PDA

View Full Version : Where do I put my sticker

flyu2there
01-09-2009, 06:11 PM
Got my two new POG stickers from Jim Skiff today (thanks Jim) and don't no where to put the one on the front.....on the plastic shield next to the Good Sam Sticker and the Map of the US??? Suggestions please, and leave various parts of the human anatomy out of it..........:D

Jon Wehrenberg
01-09-2009, 06:32 PM
John,

How did you know the first response would involve the human body?

I keep mine hidden because I don't want anyone to know I hang with this bunch.

Except for the one plainly visible on the rear window of the Hummer.

michaeldterry
01-10-2009, 10:42 AM
Got my two new POG stickers from Jim Skiff today (thanks Jim) and don't no where to put the one on the front.....on the plastic shield next to the Good Sam Sticker and the Map of the US??? Suggestions please, and leave various parts of the human anatomy out of it..........:D

John - I've got the same question! We just picked up our newly purchased '96 XL-45 Vantare Featherlite in London, KY on Wednesday, 01/07. On Tuesday, 01/06, our POG stickers from Jim arrived at our home the day before we flew to KY to get the bus (thanks, Jim!), but we don't know the prescribed front & rear locations for application of the stickers.

Perhaps Jim or one of the other veteran POG members will enlighten us so that we proudly display our association with this esteemed group in the appropriate manner. :rolleyes:

While terms such as "esteemed" and "appropriate" may be foreign here, if anyone can tell us where to stick 'em (on the bus!), it would be appreciated! :D

garyde
01-10-2009, 12:09 PM
I have placed a sticker on the back Port side, above the bumper. So anyone passing me in the left lane can see the sticker.

phorner
01-10-2009, 12:35 PM
FWIW mine is on the back window of the Jeep.

Helps me figure out which one is mine in the parking lots...:D

Orren Zook
01-10-2009, 02:54 PM
I have placed a sticker on the back Port side, above the bumper. So anyone passing me in the left lane can see the sticker.

I thought Jon was the only POG member that got passed on the interstate..... whoops I forgot about Deb and Eric

Kenneth Brewer
01-10-2009, 04:52 PM
I intend to place one in the rear on the port side of the stainless flap over the hitch and docking lamps, and the other at the base of driver side front windshield (next to the inspection sticker). We are somewhat new POGGers; is there a designated CB channel that caravanning POG members use?

garyde
01-10-2009, 09:40 PM
Hi Ken. We have discussed this before. I believe there is a RV Channel which may be 13. On our last Caravan , we were using 24 I believe. But, most of the time, I stay on 19.

lewpopp
01-10-2009, 10:10 PM
First of all, whomever designed the sticker must hang out at funeral homes.

Why don't we have a contest and get a sticker that we all would be proud to display.

I gave Ben a few drawings of what I thought it should be but he became too busy mooching storage space for the coach to carry the job forward.

Oh well, when people see the sticker on the back of Jon's Bummer, oh I mean Hummer they'll think he's from Portugal or something like that.

Denny
01-10-2009, 10:19 PM
Lew,

I represent that remark about hanging out at funeral homes. There is nothing wrong with it; I do it everyday. I own a funeral home and I'll be the last guy to let you down!

Jon Wehrenberg
01-11-2009, 06:14 AM
I'll bet people are dying to get to your place, Denny.........

Bad one. We've heard them all.

Loc
01-11-2009, 08:34 AM
Denny,

Your job sounds like a grave undertaking. You must be burried at the office. I am laughing so hard I am coffin. I am sure you have heard all these, but I couldn't resist.

I think we should make channel 17 the official POG CB channel. If you take the numbers on the phone for P-O-G (7-6-4) and add them up you get 17. And yes JDUB I had to take my shoes off to do the math.

rfoster
01-11-2009, 09:02 AM
No wonder AIG got government help since you only count to 20 or 21. Now that you have the big bucks, you had to get calculators.

BrianE
01-11-2009, 10:18 AM
Actually, channel 17 is used by truckers on the North/South running highways in the west. Probably not a good choice. Once again we can count on the bean counters to get us in trouble. :D

JIM CHALOUPKA
01-11-2009, 10:33 AM
There are those higher power FM Handy Talkies, that require an FCC permit.(paper work only no testing).

They work well outdoors and we use them at events and such. Not sure how they would get out of the bus (through the shell), but will try at the first opportunity and let you know.

They are line of sight for reception with a purported range of I think it was 7 mi..

If it would work it would be better than CB as there are 22 channels and we could all use them at rallies and other gatherings.

JIM

Gary & Peggy Stevens
01-11-2009, 12:57 PM
Jim C., you just bought your bus, and now you are trying to add a new fangled FM Transmitter Radio to it? I am surprised you have any money left?:D

Gary S.

JIM CHALOUPKA
01-11-2009, 01:38 PM
Gary, their only a hundred bucks or so.

phorner
01-11-2009, 01:42 PM
Actually, channel 17 is used by truckers on the North/South running highways in the west. Probably not a good choice. Once again we can count on the bean counters to get us in trouble. :D

Guess you could then add the 1 and the 7 together to get 8....:confused:

jello_jeep
01-11-2009, 05:48 PM
At the end of autopsy turvy day, do you have a stiff drink, a body could only imagine you do, and with all the rigors of your job I just had to post this..

Is your hearse mechanical? Or do you draw it with a Morgan horse?

Sorry, I'll stop!

We are all dying to know!

Ok, I am stopping for sure this time!!

Lew,

I represent that remark about hanging out at funeral homes. There is nothing wrong with it; I do it everyday. I own a funeral home and I'll be the last guy to let you down!

JIM CHALOUPKA
01-11-2009, 07:34 PM
Jeep, your dead on. Denny does have horse power for the hearse, but it's higher than one.
My language is not encrypted, if you have too many drinks too quickly you will self embalm and have to be entombed.

JIM :rolleyes:

hobobimmer
01-11-2009, 09:30 PM
I thought Jon was the only POG member that got passed on the interstate..... whoops I forgot about Deb and Eric

Deb said we put our sticker on the front of the bus, and it reads "G O P" so you can see it when you pass us.

eric and deb (who ain't never been passed by no one)
huntsville, TN

Denny
01-11-2009, 10:32 PM
You guys are too much! Just remember that funeral directors bury it deeper and we are the largest sellers of subterranean furniture. Business is good but sometimes we get boxed in.

JIM CHALOUPKA
01-11-2009, 10:53 PM
When rigermortise sets in your work becomes very hard, so take it easy and don't become entrenched with your work. :eek:

JIM :D

lewpopp
01-12-2009, 09:45 PM
Hey "Digger O'Dell," do you have a hearse that is black with dark black stripe?

lewpopp
01-12-2009, 09:47 PM
You're probably not old enough to remember The Great Gildersleeve program on which Digger O"Dell was the friendly undertaker. Where has this thread gone to?