PDA

View Full Version : Converters Owner Manuals

rahangman
03-25-2009, 11:06 AM
Just joined POG's and looks like I will be spending a lot of time fighting the "Dreaded MPD" which you all so ardently have described. Not hopeless, just mind bogeling (sp). Seriously, I have a 1990 Country Coach Conversion (purchased 1 year ago) and barely any CC info. With CC trying to make a comeback, I doubt that I will be able to get a whole lot out of them, so I am reaching out to those who may have one of these booklets/info that I can secure a copy of for my coach.

Joe Cannarozzi
03-25-2009, 11:28 AM
I bet if you get to the rally in Oklahoma with a copier in tow you will leave with everything you seek, and then some:)

dalej
03-25-2009, 11:29 AM
If you are going to Oklahoma City in October for the rally, I'll look at your bus and if it's close enough to mine, you can take my manuals to a Kinko's and have them copied.

Country Coach, I'm guessing will tell you that their lack of records for that era won't allow them to make you a copy of the manuals.

Jon Wehrenberg
03-25-2009, 03:37 PM
Welcome to the asylum. Since you have no manuals, when we make up answers it will be fun seeing if you really believe us.

Your coach should be fairly simple and if you have even the slightest mechanical ability, or are willing to learn just taking apart panels and looking for all the components in the various nooks and crannies should tell you a lot of what you need to know. If you get really confused post your questions. There are a lot of folks that have CC conversions, and some of your vintage.

When you post questions it is really helpful if you can also post photos. Even if some of us do not have a CC, a lot of components are common to other converters.

dreamchasers
03-25-2009, 05:18 PM
Rahangman,

An electronic copy of the Powertech Generator manual is posted on the POG website, under articles.

What type of generator do you have?

Do you have the CCC or Country Coach Control System installed in your bus? It is a big gray electrical box located in the basement, first bay. All of my coach controls go thru this box on my coach, salon lights,etc.

I am not sure what is installed in 1990 CC, but I am willing to share what I have.

Prevost has done a great job with sharing drawings, manuals, etc on their website. Go to //www.prevostcar.com (http://www.prevostcar.com) ,go the service section, then publications and drill down to your coach. It has been very helpful for me.

Tell us a little about your coach and what do you need.

Hector