PDA

View Full Version : Jeep Fun

Loc
01-26-2009, 01:12 PM
Don't ever use JDUB as a spotter. Here is the result. Actually the cause of the rollover was a short between the seat and the steering wheel. I stood the Jeep up on its back end and then it made a real nice move to the right and rolled. Other than a new windshield frame and window, new hood, new fender and new radiator and overflow bottle and several quarts of oil and transmission fluid all will be fine.

Loc
01-26-2009, 01:16 PM
Another shot.

This is one of those "hold my beer and watch this" stunts.

dalej
01-26-2009, 01:17 PM
WOW!!! Glad your still standing! and OK!

jello_jeep
01-26-2009, 01:45 PM
You are officially an OFF ROAD DUDE now :)

Congrats!

tdelorme
01-26-2009, 04:13 PM
Well, at least you were able to BAILOUT in one piece.:D

JIM CHALOUPKA
01-26-2009, 04:23 PM
How far off road were you. Did you have to walk very far. Were you in the range of cell service?

Glad no one was hurt!

:) JIM

Gary & Peggy Stevens
01-26-2009, 04:31 PM
I take it back, Loc.

I will not follow you anymore, you have to follow me. When you told me you did some minor damage that weekend to your jeep, I had no idea you meant to the ROOF? :eek:

I can see why now, Courtney never wants to go with you to your OFFROAD OUTINGS? :D

Gary S.

rfoster
01-26-2009, 04:32 PM
Loc:
I sure am impressed with your driving skills -- NOT!

Joe Cannarozzi
01-26-2009, 05:32 PM
With a winch and the right gear you fliped yourself back over and drove home right?

Loc
01-26-2009, 06:33 PM
We were with four other vehicles about 4 miles from the road. We got the jeep right side up using another winch (I could have used mine, but thats what friends are for). We then pulled the plugs and turned the engine over just to make sure we didn't trash the engine. Added oil and cranked the engine. It cranked right up with very little smoke. Unfortunately I didn't have enough tranny fluid so we strapped it out to the road where I had my trailer waiting. Winched it on the trailer where it sits. I think a hi-lift and a mallet should fix the fender and hood (well enough). Perhaps a little JB Weld and Duct Tape will do wonders on the radiator.

Joe Cannarozzi
01-26-2009, 06:40 PM
That will be one for the scrap book:)

Pete
01-26-2009, 06:59 PM
Don't need a trailer now, it may fit in your storage bay!

garyde
01-26-2009, 09:58 PM
Hi Loc. I am happy to hear your ok. I guess your were belted in well.
Stay Safe!

Loc
01-27-2009, 07:42 AM
Thanks Gary. I overbuilt the Jeep to withstand a much worse event. It has a competition roll cage that is tied to the frame in six places with multiple extra support bars welded in place and competition seats with four point seat belts. We (my brother and I) were belted in and had no issues. However, it is tough to brace yourself with one hand while releasing the seat belt with the other hand while hanging upside down.

Warren, I am ready to come do the "Hammers" in So. Cal with you. I figure this will look like child's play after we are done.

Jerry Winchester
01-27-2009, 04:55 PM
Gary,

He really didn't need all those fancy seatbelts. He has this special "Seat Suction" deal going on.........

And my last words on the phone with him were, "Don't roll the thing over on top of yourself"

Gary & Peggy Stevens
01-27-2009, 08:12 PM
And my last words on the phone with him were, "Don't roll the thing over on top of yourself"

JDUB, I guess that means LOC doesn't listen to a thing you say ? :D

Gary S.

hobobimmer
02-01-2009, 10:21 AM
Glad you are ok Loc. Hope it was fun! Looks like you're staying on top of things out there. :) Deb