PDA

View Full Version : Prevost vs Freightliner other Truck Places

Jamie Bradford
01-26-2009, 02:50 PM
I have some battery issues & need to have the batteries checked out.

I went to the local Freightliner dealer and they said they can do it. I also have some coolant questions/issues that need to be addressed.

Question: Should I drive 130 miles to Prevost or can a local company deal with these issues??:rolleyes:

Thanks for any input.......................

Jamie

phorner
01-26-2009, 03:06 PM
I would be comfortable dealing with a local battery shop that is experienced in servicing large trucks/fleets. If they are servicing the needs of large, commercial vehicles you should be OK.

Regarding the coolant, we have a local Detroit Diesel shop here that I would trust to handle coolant related issues. Your Freightliner facility may be OK, but I would want assurance that they were experienced in DD engines.

Good luck.....

Kevin Erion
01-26-2009, 03:53 PM
I think that Freightliner and DD are kind of like family so they should know the engine very well.

tdelorme
01-26-2009, 04:10 PM
Jamie, the only advantage in driving to Prevost is the fact that they will allow you to stay with your bus while service is being preformed. If the Freightliner shop is willing for you to stay with the coach, I would give them a shot. Good to develop a relationship with a local outfit as well.

garyde
01-26-2009, 10:07 PM
Hi Jamie. I had my Coach Serviced at at Diesel Truck stop in Medford, Oregon. Lube and Oil for $200.00 if I remember right. Good deal and they give you a choice of Brand of Oil. 1 hour. They also will do coolant.
Just have your specs with you.
Also, definitely if there is a Detroit shop around, use them.