PDA

View Full Version : Parking for 20 days

Ben
07-12-2006, 03:22 AM
I'm in Las Vegas and will be flying out and won't return for 20 days. Any ideas on where I should park the bus?

I'd love to have a 30 amp electrical hookup if that would keep my fridge going and batteries topped off, but I'd think about just letting the generator auto-start I can cut the electical load down enough where it only kicks in every few days if I can find a parking place that isn't too expensive.

I'd rather not pay full-boat price at an RV park and am looking for alternatives.

Ray Davis
07-12-2006, 12:50 PM
Ben,

I spent a week at a KOA in Salt Lake City a few weeks ago. I was surprised to learn from one person there that they had a monthly rate. It may still be more than you want to pay, but I think it ended up being in the order of $11-$12 per day. I don't know if the Vegas KOA has a similar program or not. When I pulled through there on my way back, they charged me $53/night! I had no choice with busted AC's needing electrical to hopefully get the bus cool!

Another possibility look for a storage yard in craiglist or similar. I would be you could find a "normal" rv storage facility for 1 month?

Ben
07-12-2006, 03:44 PM
I signed up for a one month stay at a local RV park. It's timed just right because I'll be out for 20 days on this trip and I'll also be able to park there for my next trip, which will happen right before my month is up. They are charging me $360 plus electrical. I expect the electical to be low since I plan to just have the air compressor, fridge and battery chargers turned on while I'm gone.

truk4u
07-12-2006, 09:07 PM
Ben,
You may want to think about having a 110 volt fan running inside, I would think the heat in Vegas this time of year would be a killer for a closed up Coach.:cool: Course I'm from GA, what do I know...:D

Coloradobus
07-25-2006, 06:29 PM
Ben,

Your going to want to leave some A/C on, set at about 80 on the thermostat. With temperatures over the 100 degree mark, your coach will cook without some cooling. With high outside temperatures, a closed up coach, like a car, the interior will just fry! Laminates will de-laminate, glues will melt and plastic parts may wilt. If your coach is locked up in these temperatures with no cooling, you might come home to a melt-down.
Marathon, at all locations, leaves at least one A/C on. If in doubt, call Liberty.