PDA

View Full Version : SMX Control Panel

02-05-2009, 11:46 AM
Quick Question.

I am getting a reading on my SMX Control Panel that says low AC, and am hearing a beep. Is there a battery behind the board?

The Wx here is getting colder and I am getting a few beeps, how many batteries are onboard??

phorner
02-05-2009, 12:12 PM
Bruce,

It sounds to me like a low alternating current warning. Your SMX controls are on when the AC is powered up to that device.

I would try shutting the breaker off to that circuit for a few minutes, then back on to see if it "re-sets".

Just a thought....

02-05-2009, 12:24 PM
What I was referring to was 9 volt batteries that operate the back ups on these devices not the main battery bank. .I took a look at the current in the bus and it is good. Now that does not mean that overnight it might have been lower I guess if there had been a dip in the Shore AC, but all is fine again now, no issues at all everything works well stable etc. I will dig in deeper and get back. Thanks Paul.

02-05-2009, 03:52 PM
I have a remote unit in the bedroom, but I guess you are referring to shore AC in this case, maybe it read a slight brown out or something? I really Su.. at this stuff