up better with regular use. In fact, I can think of three separate posts I've made that all resolved by themselves. Of course, my Cruisair didn't magically heal... but then again, it was 13 years old.

Well, good to meet another "working class" Prevost owner.

Best,

Adam

Gary & Peggy Stevens
04-01-2009, 10:57 PM
Well, good to meet another "working class" Prevost owner. Best, Adam

Hey Adam, I resent that remark !

My wife works. :p

Gary S.

Sid Tuls
04-01-2009, 11:06 PM
Hey welcome Rod, I believe we talk before on another site. I know it's the best $100 you can spend allot of information that I never knew about a bus! Hope your travels go great!! I also enjoy the same kind of music that you produce/preform.

rodburtonmusic
04-02-2009, 11:33 AM
Hey welcome Rod, I believe we talk before on another site. I know it's the best $100 you can spend allot of information that I never knew about a bus! Hope your travels go great!! I also enjoy the same kind of music that you produce/preform.

Hey there Sid...thanks! I do think we chat somewhere else as well. Go on over and check the website out if you'd like...and if you're ever around somewhere that we're doing an event...let me know! Matter of fact...check out www.bransonGMC.com If you're going to be near Branson in July...this is something you DON'T want to miss!

adamdegraff
04-02-2009, 12:27 PM
Hey Adam, I resent that remark !

My wife works. :p

Gary S.

Gary, let's just be clear here... I hold you in high esteem and look forward to the day that I can retire.... and put MY wife to work as well. :D You are my hero.

Adam

michaeldterry
04-02-2009, 03:27 PM
Gary, let's just be clear here... I hold you in high esteem and look forward to the day that I can retire.... and put MY wife to work as well. :D You are my hero.

Adam

I just realized how good I have it! I'm retired and my wife works! All this time I've been complaining that Vita's working limits when we can travel in the bus - but now that I think about it - if Vita didn't work, our lack of "discretionary" income would limit our ability to play bus even more!

My wife is my hero! :D

adamdegraff
04-03-2009, 02:06 AM
I just realized how good I have it! I'm retired and my wife works! All this time I've been complaining that Vita's working limits when we can travel in the bus - but now that I think about it - if Vita didn't work, our lack of "discretionary" income would limit our ability to play bus even more!

My wife is my hero! :D

I'm thinking you guys are onto something. Hmmmm..

~Adam

rodburtonmusic
04-03-2009, 10:22 AM
Rod,
good to e-meet you. Like you, we use our bus for business. But lately, I've been dabbling with plugging in and hooking up. Not bad. Not bad at all.

Adam

Hey there Adam...had a chance to listen to your site a bit. I love the combo stuff you're doing, and what fun to be able to go into schools and teach as well.

Thanks for sharing!

Sid Tuls
04-03-2009, 11:06 AM
Hey Rod, thanks for the web site but were going to the Gaither feast in May but will keep it in mind for next year. I would love to go to the national quartet in Ky also so many wonderful places to go in the bus!:)

rodburtonmusic
04-03-2009, 12:30 PM
Hey Rod, thanks for the web site but were going to the Gaither feast in May but will keep it in mind for next year. I would love to go to the national quartet in Ky also so many wonderful places to go in the bus!:)

Hey Sid...we'll be at NQC as well. If you decide to come down....let me know and we'll hook up for sure!

Rod

Darrell McCarley
04-03-2009, 01:08 PM
ROD Please check your Private Messages.

rahangman
04-04-2009, 12:24 AM
Hey, we looked at that bus in Detroit in Jan of 2008. The owner as I remember was extremely nice, and had an excellent "Home" for the coach. His dad had been the Director of a department of GMC Bus & Truck before GMC dropped the bus.....excellent bus. We wound up buying a CC in Traverse City the following week.

rodburtonmusic
04-04-2009, 11:57 AM
Hey, we looked at that bus in Detroit in Jan of 2008. The owner as I remember was extremely nice, and had an excellent "Home" for the coach. His dad had been the Director of a department of GMC Bus & Truck before GMC dropped the bus.....excellent bus. We wound up buying a CC in Traverse City the following week.

Yep..that was Gerry C...great guy, and yea...he had a suite garage area. It's a really nice coach...and he took great care of it.