PDA

View Full Version : Auto Pressure Washer Hose Reel Wanted

Gary & Peggy Stevens
02-02-2009, 11:18 PM
I am looking for an auto pressure water hose reel w/ winder on a bracket.

I currently have a Karcher Power ( Model K 2.16 )washer in one of my engine bays, and 50' of HD Black Karcher Pressure washer hose stowed up front behind the bumper. I would like to find a hose reel that I could mount this HD Black hose on, so it just reels back in when I am thru washing the bus.

I have tried the so called 50' HD water hose reels, but after the first application of water to the hose reel, the hose burst. I didn't think the Karcher was that high of pressure, ( turns out it is 1400psi , wow ).

So anybody have an idea of where to find a hose reel? I could redo the whole wash system, with a pump and use the Water hose reel, but it wouldn't give me very high pressure?

Thanks in Advance.

Gary S.

MangoMike
02-03-2009, 09:19 AM
Gary,

This is just what you need. Designed for high pressure power washers, retractable reel and I had an extra 10' of hose added as 50' wasn't quite enough to reach all the way around the bus from the rear bus compartment.

Wasn't cheap as I recall, but I need to find the invoice to provide you more details. Will try to head down to the bus today.

So easy to use that even GaryD will help you wash the bus.

Mike

Gary & Peggy Stevens
02-03-2009, 09:41 AM
Thanks Sawdust and Mike for your answers.

I had searched Northern a number of times, but never came up with this reel. I will check it out to see if I have enough clearance where I want to put it. :)

Mike M. if it isn't too much trouble see where you bought yours too. I remember seeing your reel at Sieverville, now, and I think it will fit size wise where I need to put it.

I will check both of them out to see which one works for me.

And Mike I want to thank you for offering GaryDe's wash services on my bus, I will use his service in Oklahoma ? ! :D

Gary S.

gmcbuffalo
02-03-2009, 12:46 PM
I notice that the Northern Tools site reel doesn't come with the hose. The real trick is finding the right hose. I would think any retractable reel either water or air would do if you had the hose.

Mike Where is your Chamios, reel and pump located on bus?

GregM

MangoMike
02-03-2009, 01:31 PM
Greg,

It's more than the hose as you're pumping 1500+ psi thru a couple of couplings on the way to the hose via the reel, so I would be concerned about that.

Luckily in my H3, in the right rear engine access door, where the chassis batteries are usually stored, there was a great empty spot just dying for a pressure washer. I added the diamond plate decking and was good to go. GaryD helped me with installation as has offered to do the same with any other POG member in good standing.

You can see the engine air filter up in the left hand corner.

mm

Jon Wehrenberg
02-03-2009, 03:39 PM
You guys need the exercise after sitting for a day driving the bus.

Ditch the fancy pressure washers and get a plastic pail, a soft bristle brush and a long handle.

But if you insist on being lazy, do what Eric does. He gets Debi to wash the coach. (He is in management). Or do what the King of Bling does. He gets everybody else to wash it for him. He rinses.

hobobimmer
02-03-2009, 09:19 PM
[QUOTE=Jon Wehrenberg;42441]But if you insist on being lazy, do what Eric does. He gets Debi to wash the coach. (He is in management).QUOTE]

Jon:

Correction, please. I helped (yes, I'll admit it was the first time) clean the bus in Fiesta Key. You saw me, because you commented on it and expressed surprise that I was doing anything to the bus besides driving it.

My "management" days are now over. Deb expects me to pitch in. We'll see how short of a time I can make that last.

eric faires
huntsville, TN

Jon Wehrenberg
02-03-2009, 09:53 PM
I see a hose reel in Eric's future.

Joe Cannarozzi
02-03-2009, 10:34 PM
Don't worry Eric your secret is good with me.

Gary & Peggy Stevens
02-03-2009, 11:02 PM
So Mike, where you able to find the invoice where you purchased your reel and Hose assembly? :rolleyes:

You see as I stated earlier, I already have the 50' HP black Karcher hose if I can just find the right reel and get the hose I have to fit in it? I too have my IO water system tank and pressure washer and current hose reel ( Hose has Hole in it ) put in the back area engine compartment. All neatly attached and out of the way, but I need the proper hose reel to store my hose.

And oh Jon by the way, I still use a bucket and long handled soft brissled brush to wash with, but having the pressure washer and DeIonized Rinse water to finish the job, IS PRICELESS. :) :D

Gary S.

MangoMike
02-04-2009, 06:00 PM
Gary,

Here's the unit.

Reel Craft Model 7600 OMP, good for pressure up to 3000psi. List $322.

http://www.gradeatools.com/ReelCraft-7600-OMP-3-8-x-50ft-3000-psi-Oil-hose-p/rec-7600%20omp.htm

I paid $263 and had to order it from an auto parts store as Reel Craft won't sell direct.

http://www.reelcraft.com/

Rumor has it if you live West of the Mississippi, GaryD will pay half for you.

Mike

Gary & Peggy Stevens
02-04-2009, 06:08 PM
http://www.reelcraft.com/
Rumor has it if you live West of the Mississippi, GaryD will pay half for you.
Mike

Thanks Mike for the information..... Mike you mentioned you added some more hose? Did you go to Northern and just add your hose to this reel?

GaryD, do you need my address at home to send me a check? :D

Gary S.

MangoMike
02-04-2009, 06:17 PM
Gary,

The reel will only hold 60' max. I wasn't able to find a single piece of 60' hose so I had the company where I bought the power washer create a custom 10' section to add to the 50'.

They also have the special power wash chemical, which works great. Called Tan Power.

www.pressure-washers.com
1 800 463-9274
Rick Stevens

Mike