PDA

View Full Version : The Latest from Liberty on the fire.

Jon Wehrenberg
07-12-2006, 10:56 AM
Dear Bus N Biker Members:

As promised, this correspondence is a follow-up to my earlier report on events at the Oak Grove, Arkansas rally in May.

As the rally was ending, teams of investigators and company representatives converged on the rally site. Over a dozen parties, with either a direct or indirect interest in the events, made on-site inspections and have participated in numerous post-event briefings, conferences and working sessions.

I now know much more about forensic investigative processes and techniques than I should. Teams of independent engineering firms, phlogiston experts (part of my new vocabulary), forensic scientists, meteorologists, metallurgical experts, accreditation organization representatives and, of course, lawyers have all shared the heavy-lifting of fact finding and alternative analysis. I have participated in practically every meeting, including those that dealt directly with issues of sub-system installation and supplier components.

Two months later, with thousands of dollars invested in analysis and investigation, what we know for sure is….a specific cause has not been identified. Possible causes external to coach have also been investigated, with no conclusions drawn. At this time we simply do not know.

As I mentioned in my first report, it is possible that a specific reason will never be identified, and the fire cause simply classified as "undetermined." I hope to have an opportunity for a short report in Cedar City to share any news that may come available.

A very, very….very big thank you to all who forwarded digital photos and video. I will tell you that they were all examined by experts. We also appreciate all of the cards and phone calls we have received as do Chris and Judy.

Please let me close with some very good news. On July 10th, Chris and Judy Hall took delivery of their new H3-45 Liberty Coach.

See you in Cedar City,

Frank X. Konigseder and the entire Liberty Coach Family