PDA

View Full Version : Alarm going off after pressure cleaning engnie

Jeff Bayley
03-17-2009, 01:17 PM
I'm ready to leave right now for a 200 mile trip and I've just preasure cleaned the oil preasure sending unit and guage in the engine bay which had an oil leak so that I could see exactley where the leak was coming from later. Just after doing so, it caused a "high-low" alarm to go off. Like a french police car high low (tone change). I had this happen once before but can't recall if it was after cleaning the engine. Even if it can be ignored, it's going to be annoying to drive with.

I've got the engine on high idle now thinking it might help warm up and dry it off. I need to go though.

Any suggestions on how to turn it off ? I'm in a 98 Royal.

JIM KELLER
03-17-2009, 01:36 PM
Jeff, I think Roger Foster had this happen to him. See if you can find his post.

Kenneth Brewer
03-17-2009, 02:03 PM
Jeff,

If you find it, let me/us know please. I would like to take a look at it as well. Thanks.

Jeff Bayley
03-17-2009, 02:24 PM
........thanks to POG. Thank Jim. I found Rodgers thread lickity spilit, read through it and found I should check the fire alarm. Tracked it down in the bay and disabled it. Couldn't find the 5amp in line fused referenced. Had to unscrew it from it's base and take a terminal off. It was half way hanging and got water in it that much easier despite my efforts to isolate my washing to one area. I was on hold with Prevost service hot line and they were all in training. If not for this forum. I'd be stuck.

I'm going over to Stuart and Fort Lauderdale. If there's anyone along the way that can offer to help me look at my Aqua Hot, let me know. I'm leaving from Sarasota. I changed out some parts not so long ago and now it's blowing black smoke like it's too rich. Mango Mike had offered to have me call him but I just haven't made time for it. Especially since I'm not in cold weather. But I'd like to "get er done" if anyone wants to help me take a look at er.

BrianE
03-17-2009, 03:42 PM
Hey Jeff, Sent you a PM re LCD TV installation. Have you installed one in the front of your Royale??

Jeff Bayley
03-19-2009, 12:22 AM
Brian-

No I haven't put a large LCD in the front nor do I plan to. We hardly use the front TV and like to watch from bed. If I were to do it though, I'd configure on a hinge so I could get a two more cubic feet of storage or so that would open up from disposing of the deep TV.

My Motosat is out and I'm about to spend around $2,500 on a new one. I forget the model number but I think it's a bit bigger than the one I have now which is a non in motion 18" Executive. I'm going to stick with the non in motion. Larger dish and better reception plus I think you can't get HD on in motion if I recall correct. Any advise on this from anyone before I plunk down the dough ? Wonder if I should spend the extra $2,500 additional and get the broadband internet one. I get good acceptable speed with the Verizon card but in remote areas, could use the dish for voice over IP. Then again, the $2,500 would buy me a satellite phone and enough air time for the few times that might even be needed. On the Motosat forum for those broadband dishes, people seem to have enough issues with them that they almost all say that have to use a Verizon card or equivalent to fall back on when it's not working right. Anybody have the broadband dish and would you suggest getting it or not wasting the dough ? Probably a thread on it here somewhere already if I search I guess.