PDA

View Full Version : POG TGO Shuttle Launch Rally updated info

ajducote
01-08-2009, 05:26 PM
I went to the office and got a list of all the people who have made reservations and said they were part of POG. (listed below)

The big tent in the Rally lot is already spoken for by the other group in the rally lot during this time. So I have reserved a large building for all day Saturday 14 Feb. The building is near the rally lot and can hold 100 people. It is the only day I could get. So how about a pot luck about 4PM on the 14th? The rest of the day could be used for presentations or a non stop story telling, drinking, eating, socializing event.

Friday afternoon starting about 2 PM we will have an extended "Happy Hour" at our home for whomever wants to come. We are about 2 blocks from the rally park. This event is flexible so speak up if someone has a better idea.

I know some of these names are not spelled correctly. I copied them from the reservation printout without changes.

In the rally lot:
Bradford, Jamie
Bunch, Bill
Foster, Roger
Keller, Jim
Petree, Pete
Winchester, Jerry

On an RV pad somewhere in TGO:
Anderson, Mike
Chilcote, Tom
Dator, William
DeSilva, Richard
Finch, John
Gaidry, Tuga
Hann, Allan
Harris, Bruce
Horner, Paul
Jones, Larry
Lane, Jim
Lewis-Mathieu, Buck
Neff, Alan
Roberston, Ken (2 spots)
Smith, Dan
Tracey, Granvil

rfoster
01-08-2009, 11:15 PM
Andre:

Thanks for the update and the list of folks that are signed up from POG. I recognized quite a few, but looks like a number of newbies too!

Looking forward to meeting you and of course seeing everyone else. We will gladly bring something for the potluck. POG potluck meals have always been great!!

Quite a turnout - must be the Florida Sun?:cool:

phorner
01-09-2009, 09:05 AM
Saturday sounds good to us....we'll be bringing somethin' :)

Jerry Winchester
01-09-2009, 11:16 AM
Do we have a best guess at what day the shuttle launch will be? I have heard both the 12th and 14th.

Also, do you need to call and bitch at the TGO folks to get a regular space? When I called them in September, they didn't have any room and I think Jack, Mike and I were the only ones going. The chick said they would move our spot as space became available, but that obviously isn't the case.

ajducote
01-09-2009, 11:32 AM
The nasa web site says the 12th right now. It can always change at the last minute.

http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/shuttle/main/index.html

Billy and Cindy at the office are the best to work with. They did tell me that everything is booked for now in the park. This weekend I will check with a few owners who rent their spots and see if anything is available.

Pete
01-09-2009, 08:50 PM
Andre, Pot Luck sounds great to us..Thanks for all the work you are doing .

ajducote
01-10-2009, 07:47 AM
Pete Thanks, so far not much work really.

New information.

The management here just realized that 23 or more Prevost owners were coming and have offered to put on a wine and cheese social for us. The home builder here has offered a large model home for our us to use for this. No strings attached, they do not do a hard sell job here. I do not have all the details on this yet and will know more once I give them a round number of people who will attend.

So here is what I am looking at for a schedule, please respond with your comments and I especially need a head count if at all possible for the wine and cheese social.

Most of you are scheduled to be here by 11 February so this is what I am thinking:

12 Feb Thursday 0700-0730 Shuttle launch if it stays on schedule.
12 Feb Thursday 3 PM start till ?? TGO sponsored Wine and Cheese Social
13 Feb Friday 2 PM till ?? extended Happy Hour, our house
14 Feb Saturday 4 PM Pot Luck at the TGO pavilion

If this is to much we can cut out the Happy Hour at our house, we are more then happy to do it, just do not want to schedule more then what everyone wants to do.

Please get back to me on what works for everyone and I will try to make as many people happy as possible. Though I am not sure that is possible considering the intended audience! But we can try!!!

If anyone is not scheduled to come and stay here,but are within driving distance (Lew ??) maybe Saturdays pot luck would be a good day to show up.

truk4u
01-10-2009, 09:25 AM
Jdub would have got a Premo spot, but he forgot his most often used tactic:

phorner
01-10-2009, 09:31 AM
Andre,

Thanks for all your efforts! Your itinerary looks good to me.

Isn't there a public park (or more?) just south of Hwy 50 along US 1 ? Would it be worth our while to view the launch from there?

Danss
01-10-2009, 12:17 PM
Dan & Jo will attend all functions. Let us know who should bring desert or something more sbstantial. Thanks for your effort!

ajducote
01-10-2009, 12:31 PM
New info.

Billy at the TGO office should be moving Jerry to a full hookup regular site today, he will call Jerry when it is done.

1 new sign up today
Moss, Gary

Dan & Jo DANSS I do not see a reservation for you. Is it under another name?

merle&louise
01-10-2009, 02:08 PM
Andre & Ann,

Karen and I will be there. Just let us know what to bring: desert, casserol dish, salad. I could fry some shrimp wrapped in bacon or maybe a shrimp jambalya!

I'm getting hungry already!:D

just2
01-10-2009, 03:57 PM
Just to let everyone know we will be at The Great Out Doors Mini-Rally Arriving Feb 8, leaving the 15th.

Gary and Dani Moss

JUST 2

dalej
01-10-2009, 04:06 PM
Gary, I see you have two post already, you had better pace yourself or you'll pass Jon up! :)

merle&louise
01-10-2009, 04:09 PM
Hi Gary & Dani,

We look foward to meeting you @ TGO. I'm not sure what our site number will be, but I can assure you that we will be the only Newell there with POG.

I've never been to TGO but it seems to be a pretty big place. We'll try to find you guys if you don't find us first.

Watch out for the Taco Twins; they like to play tricks on newbies!:eek:

phorner
01-10-2009, 04:12 PM
It's a big place all right..... needed my GPS just to find my way around!

dalej
01-10-2009, 04:17 PM
Tuga,

Gary and Dani were in South Dakota, so they have met up with them already. I think they kept on the down low and didn't get hit in the cross fire.

ajducote
01-10-2009, 04:25 PM
They will give out a map to the place when you arrive. I will try to provide a list of all site assignments so no one can hide from their friends/tormentors.

About 1 Feb I hope to put out a list of what people have said they will will bring to the potluck so we can try to make sure we have all the bases covered.

My mother will do 2 large pots of New Orleans red beans for Red beans & rice
Tuga & Karen have said they can do shrimp jambalya.

So maybe we can do a "hot & spicy" theme for the rest. We will need all the trimmings and some desserts. So get the wives to volunteer their favorite dish and lets see what we end up with.

rickdesilva
01-10-2009, 04:46 PM
Figure DeSilva's and Dators (NJ friends who bought my Bluebird who broke down on the way to Branson) for desserts.

phorner
01-10-2009, 05:02 PM
Sign us up for Janice's pineapple appetizer :D

Coloradobus
01-15-2009, 11:02 AM
SHUTTLE APPEARS TO BE ON TIME!!FEBRUARY 12th

Space shuttle Discovery readies for Feb. launch
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS:
Posted: 01/14/2009 10:44:54 AM MST
Updated: 01/14/2009 10:44:55 AM MST

CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla.

—NASA has moved space shuttle Discovery to its launch pad for a February 12th supply run to the international space station.
Discovery moved out to the pad Wednesday. Seven astronauts are scheduled to blast off around sunrise Feb. 12 with the space station's final set of solar wings. The crew will conduct four spacewalks to hook up the new equipment and perform maintenance.

The space shuttle also will deliver, if it's ready, a machine designed to turn astronauts' urine into safe drinking water. A similar processor that went up in November is not working, and bringing it home could help engineers understand what's wrong.

One of Discovery's crew—Koichi Wakata—will replace an astronaut on the orbiting outpost and become the first Japanese to live up there.

———

Coloradobus
01-15-2009, 06:54 PM
Glad to see there is a great group coming and per the Associated Press in previous post, the shuttle is on schedule.
Our group of 3 coaches, Coloradobus, The Neffs, the Lewis-Mathieus, however, will be leaving February 13th. We won't be able to participate in the Pot Luck on Saturday the 14th. That day, we have dinner rez's in Disney.:(

jack14r
01-15-2009, 08:51 PM
Jim,Thanks for the AP report,we will be also leaving on the 13th,I am listed as John Finch on my reservation.Jack

Coloradobus
01-15-2009, 09:35 PM
Jack,

Are you heading to Walt's place, too? We will be staying at Ft Wilderness in a dog loop.
St.V Day dinner will be at Artist Point in the Wilderness Lodge.;)

jack14r
01-16-2009, 06:31 AM
I promised Donna that we would be home on Friday evening because she has a commitment for Saturday morning.

Coloradobus
01-16-2009, 03:42 PM
Hey Jack,

See you there!

just2
02-03-2009, 10:56 AM
Hi we are going to be at the rally and have our reservations even though they do not show us lised and I will call them today. Let me know what I need to do to help. Thanks Dani