PDA

View Full Version : New Backup Camera

rodburtonmusic
03-31-2009, 04:30 PM
Ok...so the old Sony 2 wired camera has pretty much given up the ghost. I've looked at some wireless technology that has a 'repeater' you can put half way up the coach to carry the signal, but I'm curious if this will be more of a problem than just running the wiring?

Has anyone replaced your old backup and do you have any ideas on the best practices?

tdelorme
03-31-2009, 04:42 PM
Rod, I have no experence with wireless, but this guy can and will answer your questions. There is not a better resource for RV cameras. Ask for Tim.
http://www.rvcams.com/

Jon Wehrenberg
03-31-2009, 04:45 PM
I second that suggestion. Just to add to the free advertising by Mel, I bought a new monitor from RV Cams. It puked prematurely, and of course outside the warranty period. RV cams said that should not have happened and Tim gave me credit for 1/2 the purchase price towards the new one.

That's a first class gesture.

dale farley
03-31-2009, 04:57 PM
Tim gets my vote. I bought a color camera from him a year ago at a good price and had no problems. It was totally different from my previous camera, but I didn't have to run any new wires. I think I bought an adapter from him.

Joe Cannarozzi
03-31-2009, 06:57 PM
I believe that if you can run wires that type are hands down better resolution than any wireless.

Rod remember you do have that empty conduit running front to back to carry the wires if needed.

Does that repeater require wires?

BrianE
03-31-2009, 07:05 PM
Rod, Tim's the man and two wires will do the trick.

rodburtonmusic
03-31-2009, 08:07 PM
All good info! I'll check that out.

Joe...the repeater doesn't need wires, but with that conduit or the existing...I'm almost thinking wires are the best bet anyhow.

Thanks!