PDA

View Full Version : Marathon Rally in Coburg?

Ray Davis
02-08-2009, 07:14 PM
Marathon will be holding a rally this coming August (26-30) at the Coburg factory headquarters.

As of yet, I've never attended a Marathon rally. Main reason being that they seem pricey compared to a POG rally, and I don't have a tuxedo for the formal dinner evening.

But for some reason the possibility of the rally at the factor intrigues me. I really would like to get a tour of the facility, and I'm assuming a rally at the factory is going to be well attended.

Is anyone else thinking or interested in going? It might be a great way to spread the POG word to the uninitiated?

Ray

Petervs
02-09-2009, 01:24 AM
Ray, they make you wear special engraved nametags for the entire duration of the Marathon rally, if they catch you without it they fine you $5. They actually appoint a Sheriff for that.

They provide technicians who do minor service stuff for free, they hire a paid rally coordinator, the whole thing is catered, there is a lot of alcohol consumption, and they usually have some things to go do in the area.

We went to one 7 years ago but have not had the urge to attend another one. POG is laid back, Marathon is more formal. You may have my name tag to wear if you should decide to go!

And, you can get a factory tour any day you drop in there. It is actually very interesting to see them in operation. And then after that, go across the street and take the Monaco tour, also free and goes 2 times a day for about 2 hours. The difference is unbelievable. Marathon stresses how great they build their coaches, Monaco stresses how fast they can build them.