PDA

View Full Version : 3 Side Windows vs. 5

GDeen
02-25-2009, 03:47 PM
Have noticed some of the XL's have 3 windows (Liberty) and some others have 5 (Marathon).

Is there this much difference in interior window availability or is some of the window covered by cabinetry etc? Would seem to be a huge difference on the surface of it unless it is not as it seems (if that makes sense).

phorner
02-25-2009, 04:22 PM
Here is where you are going to have to try them on for size....

Janice likes some of the Marathon floor plans that have a window over the counter area above the sink. Other floor plans have cabinets which partially cover the window opening.

The window area is also an area where you will have heat gain/loss so, your use of the bus may make one configuration better for you than another.

However, when we were looking at both, the overall floor plan, layout and features of the Liberty were best for us.

When you find the right one, you'll know it :D

Petervs
02-25-2009, 07:15 PM
My Marathon has 5 windows on each side. From the inside, you can see through 5 on the curb side and 3 on the street side. The other two are blocked by the kitchen cabinets. I think it looks better from the outside to have 5, makes the bus look sleeker.

Our inside is just fine from a livability standpoint.

Coloradobus
02-25-2009, 08:07 PM
Given a choice, we prefer all 5 windows open for the additional light, and a more open and larger than life feeling inside the coach.
thanks for all the good fun, and a special thanks to Andre and Ann.
We have been on the road since since TGO. From Disney to La Belle, to Marathon Fla, for a free stay.
then onto Atlanta, to Paducah(family), and now at Bill Thomas Camper in Wentzville, Mo.( another secure free stay) next stop Wah keeney Ks KOA, then home.
So far we are averaging 7.8 mpg for 3400+ miles:D

GDeen
02-25-2009, 08:20 PM
Given a choice, we prefer all 5 windows open for the additional light, and a more open and larger than life feeling inside the coach.
thanks for all the good fun, and a special thanks to Andre and Ann.
We have been on the road since since TGO. From Disney to La Belle, to Marathon Fla, for a free stay.
then onto Atlanta, to Paducah(family), and now at Bill Thomas Camper in Wentzville, Mo.( another secure free stay) next stop Wah keeney Ks KOA, then home.
So far we are averaging 7.8 mpg for 3400+ miles:D

JIm - I read on another thread where you like your H3 the best of the other coaches you have owned (XL and XLII). My biggest concern about the H3 is the passenger seat. My wife likes to visit while driving and it seems like that seat may not be convenient for visiting with the driver. Is that an accurate concern or do you guys not have a problem with it?

Coloradobus
02-28-2009, 04:51 PM
Gordon,

The passenger seat is not removed from the driving area. When I am driving, I am not far away to escape a swat with the flyswatter when I'm a smart-alec driver.:D:rolleyes: All passenger seats, whether the XL, XLII, or H3, are slightly pushed back from being parrellel with the driver's seat because of the stairwell.
Only drawback for the passenger seat in the H3 we see is, when partially turned, its not part of the salon area for seating and visiting others in the livingroom.

Jon Wehrenberg
02-28-2009, 05:25 PM
The only seating drawback in the H3 is that the two front seats are below the living area level.

If you often travel with family you are not really involved, whereas in the XL the driver and front passenger seats are more open to the living area.

I could never get Di to consider an H3 because she has a hard time loading heavy baskets of food and clothing up our steps now, and she says she will not want the 90 degree turn and the extra steps of the H3 to get the clothes and baskets of food up and into the coach.

Alek&Lucia
02-28-2009, 07:15 PM
Jon,

After switching from XL to H3 we noticed that the steps a lot more comfortable in H3. Perhaps we can compare them during Oysterfest in Mobile.

Alek