PDA

View Full Version : Do You Have two of These ?

Gary & Peggy Stevens
02-17-2009, 03:04 PM
Do you have (2) of these parts on your bus? P.N. 24057

http://picasaweb.google.com/gstevens51/LeverRearFenderLock?authkey=CRD0snY0wGU#

Well I didn't and I wanted them. What are they you ask? They are called "Lever Rear Fender, Locks" They lock the dual rear fender assemblies in an up postion, so you can work on the tires or wheels. You thought you just had to stand there and hold the fender up didn't you? :o :D

But now that I have a pair and the nuts bolts, silicone washers to install them, they don't fit! :mad: Maybe that is why they weren't on there in the first place, BUT I am not through trying to get them on my bus.

The reason my NEW Levers won't work is because I also have color matched fiberglass fender trim on my fenders, and because of the extra fiberglass I can't lift the fender up enough to latch on the pin that is inside. It binds against the ss above the wheel well.

I need about an 1 1/2" taken out of the middle of this unit. Who can do metal working like this to remake in the proper length the assembly I need?

Gary S.

tdelorme
02-17-2009, 03:26 PM
Gary, any little welding shop can do that for you. Ask the price first. Some shops have like a hour or $100 minimum and anything over ten bucks each is holding you up.
You might call Loc. He is signing up for Trade School classes and that would be a nice first project for him.:rolleyes:

JDUB uses a broom stick painted an ugly orange color. Works great.

PLSNTVLE2
02-17-2009, 03:37 PM
Gary: Can you just mark the position, drill a new hole and cut off the excess length?

Gary & Peggy Stevens
02-17-2009, 04:39 PM
Ted, I use to use a broom for supporting the fender, but now Peg has me using it the proper way, if you know what I mean ? :(

I haven't heard from Loc in a while. Suppose he is alright? ;)

Terry, I may have to try that option. I have looked around here for a metal shop, but they don't really want to mess with such a small job. I first looked at your proposal and thought Well the Large hole couldn't be moved, not enough metal, BUT then Hey It Hit me.... Redrill the small hole. :o :D It just may work. I'll try one and let you know.

Thanks

Gary S.