PDA

View Full Version : Changing pressure in main tanks

nrhareiner
03-22-2009, 05:55 AM
Good morning everyone,

I think I have developed a problem in the governor controlling the main air compressor run by the DD. Prior to yesterday the pressure would only drop to 115 before the compressor would bring the pressure back to around 120-123. Now it will drop to around 105, then bring it up to 125-130. It appears the compressor is working correctly, but the governor is not functioning correctly.

Any ideas?

Thank you

Joe Cannarozzi
03-22-2009, 06:19 AM
The new parameters you are describing are acceptable. However if it is a change from what it has been something is definitely going on and you may want to have a new regulator on hand. 20 bucks.

The regulators can be adjusted to shut off at different pressures but I was unaware of any that did not allow pressure to go down to right around 100 even before beginning the process over again. Putting it another way that low pressure where it starts pumping air is not adjustable just the high pressure where it stops is:confused:

Your current reg and the way it used to start pumping at 115 is IMO preferable but I have never had one that did that.

truk4u
03-22-2009, 10:07 AM
Kim,

105/125 is good, but like Joe said, something might be going on if it has changed. Any truck parts or NAPA will have the governor.

Here is one of my previous posts:
http://forum.prevostownersgroup.com/showthread.php?t=2487&highlight=air+governor

Petervs
03-22-2009, 10:43 AM
Kim, did you by chance drive way up or down hill, like 5000 feet worth of altitude change? If the outside air pressure changes the gauge reads a little different because it is referenced to the outside air.