PDA

View Full Version : Crap!

Yankee802
01-16-2009, 01:09 PM
I just got home from Florida and found the furnace not working. I left it on, but turned off the inverter, does the furnace require the inverter to fire up? Doesn't matter now, I have NO heat, and it's frigging cold! I got the electric heaters on in the basement, I believe/hope my water didn't freeze being I left it at a trickle. My furnace acts like it wants to run, but I think maybe my fuel jelled? If that is the case, am I screwed? Will I have to wait untill everything thaws out? Will I have to re-prime the engine? (I have NO idea how) I also just plugged in the block heater, hope it helps.

Geoff

Jon Wehrenberg
01-16-2009, 01:33 PM
Inverter or converter, regardless of what you have to maintain a charge on the house batteries it is likely the thing died when the batteries went dead.

Are the batteries now charged? That might be the problem.

Yankee802
01-16-2009, 01:39 PM
The coach was plugged into shore power the whole time, batteries are full. The furnace comes on, but doesn't seem to fire. I hear it wine a little, put my hand in front of the exhaust, it's cold. I don't hear the antifreeze circulate either. :(

Jon Wehrenberg
01-16-2009, 01:55 PM
If you turned off the inverter, how are the batteries getting charged?

Yankee802
01-16-2009, 01:58 PM
By the battery charger.

Yankee802
01-16-2009, 02:06 PM

Inverters while on shore power on wall, inverter for underway on bench, next to battery charger. Picture is slightly dated, sea power inverter has been changed and is different, but the setup remains the same.

Now please, any help with my Webasto?

I just fired up my generator, guess my fuel isn't jelled. I didn't want to try then engine in case it was, figured if I tried and it was jelled, I'd have to re-prime the engine once things warmed up. So now, how do I get my Webasto to fire up? Would running the engine help it any way?

Decided to try running the engine, it started on the 2nd try. Hopefully it will warm things up and allow the Webasto to fire.

Yankee802
01-16-2009, 04:34 PM
After running the engine for about an hour, I shut it down. I then fired up the Webasto, but a TON of white smoke poured out, freaked me out, any idea what it is? Is something wrong, could it start a fire? Most of the smoke came out the exhaust, but some was comming out from under it. I'm freaking out.

Geoff

Joe Cannarozzi
01-16-2009, 09:47 PM
Sounds like just real cold fuel. Did you let it go or shut it down? The chamber was probably loaded with fuel from all the previous failed attempts to fire. Put a new filter on it and open it up and clean the burn chamber and tip and run the heck out of it.

Yankee802
01-16-2009, 10:23 PM
Where do I get the filter, part #? I understand there are two, based on the type of nozzle, but I don't know what one I have. Best way to clean it, type of cleaner, brush? Sorry, I'm still a newbie, never seen one taken apart, or even taken the cover off mine.