PDA

View Full Version : Signature Resorts-Indio

Sid Tuls
01-06-2009, 10:59 PM
Staying here at Signature Resorts in Indio,Calif and wow what a great place to spend a few days or a week or month. Just hanging out here waiting for our 10th grandchild to be born. Then it's off to Amarillo. You can get a great spot on the golf course fo about $70.00 a nite. The weater is just great about 68-70 .

merle&louise
01-07-2009, 08:34 AM
Sids,

We stayed at Motorcoach Country Club in Feb. 2008 for a week and really enjoyed it. The climate is delightful; played golf and rode the tram up the San Jancito mountain in Palm Springs. Karen really liked the shopping on El Paseo Drive - great food there also. We met a couple from Franklin, TN who had '96 Liberty. They each had Segways that they used to go grocery shopping. Those Segways are amazing. I would love to have one.

I was told that there is an Aquifer that provides the city of Palm Springs and the surrounding area with water. The Aquifer is fed by melting snow thru a series of underground rivers. Pretty neat place.

An oasis in the desert!:D

JIM CHALOUPKA
01-07-2009, 08:39 AM
Hi Tuga, how did they carry the groceries on the Segway?

JIM

merle&louise
01-07-2009, 08:55 AM
Hi Jim,

They had little plastic saddle bags on each side of the vertical column. It was surprising to see how much they could carry with 2 Segways (4 saddle bags). The supermarket was about 4 miles away from the RV resort, and they just drove down the sidewalks of the street like they owned the place.

They told me that they use the Segways to go sight-seeing, shopping, and even at night when they go out to eat dinner. If the destination is a long way from the RV park, they simply ask the restaurant if they can plug into an outlet and RECHARGE the Segways. So while they are eating supper, their Segways are being recharged for the trip back to the bus. I think that they can travel 12 miles on a charge! The Segways can travel on grass as well as concrete, but they run down a little quicker.

The Segways easily fit in the bay of the bus. If you don't have a Smart car to hang off the back of your bus, the Segways are a nice way to go.;)

mikedee
01-07-2009, 01:48 PM
Sid,
I am GROUNDED in Modesto pending our first grandchild, due date -1 and counting. We love Palm Springs in the winter and spring. Cold and foggy here in the valley, I am sure you don't miss it.

Gary & Peggy Stevens
01-07-2009, 05:15 PM
Peg and I just had a great experience there too! We stayed a week in Indio, instead of going to Anaheim and enjoying the Chili Round UP :eek: First real weeks vacation we have had in the bus by ourselves, and we loved it.

Hit the El Paseo shopping district, several great restaurants in town, briefly toured Temecula, CA. wineries, all though I don't remember too much about that part at the end of the day after the tours :o :rolleyes:

Also went to Marathon's Beaumont facility and got a tour of some beautiful bus's by Mark the sales mgr. Oh My god, I got to get me one of them ! :eek:

Great time to say the least, and only 3104 miles r/t from home... all in 10 days.

Gary S.