PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for the friendly welcome!!!!!

parksincpp
02-22-2009, 12:12 PM
Just wanted to say thanks for welcoming my family and I to the mini POG rally in Lake Havasu City, AZ. I really enjoyed sitting in on the round table discussion. All the conversations and questions about coaches were interesting.My wife and I have purchased a 1996 Vouge XL45. I work at Prevost-Mira Loma, CA and owning a coach has really opened my eyes to the conversion side and the issues regarding everyday use. We are not quite ready for our maiden voyage as we still have alot to do (paint, interior etc.). But needless to say we are excited to be a Prevost owner and are very excited to find a group of people that are as enthusiastic as we are. Can't wait to travel in style (previous unit was a Lance truck camper). JJ won't know what to think.

Scott Parks

garyde
02-22-2009, 12:19 PM
Welcome Scott and Cyndie. It is great to have you. You have a wealth of knowledge which will make for interesting posts I'm sure.

Jon Wehrenberg
02-22-2009, 12:53 PM
Welcome aboard. I hope you realize that you were sheltered from the real POG because the folks you hung around with were for the most part semi-normal.

I don't think more than a few of them are required to wear the ankle GPS tracking devices.

You certainly dodged a bullet by avoiding the sheep ranchers.

Now that you have outed yourself as being a Prevost man, we expect you will chime in and respond when our discussions turn technical. Like the rest of us you will not be expected to give honest answers, and if you do not know the answer we will accept any answer you make up.

Apart from a lot of clowning around, apart from this group never being able to stay on a single topic beyind maybe three posts, and apart from this group not taking anything seriously except the price of diesel fuel there are among this group folks that actually offer great information and advice on many subjects, including the bus. The problem is you have to guess who they are.

Darl-Wilson
02-22-2009, 02:45 PM
Bienvenidos Scott and Cyndie.

It is alway nice to get new members out here in the West. We are a little outnumbered by folks from the East and the South. Not a bad thing, just an animal fact.

It would be nice to know a little more about you and your bus. Is your coach being renovated? What is your position at Prevost? You might not want to answer the last one if you don't want to get inundated with questions. Many (including myself) came here because we needed help with our equipment and then found a great bunch of unselfish folks that are willing to share their knowledge on just about any subject. Just watch out for the 'Animal (sheep) lovers' and a few others that creep around in the night.:confused:

Are you wondering if you mis-spent your hundred bucks yet? Don't worry, as one guy that is missing an "H" from his name might say"Enjoy the ride".:)

Darl

dale farley
02-22-2009, 02:52 PM
Welcome Scott & Cyndie. It's always nice to have new blood with fresh ideas and knowledge.

dale farley
02-22-2009, 02:53 PM
Welcome Scott & Cyndie. It's always nice to have new blood with fresh ideas and knowledge. Enjoy the ride!

jello_jeep
02-22-2009, 03:13 PM
Nice to see you guys at LHC.. Too bad you couldn't make the bbq/acution, we had a great time.

Look forward to seeing ya'll more in the future.

parksincpp
02-22-2009, 06:39 PM
We are renovating the coach ourselves after a small fire. I am a service technician at Prevost and would be happy to answer any question you might have if I can. I will admit right up front I don't know everything about everything, but will do the best I can. Were looking foward to meeting all who we have not meet in person yet.

Scott

Joe Cannarozzi
02-22-2009, 07:09 PM
Did that fire happen before or after you bought it?

Will Garner
02-22-2009, 07:16 PM
Welcome aboard Scott & Cyndie.

Look forward to meeting you in OKC come October. Hope you get those things that won't let you start traveling taken care of by then.

To me a small fire is almost an oxymoron. Hope you didn't get burned or start one of those California style wildfires!

parksincpp
02-22-2009, 08:08 PM
No we didn't start the fire. We bought the coach as is after the fire. And your right there is really no such thing as a small fire. The smoke damage was thru out. We call her "Smokey". We used to call her "Smokey and Tippy" until we fixed the air bags. The smell is gone but we will still probably rent a ozone machine as a finishing touch just in case. Once in a while we get a whiff.

Talking about wild fires we live in the San Bernardino mountains in CA and have unfortunately lived thru two wild fires. One of which the fireman trenched and foamed our small cabin saving it. Our neighbors were not so lucky. Every night after work for three nights I went up the side of the mountain on my dirt bike to check on it and the neighbors and the last night all the trees surrounding the house were on fire and we thought the house would be gone. Only to see the next day the fireman had trenched and foamed. Our neighbors 4 story mansion with a Lake Silverwood view was burned to the ground along with a brand new Chapparel boat and a brand new 5th wheel. It was a very difficult phone to make having to tell them. The other wild fire stayed two miles away. We were evacuated for both. And on the 2nd one we were able to stay in the coach until they opened up the mountain again.

Anyway, can't wait to get Smokey out on the road for some fresh air!!!!

lewpopp
02-22-2009, 08:50 PM
Scott,

While rehabilitating "Smokey", you may find that your coach which you call the Vouge was no longer considered a bus since the French Revolution. Not too many years ago a company by the name of "Vogue" introduced a beautiful bus. See, if you can find, the correct spelling of the bus so Jon can refer to it as a Non-Liberty. All that and all I saw was the Vouge being misspelled. Oh well.

parksincpp
02-22-2009, 10:31 PM
I'm so embarrassed. It was me not Scott who can not spell. Thanks for pointing that out.

Cyndie

garyde
02-22-2009, 10:34 PM
That's OK Cyndie. Lew is watching all of us.

Jon Wehrenberg
02-23-2009, 07:29 AM
Cyndie,

Don't worry. You are not the first person to be spanked by Lew. How about posting pictures of your bus?

JIM CHALOUPKA
02-23-2009, 08:35 AM
Welcome to the group, Scott and Cyndie.
We need your young blood, so don't go into hiding over that;)

:)JIM:D

Steve Bennett
02-23-2009, 10:29 AM
It was great to see you at Havasu. Thanks again for coming out, and we hope to see you out in your bus before to long. What happened with surfer Donavan?

parksincpp
02-25-2009, 12:03 AM
No pictures yet, I'm not really sure as to how to put them on here.

Jon Wehrenberg
02-25-2009, 07:53 AM
When you have pictures if you cannot post them ask for help. The computer savvy folks here will walk you through the process or post them for you.

I am not one of the computer savvy, but I can polish slack adjusters.

Joe Cannarozzi
02-25-2009, 10:27 AM
Scott call me when you are in front of your computer and I will talk you through it. 708 372 7962

parksincpp
02-25-2009, 11:51 PM
Manual or auto slack adjusters?

Jon Wehrenberg
02-26-2009, 06:50 AM
I am multi-talented. I have polished both manual and automatic.

Currently polishing automatics exclusively.

lewpopp
02-26-2009, 09:32 PM
Scott,

Jon has you right where he wants you.