PDA

View Full Version : rahangman

rahangman
03-24-2009, 04:39 PM
1990 Prevost LeMirage Country Coach Conversion looking for a chance to increase my limited knowledge of our Bus oh and BTW did I mention we need an owners guide from Country Coach for our Conversion 60115? Feel free to email direct and I will answer asap.....need this help please

Jerry Winchester
03-24-2009, 07:16 PM
Then you have come to the right place. Especially if you have the coveted CC with the "Plastic Shield".

Welcome to the POG.

aggies09
03-24-2009, 07:54 PM
Welcome Hangman. Makes me wonder what your profession is? There are some extremely helpful people here that can help you understand your coach. They have been a tremendous help to me and others. Glad to have you as a member and hope to run into you somewhere down the road.

truk4u
03-24-2009, 09:40 PM
Welcome aboard, another 8V92 is good!;)

dalej
03-24-2009, 09:44 PM
Ditto to what Tom said. 8v92's ROCK! But we all know that the 60 series Rocks too. :)

JIM CHALOUPKA
03-24-2009, 10:26 PM
Welcome Hangman, nice to meet you.

;):)JIM

merle&louise
03-24-2009, 10:44 PM
Hangman,

If your CC doesn't have a plastic bug shield I've heard that there is a special sale on them at Boots & Coots. Jerry has the inside info.:eek:

garyde
03-24-2009, 10:44 PM
Welcome Hangman, getting help, opinions, & occasional right answers is one thing you don't have to worry about here. Your Coach is first and foremost a Prevost, so everyone can identify and chime in . Country coach has it's own set of propriatary componants so you will find a great group of CC afacionados for those issues.

rahangman
03-24-2009, 11:34 PM
Welcome Hangman. Makes me wonder what your profession is? There are some extremely helpful people here that can help you understand your coach. They have been a tremendous help to me and others. Glad to have you as a member and hope to run into you somewhere down the road.
First thing I am looking for is a Country Coach Conversion book for mine...Conversion# 60115

rahangman
03-24-2009, 11:34 PM
Hangman,

If your CC doesn't have a plastic bug shield I've heard that there is a special sale on them at Boots & Coots. Jerry has the inside info.:eek:
what is the plastic shield?

flyu2there
03-25-2009, 12:39 AM
There are several folks here with early 90's CC's. Mine is about 9 years newer and although I have all of the manuals, they would probably be of little service.

A little luck, and Country Coach will re-open in a few weeks then you may want to place a call to Jim Cooley who was (do not know if he still is) the man you need to talk to.

I am starting to believe that these manuals are very much like airplane log books.........

John

merle&louise
03-25-2009, 08:37 AM
what is the plastic shield?

The plastic shield is a molded piece of lexan that is contoured to the front of your bus for protection from rocks, bugs, etc. Some on this site consider them to be good and others consider them to be tacky! You can form your own opinion:)

JIM KELLER
03-25-2009, 09:14 AM
Those of us with a strong opinion of the assets of a " Protective Shield " proudly display our opinion in our signature at the bottom of our posts.

Of course there are those that also display their misconceptions within their signatures.

dale farley
03-25-2009, 09:22 AM
Rahangman, Welcome to the POG. The plastic shield is a nice accessory to the bus. If I had one, I wouldn't have the two rock dents on the front of mine.

The ones who don't like the shields are the owners of busses converted by less-innovative converters, and they are jealous of the CC owners who do have them.

flyu2there
03-25-2009, 10:34 AM
That's telling them Dale...now, keep you head down for a while!

Joe Cannarozzi
03-25-2009, 11:25 AM
I am currently in the process of designing a plastic shield that will protect your plastic shield.

Do you think it would look good with a skull and crossbones or not:confused:

dale farley
03-25-2009, 12:40 PM
Since I don't have one, I'm thinking about making a shield out of 1/2" plywood. I don't want it to look tacky, so I may spary it with clear coat so you can see through it.

mike kerley
03-25-2009, 01:58 PM
Welcome rahangman.

I've a 93, and limited manuals. Been fine for over five years. The wiring number chart is the most important item. Showing what number wire goes where. If you've got that, your most likely good to go.

Good luck and enjoy the banter!

michaeldterry
03-25-2009, 02:49 PM
Since I don't have one, I'm thinking about making a shield out of 1/2" plywood. I don't want it to look tacky, so I may spary it with clear coat so you can see through it.

That should look spiffy, Dale! I'm designing my shield to be made from lead for extra protection against ray guns and such, but will employ your idea and use clear coat so it is practically invisible! :D:rolleyes::D:confused:

Petervs
03-25-2009, 04:15 PM
Bus owners who have the plastic shield installed also have the clear plastic covers on all their upholstery in the bus, as well as at home; just like your grandmother used to have. It is especially nice to sit on in shorts on a hot day.

Jon Wehrenberg
03-25-2009, 04:33 PM
When people get old and senile they put plastic bug catchers on the front of their bus. The theory is it protects the stainless and the paint in the front from dings when they follow the car ahead too closely.

Then they drive around with a bus so ugly it makes the dings they would have gotten look like beauty marks.

When they wash their ding free buses they have to clean the plastic which has the clarity of milk, and then they have to lower the plastic down to clean the front of the bus and the back of the plastic. Since they are old they also are retired and have plenty of time to screw around with the plastic bug catcher.

Then they go in the coach and sit on the sofa with its own plastic shield. The crackling of the plastic as they move around keeps them awake, and when they try to get up from the sofa their skin sticks to the plastic and peels off the top layer. (Skin, not plastic)

They also keep the plastic carpet protector on the floor, all of this to keep the bus in pristine condition for their grandchildren who will take it to Panama City on spring break with about 30 of their closest friends who will in one weekend do more damage than 25 years of ownership ever did.

MangoMike
03-25-2009, 07:28 PM
Ragman,

Welcome to POG.

Forget the milky plastic, I found this works much better at a quarter of the price.

Mango Mike

rfoster
03-25-2009, 08:42 PM
Mango: You beat me to it.

Jon Wehrenberg
03-26-2009, 06:55 AM
Hangman, the above photo is the high class Marathon approach to ding protection. There is no end to the clever ways owners protect their pride and joys.

Think of these devices as condoms for coaches.

GDeen
03-26-2009, 03:41 PM
When people get old and senile they put plastic bug catchers on the front of their bus. The theory is it protects the stainless and the paint in the front from dings when they follow the car ahead too closely.

Then they drive around with a bus so ugly it makes the dings they would have gotten look like beauty marks.

When they wash their ding free buses they have to clean the plastic which has the clarity of milk, and then they have to lower the plastic down to clean the front of the bus and the back of the plastic. Since they are old they also are retired and have plenty of time to screw around with the plastic bug catcher.

Then they go in the coach and sit on the sofa with its own plastic shield. The crackling of the plastic as they move around keeps them awake, and when they try to get up from the sofa their skin sticks to the plastic and peels off the top layer. (Skin, not plastic)

They also keep the plastic carpet protector on the floor, all of this to keep the bus in pristine condition for their grandchildren who will take it to Panama City on spring break with about 30 of their closest friends who will in one weekend do more damage than 25 years of ownership ever did.

Now that is funny....

LA-HODAG
03-30-2009, 09:47 PM
Hey Hangman, I'm new here on POG today. I have the same bus. Mine is Country Coach 60105 and I have the manual. Unfortunately, it's on the bus and my storage site is a bit of a trip outside the city. Sometime in the next couple of weeks I will bring it in to scan for you. Sorry I can't do it sooner, but my weekends are booked up with family stuff and we are heading out for spring break trip. Let me know if you have any questions in the meantime.

For everybody else, I've been on Prevost-Stuff for a long time and know a lot of you. Lost my password and figured it was an omen telling me to spend the hundred bucks. Seems like a pretty cool site in the 20 minutes I've been a member.

Bryan

dalej
03-30-2009, 10:03 PM
Glad you joined LA!

garyde
03-30-2009, 10:32 PM
Welcome LA. let us know more about you and your Coach. Feel free to post anything and everything.

Sid Tuls
03-30-2009, 11:58 PM
Hey L A welcome it's great to have another member on the west coast!!!!

tdelorme
03-31-2009, 06:37 AM
HUNDRED BUCKS??? You really sent in the $100? All that does is give you "senior member" status right away. Welcome to the forum!

Jon Wehrenberg
03-31-2009, 07:55 AM
$100 bucks? Welcome to the asylum. Proof that you belong is the fact we all paid $10.