PDA

View Full Version : April Prevost Rally in North Carolina

Jim Skiff
03-16-2009, 05:03 PM
Tom Johnson Camping Center is putting on a complimentary rally at their RV Park in Marion, N.C. As a POG Sponsor they are extending an invitation to members.

http://www.tomjohnsoncamping.com/luxury/rsvp/

You’re invited to attend the Tom Johnson

Second Annual Prevost Extravaganza in

Marion, North Carolina. Enjoy a complimentary,

exclusive VIP treatment weekend courtesy of

Tom Johnson Camping Center.

Events will be held Tuesday, April 14th

through Saturday April 18th at our Marion,

North Carolina facilities.

This fun-filled weekend includes catered gourmet

meals, first-class camping, local tours, motorcycle

rides, golfing, entertainment, cocktails and

much more...

Gary & Peggy Stevens
03-16-2009, 05:26 PM
That's very thoughtful of them, and I wish Peg and I could attend, but that is the last day we will have any money ! :eek: :D

Wednesday April 15

Gary S.

bonhall41
03-16-2009, 11:55 PM
We are planning to go since it's really close to our son and daughter-in-law. Hope to see some of the rest of you there also.
Sorry we're missing Oysterfest this time but we're doing a road trip to the Keys with son, daughter-in-law and granddaughter. Please eat a couple dozen for me.

Bonnie

rfoster
03-17-2009, 09:26 AM
Bonnie & Don:

Sorry to hear your missing Oysterfest, there will be more. We will miss seeing yall and of course the great shrimp boil you prepared for everyone last time. It was great.

Hope to see yall again soon.

Jamie Bradford
03-17-2009, 10:33 AM
Debbie & I may attend this. We were planning a trip to the Biltmore in April anyway?????

Jamie Bradford
03-24-2009, 10:51 AM
Is there something about this I need to know?? No one has responded to this ??:confused:

I have not been to an event sponsored by a dealer yet--- Is it a "pressure sell" enviroment?

I just figured we were going that way anyway why not join the party?

Jim Skiff
03-24-2009, 11:13 AM
Jamie,

I just contacted Roger Hunkler at Tom Johnson, he will be contacting you via email.

I am also going to have him respond to your post regarding your "pressure sell" concerns.

Jim

R Hunkler
03-24-2009, 12:02 PM
Hi Jamie,

This event is to introduce Prevost owners to our beautiful facility in Marion and Tom Johnson Camping Centers. Most Prevost owners have never been here before, so it's going to be a real treat for all who attend. We will obviously have Prevosts on display for sale, both new and used, however there are no pressure gimmicks here. We are getting a great response from all over, and sites are going quickly, so anyone interested in joining us for a great time can use this link to RSVP:
http://www.tomjohnsoncamping.com/luxury/rsvp
or e-mail me at rhunckler@tomjohnsoncamping.com

Tom Johnson, Tommy Jr. and Gary Stroud are really excited about this event, and are making every effort to make this event one you will talk about all year long. So, come join us for food, drink, laughter, and make some new friends. Roger

R Hunkler
03-24-2009, 09:37 PM
Thank you so much for posting our invitation, we are receiving a great response from Prevost owners of all makes, from all over the country! Our facility in Marion N.C. is 40 miles east of Asheville, right at the base of the Blue Ridge mountains, the Cawtawba river skirts our 2 campgrounds. We have a state of the art service center, a lodge with our own restaurant, white picket fences, a pavillion, and even a little amphitheater. Mt. Mitchell, the highest peak east of the Rockies is just up the road (one of our planned events for motorcyclists and bus tour).

Cocktails provided every evening compliments of Amadas coach, Jimmy & Shannon Adams attending (the new owners of Vantare'). Breakfast and dinners provided by Tom Johnson. Prevost is providing bus transportation to the Biltmore house, We have a comedian that everyone will enjoy and on Friday the 18th, the Finale' with Jim Quick and the Coastline band!! This band is awesome and well known in the Carolinas, Beach music and more! It's going to be a great event, and we are very excited to make some new friends! Robert Jones will be there representing Prevost and of course the Johnson family and Gary Stroud, the best folks you'll ever have the pleasure to meet in this great industry.

Thanks again for promoting this, everyone is going to have a fantastic time! We are excited, and looking forward to this fantastic annual event!

Roger Hunckler
Tom Johnson Camping Center
1885 U.S. 70 West
Marion, N.C.
Luxury Coach Division
Amadas and Vantare' Luxury Coaches

truk4u
03-24-2009, 09:37 PM
Jamie,

I think this would be great to attend, but some of us are already committed to help with Pilots & Paws in Lakeland, FL for the annual Sun-N-Fun aviation event in April.

I sure hope POG can be represented and let us know how it goes...

R Hunkler
03-24-2009, 09:51 PM
Hey Donald & Bonnie,

I hope you are joining us, let me know asap, if you are coming go to this link and sign up, the agenda and the online rsvp is here.

http://www.tomjohnsoncamping.com/luxury/rsvp

Hope to see you there, you're gonna love it!!

Roger

R Hunkler
03-24-2009, 09:52 PM
Hi Jamie,

I reserved a nice site for you, glad you are joining us!

Roger Hunckler

billbunch47
03-24-2009, 11:43 PM
Roger, sorry I didn't get a chance to talk to ya at Perry anymore, you were tied up and I missed you next lap around. Rita and I are planing to come up and join the party, sent my RSVP in from Perry really looking foward to a great event. We will continue to spread the word. See you soon, Bill

bonhall41
03-25-2009, 12:20 AM
Roger,
I thought I had already signed up. I got a confirmation e-mail. I think I just signed up again so let me know if you need additional information. Looking forward to meeting you since we met your brother in Sanford.

Bonnie

R Hunkler
03-25-2009, 11:28 AM
I checked, you are confirmed and have a nice site reserved, good to go and we will see you in April!!

Roger

dale farley
03-25-2009, 12:24 PM
I completed the RSVP. Is there anythng else I need to do? Do I need to contact Roger Hunckler also?

R Hunkler
03-25-2009, 01:17 PM
Hi Dale & Paulette,

Your RSVP just came in, you are all set, have a nice site reserved for you, see you in April!!!

Roger Hunckler

dale farley
03-25-2009, 01:52 PM
Thanks Roger. Looking forward to it.

michaeldterry
03-25-2009, 03:08 PM
Hi Dale & Paulette,

Your RSVP just came in, you are all set, have a nice site reserved for you, see you in April!!!

Roger Hunckler

Roger,

I RSVP'd for Vita and I to arrive Wednesday, 4/15. Will there be any problem to change our arrival date to Tuesday, 4/14 if I can get Vita to take an extra day off work?

We're excited - this will be our first Prevost event!

Best Regards,
Michael

Jamie Bradford
03-25-2009, 03:50 PM
Thank You Roger.....

We are looking forward to it!!!!!:D

Jamie:cool:

R Hunkler
03-25-2009, 03:50 PM
No Problem, if you are arriving on the 15th just confirm with me and we will place a cone on your site. Bring your motorcycle, you won't want to miss the Mount Mitchell motorcycle ride!

Roger

michaeldterry
03-25-2009, 06:27 PM
No Problem, if you are arriving on the 15th just confirm with me and we will place a cone on your site. Bring your motorcycle, you won't want to miss the Mount Mitchell motorcycle ride!

Roger

Roger,

After talking with Vita - we will be arriving late on 4/14 (Tuesday evening). Vita can't take the additional day from the office, but does want to be there for the Biltmore excursion! Put us down for a late evening arrival on Tuesday, 4/14, please!

Thanks!

R Hunkler
03-25-2009, 07:45 PM
Just in time for cocktails!

Roger

rmboies
03-25-2009, 09:51 PM
Jamie,

I think this would be great to attend, but some of us are already committed to help with Pilots & Paws in Lakeland, FL for the annual Sun-N-Fun aviation event in April.

I sure hope POG can be represented and let us know how it goes...

Truk,
I am so happy to hear that you and Nancy will be there with us--woohoo! Bob read this tonight about Tom Johnson's and said he would like to go but then I reminded him about Florida.......ah well, have to help the pups so Lakeland wins! Do you have reservations at Sanlan RV park?

Debi

R Hunkler
03-26-2009, 07:46 PM
Hi all,

We are getting a great response to our rally, just to let anyone know who is interested but hasn't RSVP's yet, we have only 3 50amp sites left on concrete pads, after these are gone, (the next 3 rsvp's that come in) then the rest of the sites will be across from our pavillion on 30Amp sites on grass. This isn't bad though! These sites are where alot of the activity including the coastline band will be performing on Friday night! I, along with Jimmy & Shannon Adams, and Pierre Legare will be parked there as well. Attendance is better than we expected so the more the merrier! It's going to be a ton of fun!

Roger rsvp here: http://www.tomjohnsoncamping.com/luxury/rsvp

Denny
03-26-2009, 09:38 PM
Roger,

Made reservation on the website and sent you a PM. Looking forward to it and thanks for inviting POG.

R Hunkler
03-26-2009, 09:43 PM
If you are interested in the band for our finale' on Friday night (beach night), this is the link to Jim Quick and the Coastline Band, they are absolutely the best! Check out their site: http://www.coastlineband.com/

mcirco
03-27-2009, 12:20 AM
Laura and I are looking forward to attending. We will be arriving on Sunday. Should be a great opportunity to recruit some new POG members.

Miles & Laura Circo
2004 Country Coach XLII D/S

rfoster
03-27-2009, 09:39 AM
Micki and I signed up to attend and take part in the festive gathering. I wonder if there are any oysters. Never mind, I had enough at the Oysterfest.

Dale: Thanks for the prodding, we signed up that day.

I received the automated response. Is there more?

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Danss
03-27-2009, 01:51 PM
Dan & Jo will be there! Always 1st on the Bus and ready to roll!

CAPT MOGUL & Sandy
03-27-2009, 05:28 PM
Ed and I are packing again. Just got home to Key West yesterday! We should just become Full-timers. Talked with Roger Hunckler and got signed up. We will be on Site 63. Dan & Jo are on Site 62. Roger and Miki, look out!! You are close-Site 59. Here we go again. The rally is going to be in a beautiful setting, I think.
Sandy

rfoster
03-27-2009, 05:48 PM
Good Golly Molly, this event is going to have a lot of POG folks there.

I don't know how much more food I can eat!

CAPT MOGUL & Sandy
03-27-2009, 09:03 PM
What is food? I am going on a No Eat diet!!! By the way, found the Tabletop Heater/fireplace on sale at Sam's for $35 in Naples, FL. They had 2 left and we bought them.One for us and one for the brother-in-law. See you in NC
Sandy

sawdust_128
03-30-2009, 02:22 AM
Signed up Cindy and I to be there. We won't be in until 4/15.

Is this going to be another eatathon?

See y'all.

Joe Cannarozzi
03-30-2009, 07:59 AM
What is this tabletop heater/fireplace Sandy is talking about.

CAPT MOGUL & Sandy
03-30-2009, 10:55 AM
What is this tabletop heater/fireplace Sandy is talking about.

Joe, I think that someone who was in Mobile took pics and they might could post them to show you. It is a small pedastal, shaped like the Roman columns, with a top that looks like a wok with lava rocks. It uses a small little propane tank which you screw in from the bottom and then there is a knob inwhich you can adjust the flame. We all enjoyed the ambiance and the heat. Sandy

sawdust_128
03-30-2009, 11:54 AM
We'll be in site #64. See you there.

dale farley
04-02-2009, 03:57 PM
I just got an email that says they have about 70 buses signed up for the event a few days from now (14-18 April). They still have a few of the 50 amp spots with concrete pads.

R Hunkler
04-02-2009, 09:26 PM
Hello all, or "yall"

still room available so if you are thinking about joining us, come on! Don't miss this event! The more the merrier! Bring your bikes, motorcycles and fishing poles! Maybe I can talk Tommy Jr. into taking a few lucky people up the mountain to Tom's private hunting cabin (you have to have an atv to get there), who knows what else we'll come up with!?

michaeldterry
04-03-2009, 12:20 PM
Hello all, or "yall"

still room available so if you are thinking about joining us, come on! Don't miss this event! The more the merrier!

Vita and I are getting excited about this event, which will be our first Prevost gathering. We are looking forward to meeting other Prevost owners - especially POGgers! I'm beginning to realize just how much I don't know and need to learn about my bus and its systems!

Roger has us assigned to space #51 and we'll be arriving late Tuesday night. Vita wants to go on the Biltmore excursion, so we'll do whatever it takes to arrive in time for that! (Gotta keep the "boss" happy, right?)

It's going to be a fun time! Can't wait!

bonhall41
04-03-2009, 12:41 PM
We're also looking forward to meeting new people and visiting with POGers we've already met. We'll be in space #30, arriving Tuesday afternoon. See you there.

Bonnie

R Hunkler
04-03-2009, 01:40 PM
Directions for those of you who I couldn't reach by e-mail.

Hello!

Just an update for you on our April Extravaganza! We are happy to let you know that we have close to 70 bus owners registered for this event! There are still a few 50amp concrete sites available. We are looking forward to seeing everyone and making some new friends in the process. We will have new and pre-owned Prevost’s displayed for sale with aggressive pricing for anyone who is interested in trading up! The trees are in bloom, and we have placed an order for beautiful weather! We will see you in 12 days! If you need anything at all please call or e-mail me, we’re going to have a great time!!

Directions to our facility:

COMING FROM THE EAST ON I-40

We are located at 1885 Hwy 70 west, in Marion, N.C. coming from the east on I-40 take exit 86 go right onto SR221 6.2 miles to Hwy. 70, at the stoplight at hwy 70 (wall mart is across the street) turn left and go 1.6 miles, TJCC is on the left, go past the two main entrances and take the first left onto Resistoflex road (just before the stop light) as you come around the corner you will see the campground where you are staying on the right- go to the service portico and register there for your site and welcome kit.

COMING FROM THE WEST ON I-40

Coming from the west on I-40, take the Old Fort exit at the bottom of the Black Mountain grade, it will be the first exit at the bottom of the mountain, be careful after exiting, speed traps in Old Fort! You’ll go about 9 miles, when you come to a stop light where the Little Siena Italian restaurant is on your left then go through the light and immediately turn right onto Resistoflex road, you will see the campground on the right when you come around the corner, pull under the service portico and register there for your site and welcome kit.

Happy Easter!

Roger

R Hunkler
04-03-2009, 01:42 PM
Hey Michael & Vita,

I recognize your Vantare', I have sold it before, it's a beautiful coach, I'll be glad to help you with any questions about it.

Roger

michaeldterry
04-03-2009, 01:57 PM
Hey Michael & Vita,

I recognize your Vantare', I have sold it before, it's a beautiful coach, I'll be glad to help you with any questions about it.

Roger

Roger,

That's exciting news! We look forward to "picking your brain" to help us get up to speed on the idiosyncracies and unique characteristics of our new baby!

Thanks for the "heads up!" :D

R Hunkler
04-03-2009, 02:07 PM
Vin 1633 Right?

michaeldterry
04-04-2009, 06:17 AM
Vin 1633 Right?

That's her! :)

R Hunkler
04-08-2009, 08:20 PM
Hello to all attending our Extravaganza! We just checked the weather and it looks like it's going to be perfect! We are planning a few extra's for you too! We're finalizing all of the little details this week and we are looking forward to seeing everyone in just a few days! We have just a couple of pads left for latecomers, so if you are still undecided, RSVP today! We'll see on Tuesday!

Roger

R Hunkler
04-20-2009, 05:01 PM
Hi Jim,

Roger here! Just wanted to thank you for posting our Extravaganza on your site, we had a great response and I believe everyone had a fantastic time! The weather was absolutely beautiful! We met some great folks from all over the country and we were thrilled to have such a great turnout. We certainly hope that all of our new friends will visit us again and tell all of their friends about our facility here in Marion. Please come visit us, and we would certainly appreciate any referrals or consideration for future business from your group. I will put together some photos and post them, and if any of those attending would send me theirs I would appreciate it greatly. My e-mail address is rhunckler@tomjohnsoncamping.com.

Best Regards from all of us at Tom Johnson's!!

Roger

michaeldterry
04-20-2009, 06:35 PM
Roger - the TJCC Prevost Extravaganza was incredible! We had a wonderful time and were truly impressed by the entire Tom Johnson operation - from the facilities; to the staff, to the activities and the food provided - it was top shelf in every aspect!

I've just sent you three e-mails with over 100 snapshots that we took over the course of our stay. Feel free to use or not use any of the pictures in any way you see fit.

Thanks to you and the entire Tom Johnson team for an unforgettable event!

sawdust_128
04-23-2009, 12:46 PM
Thank you and all the staff at Tom Johnson's. What a great facility and I am still thinking about that shop and how clean and organized it is. See you again sometime in the future.