PDA

View Full Version : Search--Need Help

LarryB
01-31-2009, 12:30 AM
I am not able to use the search feature with must success. As an example, I enter 'pro driver' and every thing from 'Indian burial grounds' to 'floor coverings' come up but, no pro driver info. I try 'thread' and 'post' neither selection are much different.

What is the secret?

Thanks

jelmore
01-31-2009, 06:18 AM
I am not able to use the search feature with must success. As an example, I enter 'pro driver' and every thing from 'Indian burial grounds' to 'floor coverings' come up but, no pro driver info. I try 'thread' and 'post' neither selection are much different.

Many databases let you search different ways in a search field.
These...
pro driver
"pro driver"
pro AND driver
...all get the same result. Wish I could help, but I get the same result as you.

dreamchasers
01-31-2009, 07:17 AM
If their is a 'search' expert on the board, I certainly would benefit for any wisdom. I find the search function anemic, but this could be because of lack of knowledge.

Hector

Will Garner
01-31-2009, 08:02 AM
Larry and Hector,

First, I am no expert on computer searches. Having said that there are two things that I might try. Enter Pro Driver, using upper case. If that does not work try using a short description of what function a Pro Driver performs. Heck, I don't even know what a Pro Driver is much less if I have one nor what functions it performs.

Hope one of these suggestions works for you.

Later ...

tdelorme
01-31-2009, 08:57 AM
Everyone sit down and listen. I am the POG expert on our search/advanced search feature and I am willing to share some very important info.

IT DOESN'T WORK WORTH A CRAP!!

JIM CHALOUPKA
01-31-2009, 09:16 AM
X2 what Ted said.
If you do a search for say Pro Driver, well you are getting too smart all of a sudden.
Remember no one pays attention to details such as spelling grammar and the like in the normal every day chit chat, so now when you want to search you must search in a like manner.

Type in prodriver in the (search by post) and you will get several to choose from, but you will have to read them all to find that none contain what you are trying to find. :eek::D

:)JIM

BrianE
01-31-2009, 09:25 AM
Larry,

Whadya need to know? I have a manual and have used the Pro Driver for several years. Not an expert for sure. Will be glad to share info at Havasu.

LarryB
01-31-2009, 11:24 AM
Thanks to All for your info. I had a feeling it was 'just me'.

Brian, my bus came with a 'plastic shield' instead of Pro Driver. <G> I want one, and would like a source and install info.

See ya in Havasu.

Also, an unrelated question. Do we get 'points off' or 'Demerits' if our bus is not up to Steve Benetts clean standards for the rally? [Sorry Steve] I'm at a friends house in Yuma and not able to wash the bus. Maybe the park at Havasu allows washing so I don't feel like one of the 'unwashed', any knowledge of this? I'll stop drifting now!

jello_jeep
01-31-2009, 11:01 PM
You can wash at Havasu as far as I know..

There is a local who runs a mobile detail too..

Desert Detail, 928.208.3199

His name is Dave.

LarryB
01-31-2009, 11:15 PM
Thanks Warren, I appreciate the info.

JIM CHALOUPKA
02-01-2009, 04:32 AM
Hey Larry, here's the Blue Beacon locator site.
They do a good job for $35 bucks, when your on the road.
Open 24/7, no appointment.
Tell them exactly what you want or don't want and walk around with them as they wash if you like.

http://www.bluebeacon.com/LocationInformation/default.aspx

JIM:)

truk4u
02-01-2009, 09:04 AM
Jimmy C - 4:32 am and your on POG... I thought the Tool Man Keller was the only one up at that hour of the morning.:)

JIM CHALOUPKA
02-01-2009, 09:42 AM
Yeah, well what were you doing up? I always get up early, that's when I talk to Jon, and get all the important stuff done.....milk the cows, shovel snow, and let the dog out. ;):D

I'm with my mistress in NY, banging away in the barn.

JIM

jello_jeep
02-01-2009, 10:24 AM
Jim, this one is so easy, the board of directors of the ACME Inc., have decided not to comment.

I'm with my mistress in NY, banging away in the barn.

JIM