PDA

View Full Version : Quartzite -- Last Word

bluevost
01-19-2009, 12:10 AM
Hey POGgers,

Not sure where to put this thread but this one seems ok. Well it's Sunday night and for us the trip ends tomorrow. Leaving for Las Cruces about 10AM. We had a great time, and great weather. Lloyd and Pamela camped with us, along with some other friends. Saturday morning I had a leaky pressure relief valve on a hot water heater to deal with so I did not make it to the RV show on Saturday. Saturday afternoon the girls played Mexican Train, the guys hung out, and a potluck developed about 5PM. Sunday morning one of the gals made biegnets and coffee with chickory. Janet and I went to the tent about 9:30AM. This is the time to do it, playoff Sunday early in the morning. Small crowds!! Dropped off my tow bar at Blue Ox for a tune up, and did the tent along with some outside vendors. I bought a couple of hiking stick for two of my grandkids, a Blue Ox base plate for the new Honda CRV, and some "stuff". Tow bar was done in 3 hours, cost $25.00, good as new. Back to the rig in time to say good-bye to Lloyd and Pamela and watch some football. The sunset tonight was spectacular!! Again, I'm going to post pictures, I hope they stay in order and tell you a story.

bluevost
01-19-2009, 12:12 AM
More-- There's one in here for you JDUB

bluevost
01-19-2009, 12:15 AM
inside the big tent, scenes at camp, potluck

bluevost
01-19-2009, 12:17 AM
friend Dave with his singing dancing chicken, and the best lookin' flag around

bluevost
01-19-2009, 12:21 AM
Sunday Sunday so good to me....

We'll do it again next year. It would be great to have you join us. There's plenty of room for all.

Blessings,

Ken

jello_jeep
01-19-2009, 07:48 AM
Ken, looks like you had great weather for Quartzite this year!

We were in LHC briefly last weekend, it was chamber of commerce weather for sure!

I was fixin to ask about the ladies playing "Mexican Train", but not sure I need to know ;)

truk4u
01-19-2009, 08:57 AM
Great photo's Ken, sure would like to make that trip next year..

merle&louise
01-19-2009, 09:11 AM
Ken & Janet,

Great pictures; especially the beignets from Cafe' Du Monde. They really bring back memories. We love 'em!

I think we are going to wait for 2010 to travel to Alaska with you guys. Let us know the details and dates.:D

BrianE
01-19-2009, 10:25 AM
Ken, You guys have given us a whole new perspective on the Quartzite craze. Count us in for next year (the King of Washington willing). And a Mexican Train tourney besides......if the Jeepster only new of its delights. :rolleyes:

Jerry Winchester
01-19-2009, 10:46 AM
Ken,

Those ice cream makers look too good for my tastes. You need a really ratty looking one to make the good stuff.

phorner
01-19-2009, 12:50 PM
Thanks for the great pix. Sure gives a better perspective of what this event is all about.

Sure would like to try attending this one....:D

MangoMike
01-19-2009, 01:27 PM
Ken,

Looks very cool. And as soon as I retire in 2020 I'm adding it to my must bus-visit list.

Thanks for the pixs.

Mango

truk4u
01-19-2009, 08:50 PM
Mango - Go now, in 2020, you won't even be able to get up the bus steps let alone drive it, unless your Turd Boy buddy come an gets ya!:eek:

garyde
01-19-2009, 09:38 PM
Ken and Janet, Know I'm kicking myself for not making time. It's just as I remember it. I'm a sucker for a tent full of RV stuff. The funkier the better.