PDA

View Full Version : Monaco Coach

phorner
03-04-2009, 11:28 AM
"Monaco Coach Corporation (NYSE: MNC) announced that today it has provided termination notices to the majority of its remaining workforce while it continues to seek additional financing or capital or a corporate transaction. Most of the separated employees had already been on furlough since mid-December 2008. In its notice to employees, the Company noted that absent consummation of a sale or obtaining additional financing or capital, it may ultimately be forced to shut down operations. "

Looks like Monaco Coach may be the next to crumble under these tough economic conditions.

http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/articles/marketwire/0478661.htm

Joe Cannarozzi
03-04-2009, 04:20 PM
That will orphan a great many motorhomes.

03-04-2009, 05:55 PM
Don't like to speak Ill of Monaco, but the one I had was nothing but trouble, the only thing that worked well was the Cummins and the brakes.

I have to say that Monaco was very good about trying to make it all right, they never gave up trying to repair their construction failures.

Monaco is the company that actually confirmed my desire to own a Prevost. I have to thank them for pushing me over to the stainless side of Rving.

phorner
03-04-2009, 09:46 PM
Bruce, I completely agree.

They tried over and over and over again to repair their product for us.... sometimes having it for a month at a time :eek:

It was that experience that also led me to believe that only a Prevost bus would be in our future if we wanted to continue the RV lifestyle.

garyde
03-04-2009, 10:30 PM
Well, I thought for sure the Stimulus package would have worked by now. didn"t Obama show up there last month to prove to everyone he had his hand on the pulse of America.

phorner
03-05-2009, 07:38 AM
I'll bet the problem is that Obama went to Elkhart to make his speech when, in fact, Monaco Coach is headquartered in Coburg.

Ya see, the unemployment figures in Elkhart better fit the speech...

03-05-2009, 08:26 AM
The Elkhart is the home of the FEMA trailer business. Monaco Coburg is actually across the street from Marathon's headquarters.

I am sure that both Elkhart and Coburg are in a world of hurt with all these plant closings.

Do not know much about Elkhart but Coburg is a neat little town with lots going on. Nice community.

hhoppe
03-05-2009, 09:16 AM
The checks are in the mail. Unfortunately they all have Chicago Zip Codes on them.

flyu2there
03-05-2009, 06:43 PM
First Country Coach, now Monoco........the Winnebago may be next and I have been looking forward to the new Brave......:D

Get a glimpse of our futures.............

http://www.youtube.com:80/watch?v=rAqPMJFaEdY