PDA

View Full Version : Dash AC on 03 Royale

Bill1170
03-13-2009, 06:57 PM
We have owned this coach since May. Most of the air seems to blow out of the defroster vents---- most of it on passenger side. Very little
comes from the dash vents no matter the setting. Any suggestions? Bill

dreamchasers
03-13-2009, 08:10 PM
Great question! I have sort of the same deal.

Hector

Joe Cannarozzi
03-13-2009, 08:38 PM
The plumbing for that stuff is pretty rudimentary. Open up your dash and see how the tubing is routed, if it is squished or has any hard bends. If need be switch a couple from one side of the box to the other and see if you can balance it out. It may require an additional length or so. See if the baffle for recirculation is in fact opening all the way and not blocking a hose opening.

Bill1170
03-22-2009, 07:28 PM
I finally solved my ac problem after help from Bryan with Prevost and Dan with Royal Phenix. It seems the dash air design on the 03 Prevost was not very good. The passenger side put most of the air into the defrost no matter the setting. The damper that sent air to the dash was only on the driver side and most of that air flow still went to the defrost vent. I had to connect the passenger side floor hose to the driver side manifold and then put a restrictor plate in the passenger manifold so to split the air evenly. It was pretty easy to do once I got the passenger side dash apart. Bill Cleverdon

truk4u
03-22-2009, 09:14 PM
Bill,

We had to work on the King's dash back in Feb while at Jim Kellers and one of the ducts in his CC was also blocked off with a round piece of wood wire tied in place for probably the same reason.:rolleyes:

Ray Davis
03-23-2009, 11:34 AM
I have noticed similar pattern with both of my XL2 coaches, that most of the air goes out the defrosters. I believe Kevin Erion indicated the same to me one time too.

Seems like it was either "by design" or "poor design"? But, it sounds like it's easily fixable.

Ray