PDA

View Full Version : Windshields & Wipers on Sale at Prevost

MangoMike
03-20-2009, 11:57 AM
Thanks to a tip from JDUB I was able to take advantage of a wiper sale at Prevost parts 800 621 - 5519. Until the end of March 2009 wiper blade assemblies are on sale for $13 (xlII) $19 for H3's.

Windshields also on sale. $189 for H3 lower.

Mike

Joe Cannarozzi
03-20-2009, 02:28 PM
You can get windshields for an XL for 99 bucks right now if you buy 10.

michaeldterry
03-20-2009, 04:55 PM
You can get windshields for an XL for 99 bucks right now if you buy 10.

I've got a stone chip low on my driver side windshield - hardly even noticeable, but <shrug> - are there 9 other POGgers that could use a new XL windshield? :D:p

Just kidding? (sort of)

Joe Cannarozzi
03-20-2009, 08:59 PM
Well I could put them all on my account and have them drop shipped and reimbursed from whoever needs them.

There was also a price on 5.

I could use one.

Jeff Bayley
03-20-2009, 10:26 PM
Joe and Micahel-

I would get both of mine replaced for that low money. Michale. I'm in Sarasota. Your in Atlanta area. We could meet up in Jacksonville at the same time and maybe some others within striking distance would meet. Windshield rally ?

michaeldterry
03-21-2009, 01:42 PM
Joe and Micahel-

I would get both of mine replaced for that low money. Michale. I'm in Sarasota. Your in Atlanta area. We could meet up in Jacksonville at the same time and maybe some others within striking distance would meet. Windshield rally ?

Jeff - not a bad idea, buddy! :)

Sid Tuls
03-21-2009, 01:45 PM
How much does Prevost charge to put in new windshields in a XL?

Jeff Bayley
03-22-2009, 03:14 PM
I don't know but it's probabley an hour at most for each side. I had one changed at a place in Chicago that was not a Prevost dealer but did a lot of work on Prevosts. I recall it was $500 parts and labor for one side.

Joe- Any idea how long the special is on for ?

I guess we've only got Michael in Atlanta and myself interested so far. Put me down for both of mine so that's 2. Michael, you need one or both ? Wonder if anyone else needs theirs and is going to be going by the Jacksonville location, could they pay for their parts in advance when the rest of us pay and if they would let us get away with that. Or maybe others near Mira Loma, Dallas, etc could have theirs done there. ??? Would just be a matter of asking a manager at one of the stores if our "club" can buy 10 at once and spread them out like that.

Sid Tuls
03-22-2009, 08:59 PM
If we can do that put me down for 2 for a XL. I would have Prevost Mira Loma install them. Let me know.

Joe Cannarozzi
03-22-2009, 09:33 PM
I would take one so that is 6. The price for 5 is 119 each but we are past that. I do not know when it ends or what the freight will be. I will look into it tomorrow.

We need 4 more broken xl windshilds for the 99 dollar price.:eek::rolleyes::D;)

rfoster
03-22-2009, 09:52 PM
JoeC: I believe from the photo and signature that Sids' is not an XL, but an XLII.

Suggest you ask for confirmation before you buy.

Just trying to help were I can.

Sid Tuls
03-22-2009, 10:45 PM
Thanks Roger yes it is an XL11:confused:

Joe Cannarozzi
03-23-2009, 06:52 AM
Sid you will need to Buddy up with others your flavor. All windshields are on sale but yours are more, the XL are the way cheapest.

Orren Zook
03-23-2009, 08:31 AM
I would take one so that is 6. The price for 5 is 119 each but we are past that. I do not know when it ends or what the freight will be. I will look into it tomorrow.

We need 4 more broken xl windshilds for the 99 dollar price.:eek::rolleyes::D;)

Joe, I've got some discoloration around the edges of mine so add me to the list for two. Will they come out of Elgin or do you know?

Ray Davis
03-23-2009, 11:42 AM
Sid, I need one windshield. And with help, I might be able to change ours ourselves. I did change an XL windshield at POG3 in Kerrville. The XL2 windshields are bigger and heavier, but I believe use the seem technology to seal them.

Anyone know the cost of an XL2 windshield at this time?

Ray

Joe Cannarozzi
03-23-2009, 01:38 PM
Orren I did not ask them where they were coming from. He said that the ground shipping ordinarily is included but if I have them ship to 6 different places we would probably have to pay something.

The XLII currently are not on sale

I will wait till the end of the week and see how many others chime in.

Gary & Peggy Stevens
03-23-2009, 01:56 PM
Ray / Sid, I think JDUB is out of touch the first of this week, but I know he needs probably two shields also. He got a real nice rock hole in the drivers side, coming to the concert Saturday night, and he pointed out about 7 other chip marks across the rest of the windows. Just check with JDUB before you place your XLII Shield order.

I don't know if these XLII shields can be self installed, even with the expertise of Dale J, cause I'll bet they are very heavy and bulky to wrestle with, let alone get seated and weather tight?

Gary S.

Gary & Peggy Stevens
03-23-2009, 02:07 PM
I just called Prevo Ft. Worth about the XLII Windshields.

Holy Crap............ :eek:I hope your sitting down when you read this one. :D

First of All the Price: Reg $ 519 each Sale Currently $479 each
Order 5 or more $419 each
Order 10 or more $399 each

You have to ORDER and specify either the passenger or the driver side when you order your shield cause they are different glass on the XLII's. And if you are ordering under the quantity they can mix and match the variations to make up 5 or 10 shields.

The parts guy also required the last 10 digits of your vin number to get the specific Height range of your particular windshield. Apparently their are 3 different heights for the XLII's shields.

Gary S.

Jerry Winchester
03-23-2009, 02:16 PM
Plus Prevost charges about $400 in labor to change it, so it must not be as straight forward as the XL. I need two and would buy a spare set, but I don't want to install it if there are some indian tricks you need to know.

lonesome george
03-23-2009, 06:13 PM
Hi guys,
I talked to Prevost parts today about the XL windshield sale and ask if the we could have them split shipped and the answer was no. The windshields are packed in groups of 5 and one of the reasons given for the good price is they do not need to repack for shippment, also ask if 5 lefts and 5 rights would be considered 10 and the answer was no, however I believe with some high quality whining the deal could be done that way. I would like to have one of each.
If we are going to buy these as a group it makes sense to break it down to geographic regions or attendence to the next rally or two. We live in Indiana and could receive the shippment here for this area or some other place in the mid-west works for us. Freight is included in the price.
The sale ends the end of this month so we don't have a lot of time to get this set-up.

JIM CHALOUPKA
03-23-2009, 08:18 PM
I am under the impression that the XL windshields are the same right and left and also fit the sides.
Is that correct? Can someone clarify please.

JIM

Jerry Winchester
03-23-2009, 08:39 PM
Yes left and right are the same. And the side is the same shape, but it may be tinted all over which would make it different.

Jeff Bayley
03-23-2009, 08:59 PM
Ok guy's. I got the ball rolling with the concept of splitting them up and such and some others have run with it to find out more about if we can do that or not (thank you). If the sale ends end of this month, let's finish "gett'er done" and get our windshields.

Jerry said the XL (that's what most of us seem to need) are the same side for side size wise except he seemed to say about the tint. Jerry; do you mean to say the tint might be darker from top to bottom and that using the same sides for left to right would result in one side having the tint reversed in the wrong direction ?

"Get'er done" I'm down for two on my XL45.

"Get'er done" (One more for good measure)

lonesome george
03-23-2009, 09:15 PM
Jim & Jerry,
I will check with Prevost parts tomorrow to comfirm the left / right and tint questions, I ask if we could mix left and right in the count and he said no, so I concluded there must be some difference. The ones in our coach look to be the same part but I'm not sure, will get to the bottom if it tomorrow. If the left and right are the same part I will ask if the order can be shipped to two different addresses, that could help with the logistics.

Jerry Winchester
03-23-2009, 10:25 PM
I don't think the front ones were tinted at all, but I think the side ones are tinted all over.

Ray Davis
03-23-2009, 10:25 PM
It's my understanding that the XL windows are indeed the same, however I don't believe the side windows, although same size, are hardened safely glass?

Ray

hhoppe
03-24-2009, 12:48 AM
I'm in for two XL windshields if it works out who ever handles them would be willing to re-pack and ship them to me in CA. I'll of course pay the added freight and packing cost. Or I could take delivery in October at the OK POG rally. I need wipers also, I can order those myself.

Jon Wehrenberg
03-24-2009, 06:43 AM
Left and Right fronts on the XL are the same. They are tinted, but not as dark as the side windows and the tint is uniform top to bottom.

lonesome george
03-24-2009, 10:52 AM
WOW it takes awhile to get me up to speed!! Prevost parts will accept an order for 10 windshields and ship to two different addresses, 5 can go to one place and 5 to another, with the freight paid by Prevost. The question now is what addresses make sense. We can receive one package here. if that works for the mid-west folks.

Joe Cannarozzi
03-24-2009, 04:07 PM
Elgin has just confirmed what George already told us those 10 pieces can only be shipped to 2 locations max.

Petervs
03-24-2009, 09:55 PM
I think the XL side windows are the same as the windshields on the older 96 inch wide coaches. They are definitely tinted much darker. My side windows are safety glass like the windshields. ( double layer of glass held together by plastic film)

I just bought one, Prevost gets $500 each for the side windows. There is probably not much demand for them and probably no competition.

FYI, I carry a spare windshield up against the back wall of my bedroom closet. It only takes up 1/4 inch. and if you break one out in the boonies somewhere if you have one with you you can change it yourself or have any local windshield shop do it. Saves the hassle of finding one at a Prevost place or wherever. Remember, sometimes they just crack, but sometimes they shatter into a million little pieces and you can not drive that way.

garyde
03-24-2009, 11:27 PM
I just called Prevo Ft. Worth about the XLII Windshields.

Holy Crap............ :eek:I hope your sitting down when you read this one. :D

First of All the Price: Reg $ 519 each Sale Currently $479 each
Order 5 or more $419 each
Order 10 or more $399 each

You have to ORDER and specify either the passenger or the driver side when you order your shield cause they are different glass on the XLII's. And if you are ordering under the quantity they can mix and match the variations to make up 5 or 10 shields.

The parts guy also required the last 10 digits of your vin number to get the specific Height range of your particular windshield. Apparently their are 3 different heights for the XLII's shields.

Gary S.

Having watched glass installers install two new windshields in my previous Country Coach Lexa, which were about the same size as my Prevost, it takes two people with two glass suction cup holders to lift it in place and position the glass.
The windshield is larger and heavier than the XL windshields. Unless we have a mini rally to install windshields, it's best to call a local Auto installer to get them installed. I have a guy locally who will come out and change out windshields on site.

Joe Cannarozzi
03-25-2009, 11:17 AM
Ditto what Peter posted and I can confirm that the side windows are still the same as the fronts on a 102 wide.

I could use 2 side windows and if I could find the exact shade of tint I would happily tint the windshields coming out with small chips and reinstall them in the side.:o

Is that being cheep:confused::rolleyes: So what, I would still do it if the tint were exactly the same.

500 for those side windows just because they are smoked is robery.

Joe Cannarozzi
03-25-2009, 01:35 PM
The plot thickens.

I was just informed that the XL windshields are now down to 79 bucks and they extended the sale to May 31.

Someone going to the rally in OK could probably very easily dispense with those at that price.

I asked if I were willing to pay the freight would they be willing to have 10 shipped to different spots and if so what is ground shipping.

They are getting back to me.

If that flys I am guessing the freight will be around 50 bucks so with the new sale price we could do it that way for around 130 each.

79 bucks IMO is a great buy. Really make those side windows look like a rip.

lonesome george
03-25-2009, 03:53 PM
Sweet Joe!
I thought 99 dollars was a good deal, 79 dollars is a real good deal. Prevost must be sitting on a pile of XL windshields.
This just gets better and better.

Petervs
03-25-2009, 04:12 PM
I would not mind "stocking" one or two more of those $79 ones.

Prevost pays the freight for one shipment, it comes in a huge box. I know, they sent me ONE windshield in the same box.

So who is going to get an order placed for distribution at OKC? If no one volunteers I will do it, but I will have to charge a 5% handling fee!

Pete
03-25-2009, 04:44 PM
If needed to fill the order, I will take 1 or 2. I don't need 1 at present, but for 79.00 it is a great buy! I plan on being at the OKC rally and can take delivery there if that is the plan.

truk4u
03-25-2009, 10:42 PM
Joe,

You can count on me for 2... If there's any benefit due to time restraints on purchasing from Prevost, you can have them all shipped to my warehouse in Georgia. We can hold them until OKC or will call as needed.

Jon Wehrenberg
03-26-2009, 06:58 AM
I'll take two. I still have a spare, but if I don't order 2 I will end up with both my windshields needing replacement. Think of the 2 additional ones as an insurance policy.

JIM CHALOUPKA
03-26-2009, 10:02 AM
I'll take two front windshields, for spares on hand. No rush.
Thanks

JIM

gmcbuffalo
03-26-2009, 11:41 AM
I called them yesterday about shocks and asked them about the windshields and Charlie quoted $179 for orders up to 4. Are you sure the $79 is correct?
Greg

Joe Cannarozzi
03-26-2009, 01:31 PM
Yes Greg I am sure. I still have not heard back about splitting up the order and what the freight would be.

Looks like their is definitely enough interest for the first 10 we just need to work out and settle the logistics.

We have till the end of May.

I spoke with Bill Miller and he kept the crate they shipped his in and confirms Peters observation. If someone decides to bring them to OK it will have to probably have to be someone with a p-u or a trailer as a toad. The crate will be large and heavy.

Peter could leave his smart-car at home and put a couple of crates on his lift:rolleyes:

Jeff Bayley
04-05-2009, 01:34 PM
Any further developments on the windshields. I thought the sale ended in March but Joe says end of May is the dead line I guess. Missed the sale on the wiper's which I guess ended end of March for $13 each. Was that for the entire assembly or just the refills and I wonder how much they are regularly.

JIM CHALOUPKA
04-05-2009, 03:25 PM
Jeff, they were $23.59 ea plus tax 11/13/08.

Pt No 800284 for my bus.

JIM

Petervs
04-05-2009, 04:41 PM
I have been collecting names of people who want a windshield or two, and am up to 16 now.

The box holds 10, and will fit in one of my bays for transport to OKC in October. I am only willing to carry one box. If we get to 20 then someone over on the right coast should also order a box.

The freight is free as long as they all go to the same place. $79 each for the XL series bus.

Anyone else ready to commit? Just realize if you are planning to keep your bus a few more years , it is only a matter of time before you crack one.

And I do not mean Jdub after burritos with beans.

dale farley
04-05-2009, 05:24 PM
Jeff, The $13 price is for the XLII. The XL and H3 blade assemblies are $19 each. I just ordered two, and the total delivered price was $42.46. Like Jim said, the regular price is $23 plus. My old ones were fine, but I didn't know for sure when they were changed, so I jumped on that "cheap" price.