PDA

View Full Version : Inverter Repair

jonnie
03-24-2009, 01:46 PM
Does anyone recall the name of the company in New Mexico that repairs xantrex source managers and inverters? I know there was a discussion around this awhile ago but I can't dig it out. Any help will be appreciated.

Regards

John

tdelorme
03-24-2009, 03:01 PM
Try this guy.

Gusdorf Electrinics Santa Fe, NM.
505-983-4095

truk4u
03-24-2009, 09:42 PM
Where ya been John Boy, glad to hear from you!;)

jonnie
03-29-2009, 02:09 PM
Tom,

Just lurking around and letting you guys do your thing. Its great entertainment sometimes and also a learning experience. Nancy and I have been at Pelican Lake for the last month. Unfortunately, we are now home and back to work on Monday.

Hope to see ya soon

John

Kenneth Brewer
03-29-2009, 02:48 PM
Try this guy.

Gusdorf Electrinics Santa Fe, NM.
505-983-4095
Gusdorf Electronics

(Gusdorf Electronic Repair)
649 Camino De La Luz, Santa Fe, NM 87505-5925
Contact Phone:(505) 983-4095 URL (web address):
Business Category:Consumer Electronic Repair in Santa Fe, NMIndustry (SIC):Radio and Television Repair Shops

rickdesilva
03-29-2009, 09:37 PM
Jonnie time to stop dreaming and upgrade!

jonnie
03-30-2009, 03:09 PM
Rick,

Sorry, champagne taste on a beer pocketbook!!!!!

jonnie
03-30-2009, 03:10 PM
To all,

Thanks for the info on Gusdorf.

dreamchasers
03-30-2009, 09:13 PM
Jonnie,

My previous coach was an American Eagle with the infamous "Source Manager". A month before I sold the coach, the batter charging function faulted. With the help of Gusdorf (Telephone call), we were able to repair the unit. I replace an SCR (Silicon Controlled Rectifier) and all was well. Before that event the Source Manager worked flawlessly.

After I sold the coach, the new owner had a problem with the source manager as a result of a 'Lightening Strike'. During an attempted repair (I was helping the new owner with the repair.) using Gusdorf as help, we were unsuccessfully. The lightening strike apparently sent voltage spikes through the system and damaged several components. He suggested that I remove the unit and ship to him. He was confident that he could repair the unit if it was in his shop. The only component that is critical is the microprocessor, which was a Fleetwood card.

The new owner of my previous American Eagle decided to replace the the source manager utilizing an insurance claim. The unit was replaced the new modern Xantrex system.

I hope the info helps

Hector

jonnie
03-31-2009, 09:14 AM
Hector,

Thanks for the info. I have been in contact with Gusdorf and he suggested I have it looked at locally before I shipped it to NM. It was repaired in June of 08 by xantrex but only warrantied for 90 days and they do not support the Source Manager II any longer. I will repair it if possible or replace it if necessary. I believe it is the transfer function, it is not recognizing the AC in. All is well on the generator side, with charger and inverter.

John

Joe Cannarozzi
03-31-2009, 10:20 AM
Jonnie if you need the Relay/switch that senses a/c current and automatically triggers the inverter to go to charge let me know the spec or manufacturer# of that part.

When ours failed I had to get more than I needed and have spares.

jonnie
03-31-2009, 03:01 PM
Joe,

Thanks, I will let you know after I get it out.

Gary & Peggy Stevens
05-13-2009, 12:14 AM
Ok, I thought I would offer this little tid bit of information, since I never get to offer much to the group, CAUSE I don't know much. :o

I was having an issue with Leg A of my Trace Inverter during the A/V installation inside the bus. The power would keep going on/off in the front of the bus, which was on Leg A, it would never lock onto either gen set or the shore power coming into the bus. It just fluctuated.

Keep in mind this happened during a complete redo of the A/V equipment in the bus?

Well it turned out, all I needed to do was RESET the 35amp Resettable fuse on the left hand side of the Trace power box next to the in coming power cables. Did you know these have a Resetable Fuse? You do now! :D

I wish the other problems I have had on the bus were this simple :eek:

Gary S.

05-13-2009, 08:31 AM
Hello Gary,

I question: Did you ever figure out what caused the Trace Breaker to trip? Was it a power surge, short ?? while the A/V was being installed

Gary & Peggy Stevens
05-13-2009, 01:36 PM
Hello Gary, I question: Did you ever figure out what caused the Trace Breaker to trip? Was it a power surge, short ?? while the A/V was being installed

No I did not find out what actually caused the breaker to trip, but like I said the A/V guy was doing lots of messing with wires all over the bus, so my only theory would be he must have shorted it out.

I put the bus away all safe and sound last night and won't pick it up again till Friday for a camping weekend, so lets hope I don't have any electrical issues this weekend.

Peg hates electrical problems worse than I do. Her magnifying make up mirror won't work ! :eek: :D

Gary S.

05-13-2009, 02:16 PM
I understand that.

i just had work done on My A/V and GPS systems, now my step won't work.

It is always a trade off when we have work upgrades, 2 steps forward 1 step backwards, it all seems to work out.

Gary & Peggy Stevens
05-13-2009, 03:24 PM
I understand that. i just had work done on My A/V and GPS systems, now my step won't work. It is always a trade off when we have work upgrades, 2 steps forward 1 step backwards, it all seems to work out.

You know Bruce, since there are so many things that can and usually do go wrong when other things are fixed on our bus, I have made it a point to show the new tech. that everything works before he starts his job.

And I absolutely check to make sure everything is working after his work is complete. Sheeesh, you wouldn't think that working on the radio or GPS, would cause a problem with the step slide, but THERE YOU GO ! :mad: :D

And as Jon W. would point out, since I have a SLIDE, Electric curtains in the bus, AND NO OTR air on my bus, 3 strikes and I'm out !

Crap,....... good thing I'm Good lookin.:D

Gary S.