PDA

View Full Version : Re: Campground directory

Alek&Lucia
03-01-2009, 03:53 PM
Hi,

Looking for any feedback about: "Big Rigs Best Bets" campground directory ?

www.big-rigs-rv.com

Alek

phorner
03-01-2009, 04:12 PM
We have used "Big Rigs Best Bets" over the past 5 years or so, at least 3 editions, and have found it to be very helpful.

Wouldn't travel without one.....:)

Jon Wehrenberg
03-01-2009, 04:55 PM
Ditto.

It is our book of choice. If we come up empty finding one in the Big Rigs book only then will we use our Woodall's.

Jamie Bradford
03-01-2009, 07:26 PM
Big Rigs is our first choice also.

Like Jon, we look at Woodall's if we cannot find something in Big Rigs.

I am trying to get them to send me a data file that I can load into Microsoft Streets & Trips so that all of their suggestions will be in the GPS Nav system also.

Jamie

phorner
03-01-2009, 08:06 PM
As an aside to this topic, we've just about given up on campgrounds for any one-night stays. It's usually just too much hassle. If there is one that's real convenient to our travel route and can ABSOLUTELY accommodate a 45' bus w/toad we will consider it.

Otherwise, for just an overnight stop, any parking lot will do....

This past summer, there were plenty of empty parking lots belonging to empty strip malls to choose from.... sad sign of the times. Some where brand new without a single new occupant.

Joe Cannarozzi
03-01-2009, 08:29 PM
Dittos Paul that is exactly the way we do it.

JIM CHALOUPKA
03-01-2009, 08:42 PM
Do you guys pull in after dark, or late afternoon?

JIM

BrianE
03-01-2009, 09:08 PM
Jim, I think you may be losing the spirit of the thing. When you're traveling in your house, Who Cares? Drive 'til it's time to stop, then stop. Get up when you feel like it and smell the roses. Life is good on the road because there are no rules. :):):)

Toy Box
03-01-2009, 09:13 PM
We also gave up on staying in campgrounds for overnight when enroute. We stop when we feel the time is right, usually late night, and stay in rest areas, strip malls or other large parking lots...sometimes in a Flying J.

Joe Cannarozzi
03-01-2009, 11:28 PM
Taking this another step we really enjoy the 2 night stays. There are many great 1 day destinations. That 2nd night gives us a full day to enjoy without having to unhook and move. We are also frequently on the move and we often get to keep miles between the moves minimal.