PDA

View Full Version : Tire Shop in Phoenix, AZ. area

LarryB
03-09-2009, 10:50 AM
I think I have an out of balance or out of round tire. Looking for a good tire shop in the Phoenix area that can handle a bus. any recommendations?

Thanks for the help.

ajhaig
03-09-2009, 11:08 AM
Call Desert West Coach, they are a POG sponsor. If they can't help they will point you in the right direction.

Mark Gill is the guy we dealt with - good guy.

BrianE
03-09-2009, 12:00 PM
Larry, We're up in Surprise where we'll be for the rest of the month. Would enjoy hooking up if you have time. Contact info on Dale's list. Have trucker friends who say there are a number of good truck tire companies near exit 137 and up Grand Ave (Hwy60). Here is a truckdown link: http://www.truckdown.com/momex/NavCode/adsearch.results. Would always prefer an experienced truck tire dealer with a friendly RV attitude over an RV repair facility. (IMHO). Good luck.

BrianE
03-09-2009, 12:53 PM
Larry, Call Redburn Tire in Mesa. They have 315's in stock and are very RV friendly:
REDBURN TIRE COMPANY
2339 N.Country Club Dr.
Mesa, AZ 85201
Business Phone: 480-962-0435

flyu2there
03-09-2009, 01:02 PM
Larry,

I used the Desert West tire provider and, as mentioned by Brian, it was somewhere off of 60 in the "truck area"........busy but fair. I have a good friend here in Yuma that owns a chain of tire stores in Arizona and his closest branded store is in Casa Grande, they specialize in heavy vehicles, trucks, busses, etc. That would be Ed Whiteheads Tire Country, 520 836 3135. He also owns Community tire with a bunch of locations in PHX but my gut tells me they are car tire stores. Ed is a Michelin dealer as well as Double Coin (:D).

John

flyu2there
03-09-2009, 01:25 PM
And one more thing...While you guys are in Arizona and recalling that you both occasionally need the services of spectacles (don't we all) you may consider a brief side trip thru Yuma and into california about 3 miles to the border and Los Algodenes.

http://www.losalgodones.com/algodones_optical.htm

This town is a giant pharmacy, optical place, not to mention the dentists and doctors, although that may be a leap of faith.

LarryB
03-09-2009, 01:47 PM
Brian, Thanks for the name and address. Got an appointment in the AM.
John, thanks for the help about tires and specs.
Mark, thanks for the info on Desert West. I wasn't sure they did tire balancing.

Hope to stop hopping down the road soon.

LarryB
03-10-2009, 06:54 PM
The tire shop, Redburn Tire Co. is very good. All worked hard to find my problem and had a great attitude.

They re-balanced the fronts and tag tires. Found left tag tire out of round beyond limits and relaced it.

The problem is still with me! At 58-62mph. the coach acts as if it has an out of balance tire, I feel it in my butt. I have heard that some year shells had this sort of problem and don't know the fix. Does this ring a bell? Any other thoughts? I'm headed North and would like to resolve the problem while I am in an area with resources.

I just scheduled an appointment to have the drives checked and balanced in th AM.

Thanks

jelmore
03-10-2009, 07:19 PM
We haven't had any balance problems, but a laser 3-axle alignment did wonders for the ride and handling. Seems I've been told with cars that alignment can cause a vibration.

LarryB
03-10-2009, 07:48 PM
Thanks Jim & Linda. That was done to our bus about 2 months ago.

I had a slight 'bobble' on the way down to AZ. and it never seemed to get any worse. After being parked for 3 weeks we noticed the increased intensity of the 'bobble'

Thanks.