PDA

View Full Version : Visor/Shades inoperable

aggies09
01-31-2009, 01:12 AM
I have a '97 Liberty Elegant Lady very much like Jon's from what I am told. I have electric visors/shades in the front of the coach that we have been very happy with until today. The shades will not respond to any of our commands to raise, lower, or otherwise. Cursing loudly doesn't seem to help either. I have checked the Liberty electrical panel that is supposed to detail for me where the breaker is located, but as I should expect, the slot that is supposed to contain the 3A breaker is empty. I can't find any breaker tripped and don't know exactly where to look next.

I would appreciate a little insight from the wealth of experience contained in this group. Thanks for your thoughts............I am going to bed now, shades or no shades..........

hhoppe
01-31-2009, 02:19 AM
Tony: On our 2000 liberty the side electric blinds have a control box under the drivers side sofa.. Our failure was remedied by a new fuse. i amp as I remember. I'm not sure where the control box is for the front blinds, but Liberty can tell you. The control box for the bedroom blinds is in a box under the matress. Not in the storage area under the bed, but right under the matress,. Please share your new found control fuse for the front blinds with us when you locate it. Good Luck.

nrhareiner
01-31-2009, 05:53 AM
I used to own a 97 Elegant Lady. In that coach if I touched two of the switches at the same time I would over load the GFI circuit for that plug. Resetting that circuit (GFI plug) would correct that problem. Also, depending on what was plugged in that moment, I could have the same problem when attempting to move just one shade at a time.

Hope this helps you

aggies09
01-31-2009, 08:43 AM
When I finished posting last night, I thought I had better plug in the laptop in order to charge, when my wife noticed that it was not charging. I told her to reset the GFI and see if that helped and it did. That's when the ah ha! moment came that they may control the blinds as well. It did. Mystery solved for today. Thanks for the input.