PDA

View Full Version : window extension

bluevost
03-27-2009, 04:34 PM
Hey POGgers,

A guy stopped by the coach the other day and showed me this window extension. First let me say that every window in my bus opens, and ventilation is very important to Janet and me, so this got my attention right away. This little piece is made of aluminum, slips on the end of your existing window rod (opener), and rests in place the same way your existing rod does. It makes a 3 segment widow rod into a 4 segment rod, and the window will open about 4" more. It's ideal for older vintage XL's. I bought 6, and he says he has about 30 left. $8.00 ea., I can get them from him and bring them to OKC, or you can pay postage and I'll send them to you. Let me know.

(The window photo here shows the difference in opening, two with one without)

Ken

jimshoen
03-27-2009, 08:05 PM
Hi Ken,
I would like 5 extensions.
If you can mail them to me that would be great.
I will send private message.
Jim

adamdegraff
03-27-2009, 09:30 PM
Hey Ken,
cool gadget. Question. Do you have to remove it before you close the window?

~Adam

Petervs
03-27-2009, 09:32 PM
There was one of those in my bus and I never knew what it was for/ It is simply a short piece of 1/2 inch copper pipe with an elbow, real simple to make em!

bluevost
03-27-2009, 11:05 PM
Jim S. Got you down for 5

Adam -- yes you will remove it to close and lock the window. I have been leaving mine on the window sill since we are parked. Will find a basket or ?? to put them in when we are moving around.

Ken

rfoster
03-28-2009, 09:35 AM
Jimmy C. That Liberty of yours has four of those extensions in it.

I like others on this forum did not know what they were for. They are in the back in one of the bedroom drawers it someone hasn't taken them out.

Good Post Ken.

JIM CHALOUPKA
03-28-2009, 09:43 AM
Never saw them Roger, there not there now:(

JIM

bluevost
03-28-2009, 11:26 AM
Hey POGgers,

The guy stopped by my rig this morning and there seems to be some misunderstanding on the price of the window extensions. So as of now they are not available. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Ken

Gary & Peggy Stevens
03-30-2009, 12:36 PM
Which probably translates to,

Unknown Guy: " Yea I can sell these to you for only $8 a piece?"

Ken Says: " OK, I will take all that you have."

Unknown Guy: WHAT, You mean you will buy them, OH, did I say $8 a Piece,.... I meant to say $ 18 each. :eek: :D

Gary S.

gmcbuffalo
03-31-2009, 04:41 AM
You should be able to get them at home depot in the copper plumbing section. they look like the stubs used to end the water pipes where they come out the wall prior to attaching the faucets.
GregM

MangoMike
03-31-2009, 02:01 PM
Ken,

I like your choice of color for nail polish. Very flattering.

mm

Denny
04-01-2009, 08:51 PM
I recently broke the window extension rod and received a new one from Prevost. I think I can unscrew the broken one and screw in the new. Has anyone ever changed this rod and how is it done? Thanks for the info.

JIM CHALOUPKA
04-01-2009, 09:20 PM
Denny, I was trying mine this AM and noted that it freely turns in the mount, at least it appeared so. I was looking at it with regard to the extensions and not its removal. It may in fact unscrew, but I could not see well enough through the screen and did not want to remove it.

I noted that the segments are attached to each other by a split pin. Depending what needs replacing on yours, you could remove and add a section if that is what it needs. ( be careful there is a spring loaded plunger between segments) The whole gizmo seems to be made of delrin plastic?

You could add another section and make it longer as with the non existent $8.00 extension.

There may be a set screw that runs in a groove in the end of the first link and holds it in place while allowing it to revolve.

JIM

lewpopp
04-01-2009, 09:23 PM
Can you get those extensions long enough as to adjust the window from the drivers seat?

Denny
04-02-2009, 07:06 PM
Jim,
Mine broke right at the window where the short piece attaches to the window and the next longer piece attaches to it. The short window piece has a top and bottom with the next longer section fitting in between, in male/female fashion. These two pieces are pinned together just as the other ones are. I have the new window extension rod that I ordered from Prevost.

Haven't had to work on it yet but I thought I would check with the POG brain trust before I mess the window up.

Lew,
Since this small piece was a $100 you don't want one long enough to open windows from the driver's seat.

Denny
04-02-2009, 09:48 PM
Got the window rod installed tonight. Once I looked at it, it was a simple fix.