PDA

View Full Version : Where Are We

bluevost
01-29-2009, 07:38 PM
Hey POGgers,

Let's have some fun. I have been in Las Cruces, NM for a week or so. The other day we visited with some POG friends. Can you tell from the photo who we visited?? Ray, Buster, and BrianE cannot answer.

lewpopp
01-29-2009, 08:01 PM
The corn palace

Ray Davis
01-29-2009, 08:03 PM
Oooh. Ooooh I know! I know!

bluevost
01-29-2009, 08:03 PM
Lew,

No it's not the corn palace. Guess again!!

Ken

phorner
01-29-2009, 08:04 PM
Isn't the Corn Palace in Mitchel, South Dakota??

This is in Las Cruces, right??

bluevost
01-29-2009, 08:11 PM
Paul,

Nice try. No further clues at this time. Make a guess.

Ken

phorner
01-29-2009, 08:16 PM
Looks vehicle-mounted.... how about Quartzite???

bluevost
01-29-2009, 08:20 PM
Paul,

It's not Quartzite. Guess again!!

Ken

phorner
01-29-2009, 08:23 PM
Roswell, NM?

bluevost
01-29-2009, 08:33 PM
Remember the question: Can you tell from the photo who we visited?

phorner
01-29-2009, 08:45 PM
How about a visit to Coloradobus?

bluevost
01-29-2009, 09:00 PM
Paul,

Way to go!! Janet and I were in Denver visiting my daughter Cheri and S-I-L Lee, hooked up with Jim and Chris. We had a nice afternoon looking at all their Airstreams and other "stuff", including a Porsche, Ford F-150 PU, Ford Country Squire station wagon, a couple of Caddies, and of course their newly remodeled house. We all went to dinner at the Red Tango and had a wonderful evening. That "corn cob" light is an entry light for one of their old Airstreams.

There was no official prize for the correct guess, but I promise you that I will do everything possible to keep you from getting an airstrike in OKC. No guarantees mind you.

bluevost
01-29-2009, 09:09 PM
Truk,

No self respecting corn cob light would hang around on an orange Scout.

Jim Skiff
01-29-2009, 09:41 PM
Orville Redenbacher?:D

Joe Cannarozzi
01-29-2009, 09:52 PM
Those two need a bigger garage. Way bigger.

phorner
01-30-2009, 08:07 AM
Typical.....

I win the one contest that has no prize.....:eek:

Then again, I was a winner in the famous draft lottery of 1969....

That prize wasn't all that special :mad:

phorner
01-30-2009, 08:09 AM
That is a great collection of vintage vehicles, though :)

Will Garner
01-30-2009, 09:03 AM
Loved to see the back end of the 1959 Ford Country Squire station wagon. One of my uncles owned a drapery and upholstry business. All of his vehicles were Ford station wagons. On Saturdays my Dad would take me into the business district of Hampden (a part of Baltimore City) for pastries at the New System Balery (yum to the max), a hair cut across the street (which had a trackless trolley route to downtown Baltimore City), and then to my Uncle's shop which was right behind the barber shop. Now those are great memories that I'll always cherish. The only thing left today is the New System Bakery.

Ken, thanks for taking the photo and Jim thanks for saving the oldies. Joe is correct, you do need a bigger garage - something more like a transportation museum of camping throught the years. Maybe some funding can be had from the $50 million set aside for the "arts" in Obama's economic stimulus bill!

QueenOfTheRoad
02-06-2009, 08:15 PM
Although I'm late to the party, I knew this couldn't possibly be the Corn Palace (which indeed, is in Mitchell, SD), as the picture indicated a far more riveting sight.

Seriously, we went out of our way to see the Corn Palace on our trip, and it has to be the lamest thing we did all year. If anyone can explain it to me, I'd love to know.

Will Garner
02-06-2009, 08:39 PM
Well looks like Jim and Chris will have to look for other funding to build their Museum of Historic Camping Vehicles. I heard the $50 million for the Arts in Obama's "stimulus" bill has been cut and is laying on the Senate floor. To bad, Jim and Chris have a great start.

phorner
02-07-2009, 08:46 AM
Although I'm late to the party, I knew this couldn't possibly be the Corn Palace (which indeed, is in Mitchell, SD), as the picture indicated a far more riveting sight.

Seriously, we went out of our way to see the Corn Palace on our trip, and it has to be the lamest thing we did all year. If anyone can explain it to me, I'd love to know.

I can only figure big state + few people + lots of corn = corn palace....

Yeah, it was kinda lame.... but you do have to see it to believe it.

Did I mention that the world's largest fire hydrant is in Beaumont, Texas?