PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Terry!

Jim Skiff
02-04-2009, 09:49 AM
Welcome our newest member Terry J. Sturgis! (http://forum.prevostownersgroup.com/member.php?u=1298)

Terry J. Sturgis
02-04-2009, 10:50 AM
Current rig 31' Jayco Jayfeather, Chevy 3500 Duramax dually. The appropriate next unit should be a Prevost. Early 90's. I've been studying motorhomes and I think I prefer metal, not plastic. Graet forum. Terry

dalej
02-04-2009, 11:12 AM
Welcome Terry,

It works best if you just give this group the amount you want to spend and let us find the bus for you. If you don't like that idea, then just ask any questions you like and find it yourself. :)

Jon Wehrenberg
02-04-2009, 02:18 PM
Welcome to the asylum. We love spending OPM (other people's money).

You may single handedly turn this economy around if you buy a coach. Here is how it will work:

You buy a coach from someone who wants to upgrade. With your money in hand and an empty garage those folks will go out to buy a bigger coach. That purchase will enable the previous owner of that coach to go buy one of those new 2 slide coaches that converters are trying to sell. When the new coach is sold, the converter will put people back to work, and they in turn will be able to buy new cars and appliances and houses.

Pretty soon the economy will be roaring ahead.

But wait.....there's more! (Sounds like a TV offer doesn't it?)

You and the other used coach buyers will find all sorts of ways to spend money on your new-to-you coaches. You will spend time at Camp Prevost fixing stuff the previous owner was able to tolerate broken. Our constant talk of upgrades will shame you to add big screen digital TVs and then the next thing you know there will be new flooring and furniture. I can see it now. President Obama will have a White House ceremony so he can personally than you for your stimulus package.

The power you have is awesome. If you just buy that bus you will see the nation prosper.

dalej
02-04-2009, 02:34 PM
Jon, that motivates me and I'm not even looking! :)

Jon Wehrenberg
02-04-2009, 02:42 PM
Let's not get too carried away Dale. Too many folks trying to buy coaches all at once will cause high coach prices and none of us here wants to buy expensive coaches. We want to sell high and buy low. Right?

Kenneth Brewer
02-04-2009, 03:30 PM
"The power you have is awesome. If you just buy that bus you will see the nation prosper."

Yes. And if you don't..........

You hold the nation's salvation in your wallet. We did our part. Come on in. Welcome!<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Terry J. Sturgis
02-15-2009, 10:58 PM
Tomorrow I am taking my Boss to look at an H3-40 Liberty and a 40' Country Coach in Angola Indiana at Panterra Coach. Now I need to sell her on the fact that almost any Prevost is equal or better than our Jayco. Plus she is going to need money. UNLESS..... anyone here likes to donate their bus to a disabled veteran. Reason I say that is there is a 92 for sale on E-bay that was donated to something called Harvest Church. Probably should keep all offers on private e-mail. Wish me luck. Terry

Jon Wehrenberg
02-16-2009, 07:55 AM
Get the Liberty. The CC owners here will flame me for this and accuse me of being a shill for the folks in Stuart and Chicago, but trust me, in these unsettled times, and as a new owner you will want access to all the help you can get. The Lib has robust systems, good systems logic and superb support.

OK CC guys, your turn.

Don't lead Terry astray. He is one of us and if you mislead him he will come to a rally and hunt you down.

Joe Cannarozzi
02-16-2009, 08:25 AM
Pantera has no H-3 40 Liberty advertized:(

rfoster
02-16-2009, 09:13 AM
Which ever Liberty or CC, believe it or not, you should use the toliet paper only once then you have to dispose of it and buy more.

Since I got the CC I have been buying and using the single ply.

Will Garner
02-16-2009, 07:42 PM
Terry,

Welcome aboard.

I resemble that remark about Country Coach owners made by Jon. We bought our coach two plus years ago. Last year we needed some technical information from Country Coach. I was even in Junction City Oregon at the time. CC was very difficult to crack open. If I was looking today I'd probably look less favorably on the "orphans" compared to those still in the game. Of course the big concern is not the Prevost chasis or the Detroit Diesels. The big concerns are the converter's systems.

Our biggest pleasure in coach hunting was the travel and meeting new people. We wish you the same or even better levels of enjoyment during your coach hunt.

You might even want to check with some of the POG members that belong to TBC (Two Bus Club), you might be able to get a good deal on a great coach. Let's here from those in the TBC so we can expedite Terry's search!

Alek&Lucia
02-16-2009, 09:26 PM
One of the reasons we sold our second Country Coach was the electronics (motherboard) and misguided support. Now with Royale, even that something goes wrong you can fix it very easy. Our next coach will be another Royale or .........perhaps Liberty.
Look at the older Royale that Panterra has at their website with 8V92 engine,

Alek

Terry,

I resemble that remark about Country Coach owners made by Jon. We bought our coach two plus years ago. Last year we needed some technical information from Country Coach. I was even in Junction City Oregon at the time. CC was very difficult to crack open. If I was looking today I'd probably look less favorably on the "orphans" compared to those still in the game. Of course the big concern is not the Prevost chasis or the Detroit Diesels. The big concerns are the converter's systems.

Terry J. Sturgis
02-20-2009, 11:18 AM
The H3-40 is the one advertised on Phil Cooper's site. It happened to be at Panterra for some work. Wife did not like the sink in the bedroom.
Seems my problem is getting financing on anything over 10 years old. Not just my problem, a sign of the times. Thanks for everyones input. Terry

Joe Cannarozzi
02-20-2009, 11:51 AM
Hey Terry.

That sink in the bedroom thing is something we have not decided we like either.

We definitely like the way many build with no permanent wall between the bathroom and bedroom opening things up as it does but I don't know about letting the bathroom spill into the bedroom to the degree it does when they put the sink there?

A friend of ours with an R/V dealership has told us it would not surprise him if 80% of R/V dealerships fail this year, lack of available financing being one of the principle reasons. According to him if you get it it will require BOTH a 750+ score and 40% down, and that is on NEW purchases:eek: He mentioned only 3 current sources he was aware of and they are exercising the above mentioned parameters.

JIM CHALOUPKA
02-20-2009, 12:00 PM
Terry, when you find one your wife likes, ask if the owner will hold the paper.

In your first post you said you preferred metal over plastic. I don't think you looked at the right bus. Look at some XL's for the SS.

JIM