PDA

View Full Version : Bathroom Remodel 99 Royale

ajducote
01-11-2009, 02:07 PM
The ceiling and wallpaper in my enclosed water closet were looking real bad. So today I started a project to redo the water closet. So I need some help deciding what to do.

1. The old ceiling was a velour looking material with a very thin foam backing that was glued to the plywood ceiling.

2. The walls are covered in wallpaper that I would like to remove and replace with the same wallpaper. There is a roll of wallpaper that came with the coach.

3. The mirror behind the sink has 2 small cracks in it so it needs to come off and be replaced with something.

A. I need recommendations on a new ceiling material and how to install it. I was thinking something smooth and light colored that could be glued up like the old material. Any ideas? I this works out well, I will eventually redo the entire ceiling in the bus.

B. What is the best way to get the old wallpaper off?

C. How do I get the mirror off?

Any and all hints, tricks and sources of supply are welcome.

Thanks

Jerry Winchester
01-11-2009, 03:26 PM
Andre,

Rae and I completely re-wallpapered our old Royale and it turned out well but was no small piece of work. We used a widget that you roll over the paper that punches a bunch of holes in it then we sprayed on some adhesive remover that is made just for wallpaper on it then just pulled it off.

We had to do some remedial clean up, but as long as the surface is clean and free of debris, we put the new paper on without issue. Other than the fact that is is a mess and the bathroom was almost as bad as trying to wallpaper the insides of the windows in the solon.

We also changed out a bunch of hardware, but the end result was much better than the old grass cloth paper that was originally in there. We didn't do anything to the ceiling, but we did redo the tile and backsplash in the bathroom.