PDA

View Full Version : Dash Radio/CD Player

JIM CHALOUPKA
03-24-2009, 06:51 AM
After working fine for some time my dash radio would come on and appear fully functional, except no sound:eek:

It was discovered that the equalizer/amplifier in the upper cabinet also has an obscure volume control that for some unknown reason was found set at ZERO :confused:

JIM

Jon Wehrenberg
03-24-2009, 07:10 AM
Nobody has a clue what you are talking about Jim unless they are an owner of a Liberty of our vintage with the same radio set up.

Some converter specific quirks need to be described as such.

The scenario in question relates to Liberty coaches with the Alpine equalizer located in the upper cabinet that houses the VCR/DVD player.

Joe Cannarozzi
03-24-2009, 08:48 AM
If you never adjusted that remote volume and you say it worked and then it didn't how is that? Gremlins?

JIM CHALOUPKA
03-24-2009, 09:22 AM
The only thing I can think of is that I turned off the batteries at their disconnects one time and maybe that set it to zero.

JIM

Jerry Winchester
03-24-2009, 07:47 PM
You should have dialed Tech Services - 800-CALL-THE-KING

He knows everything there is to know about that coach. He told me so many times.

JIM CHALOUPKA
03-24-2009, 09:15 PM
Well guess what, I did and that's how I found out!

Now if I could only get the macerator to work. I hope I don't have to blow into the pipe.

JIM

Jon Wehrenberg
03-25-2009, 07:54 AM
If the macerator will not self prime it could be the rubber impellers were damaged by running dry, or the tube leading to the macerator has a hole due to corrosion. My coach had one of the copper pipes that I think was a vent with pin holes due to corrosion

To prime do not blow into it, suck on it. When the pitch changes you have .03 seconds to get your mouth off the end of the hose.

JIM CHALOUPKA
03-25-2009, 08:55 AM
A couple more questions; Can you hear the pump run when it is turned on? ( I hear nothing )
If you turn the pump on by the switch on the dash will the pump continue to run?
Do you first have to turn it on at the dash to make the outside switch work?
Is the outside switch push on, push off, or must it be held to operate the pump?

JIM

Pete
03-25-2009, 09:29 AM
Jon, Just curious, how do you know you only have .03 seconds to get your mouth off of the tube? There must be a story here.

rfoster
03-25-2009, 09:50 AM
I don't know for sure, but I believe I read somewhere that Jim would have one second after sucking on the pipe.

Jim turn the button on the dash on - it will illuminate, then push on the button at the tank and you would hear it come on. No noise, probably no juice - lack of use etc. Then you will have to prime it like Jon says. Remember -- one second.

truk4u
03-25-2009, 09:54 AM
Jim,

Mine only has one switch on the dash and it's momentary. You can hear the pump run and it either picks up the prime or it doesn't. The impeller on mine appears to be bad and my pick-up tube is PVC. I forced water back through the pump while trying to run it with no success.

flyu2there
03-25-2009, 10:32 AM
Believe if you have the Acme Model I-8-1-2 (:D) which was standard on your coach model, you have up to 5 minutes of sucking, looking or listening down the pipe time before the nasties begin to flow. Even when it starts to flow you will have pleanty of time as the pump is only rated at 160 gallons per minute.........

Jon Wehrenberg
03-25-2009, 03:33 PM
Jim,

The macerator sits on top of the holding tank. Look behind the Headhunter waste level control box. You should have a macerator switch at the holding tank compartment. If you press the switch the light should light and you should hear the pump run. If it does not run check the macerator fuse.

If the fuse is OK check to see if you get power at the pump. Well...you know the drill.

If you are not getting power to the pump and the fuse checks out see if it is a relay on the Allen Bradley bank of relays. Have someone turn the switch on and off and a red LED over the relay for the macerator should light. Just swap with a known good relay if you do not have a spare.

Obviously there is no need to suck on the hose if the pump doesn't run. But if you get it running, and do suck on the hose, remember.....03 seconds. At least that is what Pete told me.

Will Garner
03-25-2009, 06:00 PM
Hey Jim,

Be careful there pardner. That non-functional macerator may be because The King lost some bling while on His Majestie's Throne and did not want to do the fishing thing to retreive the Bling.

See Ya in OKC ...

garyde
03-25-2009, 11:37 PM
Jim. My fuse is blown on the macerator. I haven't delt with the damn thing since. A waste of time.