PDA

View Full Version : renovation help

paulg
01-04-2009, 09:18 PM
looking for recommendations on doing some upgrading on my 03 liberty, i.e. floors, audio, vidio and furniture. anyone have any good experiences and suggestions for good reputable companies??

Jon Wehrenberg
01-04-2009, 09:47 PM
Paul (that wouldn't be the pretty one that was in ORA at PSL would it?)

This is ancient history, but way back in the stone age there were two ways to get a coach updated. Take it to a converter or someone with the skills of a converter and turn it over to them. In that scenario you also leave your wallet, your checkbook, credit cards and the rights to your unborn children.

Or you piecemeal the project and you function as the "general contractor".

We had Villa make custom furnishings for us to drawings I made using coverings I selected from samples they sent. They built the furniture exactly to the sizes and configuration we wanted and it was excellent quality. Then we had the floring done by a local expert. Folks on this site have redone the flooring in their coaches and posted pictures. It is as good as it can be.

In our house we had all of our audio visual stuff done be a local company that specializes not only in high end electronics, but security systems, satellite systems, etc. We do not choose a big box store, but the shop that has real electronic wizards. A coach is not any different and once you know what you want the next step is to check our local shops. If you are getting into folding big screen stuff or the work associated with redoing ceilings or cabinetry that may involve Liberty or someone with those skills. I would certainly not rule out Parliament, Liberty, or some of the others who have done good work for POG members.

garyde
01-04-2009, 10:22 PM
Depending on what you want done, there are highly skilled trade professionals for cabinets, counters, plumbing, furniture , interior decorating, and so on within your local Contractors Association. Check the Yellow Pages as well.

paulg
01-05-2009, 07:10 AM
ya thats me, at outdoor resorts. we are considering re-doing the whole a/v system and a few other items. however with the crestron system i beelieve it is a little more challenging. i was told by liberty the crestron has to be programmed only by them? i want to change all my tv's and receivers to hd.
i spoke with villa and am working out adding a love seat in exchange of my current chair.
not sure if i want to do real wood floors throughout or porclain? i believe i can get that done locally in port st. lucie.
i saw a place in lakeland who does renovations, not sure of thier work, classic coach works?