PDA

View Full Version : Hub Cap needed

jkbriggs
02-19-2009, 12:32 PM
Lost my right rear, drive axle wheel cover. Its big & chrome, looks expensive? Afraid to call Prevost Ft.Worth to ask how much. Any after-market sources you know of? Thanks for replies. - Jody

Darrell McCarley
02-19-2009, 12:41 PM
JODY.......Classic Chrome Plus at 3519 Irving Blvd. One block west of Mockingbird Lane. 214-638-6411

Gary & Peggy Stevens
02-19-2009, 12:46 PM
Was it the original Prevost wheel cover or an after market?

My bus came with Wheel lug covers by T.Kane Enterprises Wheel covers, http://www.tkane.com/index.html

Are yours similar?

Gary S.

jkbriggs
02-19-2009, 02:44 PM
Gary, mine is just like the larger one in the pic you sent. Don't know if that's factory or not.

Darrell, thanks, I'll give them a call also.

Darrell McCarley
02-19-2009, 02:59 PM
JODY........The caps in Gary's picture are quality stainless steel and the ones from Chrome Plus are chrome that will rust after a few years. I would buy the stainless steel for the quality although the chrome is much less $.

Jon Wehrenberg
02-19-2009, 03:00 PM
Prevost does not install hub caps.

They are converter installed and a lot of time owners want something different so they find and install a type that suits their taste.

The best way is to do a web search.

Joe Cannarozzi
02-19-2009, 03:01 PM
Jody if you are compelled get ah-old of Erik or Debbie, Hobobimmer on the site here.

They have a used set for sale. Sawdust has a very rusty one maybe you could split the cost with them if they wont split the set.

I have no idea of cost either new or used.

Check it out. 3 replys in 3 minutes. How cool is that!

Joe Cannarozzi
02-19-2009, 05:36 PM
IMO the correct way to dress up that stuff is with 1 dollar a piece nut covers and the corresponding hub caps that can be had at any decent truck stop.

If I bought a bus with that stuff I may use them but the first time anything needed replacement they would be history. It is way overpriced.

The only thing that looks better than my suggestion are the Marathon peanut covers, again IMO.

Will Garner
02-19-2009, 07:48 PM
Jody,

I had to replace a Hub Cover that I left at the West Virginia Turnpike Toll Booth in June 2007. I found a very satisfactory replacement from Real Wheels. My sales contact was Mr. Bjorn Cannon, email address bcannon@realwheels.com.

Their website is shown below. Sorry I can't figure how to make it a link so all you have to do is click on it. Guess you'll have to try typing it.

http://www.realwheels.com/highhats.html

hobobimmer
02-19-2009, 10:26 PM
Joe: You only looked at one side. Both of mine are on the the list of replacements needed. I just have not had time to get at it.

Howdy from East TN. We have a set of TKanes, and would be happy to talk to you about selling if you are interested. Thanks.

eric faires
huntsville, TN

jkbriggs
02-20-2009, 03:18 PM
I have ordered one from TKane...$175- Thanks for all your input!

jkbriggs
03-04-2009, 03:57 PM
By way of follow-up. Received wheel cover from T.Kane, its appears to be of good quality. Bolt holes did not fit my existing brackets (but it came with new ones, I didn't want to use) so I had to do a little re-engineering (I drilled two more holes in it). $185 tot. Good referral - thanks!