PDA

View Full Version : Las Vegas

jimshoen
01-04-2009, 06:01 PM
I'm going to be in Vegas at the end of January with my two boys 5 and 7.
Looking for an RV park in town for one night. Need to take the boys to M&M World and the Circus Circus. Any suggestions?

Darl-Wilson
01-04-2009, 07:03 PM
I'm going to be in Vegas at the end of January with my two boys 5 and 7.
Looking for an RV park in town for one night. Need to take the boys to M&M World and the Circus Circus. Any suggestions?

Jim, The KOA/Circus Circus (http://www.circuscircus.com/las_vegas_hotel/rv_park.aspx) is a nice place and is right on-site at one of the places you are going to visit. If you have a Toad another place that is real nice is Outdoor Resorts out off Blue Diamond. (http://www.lasvegasmotorcoachresort.com/main.php) I think I have a coupon for a free stay at that resort that I will give you and the boys.

Give me a call (852-1475) if you want more info. Tell Katie and your family hi for Martha and I.

Darl

garyde
01-04-2009, 10:37 PM
Ray mentioned Oasis RV Park which is off the 15 west of downtown . http://www.oasislasvegasrvresort.com/

Kenneth Brewer
01-04-2009, 11:09 PM
"Jim, The KOA/Circus Circus is a nice place and is right on-site at one of the places you are going to visit."

We don't know when Darl was there last; we were just there mid-December and have a slightly different experience (sorry). While that KOA is very convenient and in the middle of most things (buses that travel the strip are nearby, as is the monorail a bit further away), be aware security is not what it should be for the price, in my opinion; no guarded gate.

With a KOA card the price for a full hook-up pull through and cable was approx. $67. Without the card it was right at $75. Cable was inoperative where we were. We were a bit longer than the space (stuck out both ends). With the coach parked so as to protrude the least at either end, the sewer connection is awkward (and distant) because it is inside a 4 foot high or so little kiosk with a vertically sliding door to it that faces to the rear.

Didn't complain, the staff was very nice, and the camp store well equipped, but we left after one night. We stayed at the Outdoor Resort Darl mentioned the previous two nights and it was first class for the same money. We upgraded to a fancier pad and paid $100 a night.

Just my two cents. If you are the area of Valley of Fire State Park NE of Vegas, you won't regret that place. Absolutely spectacular. Also see Red Rock Canyon State Park. Fantastic.

Darl-Wilson
01-04-2009, 11:45 PM
Ken, It has been a long time since I have been at the CC Campground. It wasn't a KOA at that time but operated by the CC.

Outdoor Resorts is near the Valley of Fire, right off Blue Diamond. Jim's best deal might be ORA since I'm sure I have a 2 night 3 day free coupon. There is also 25% off coupon on their website. I think the main issue here is if Jim will be towing a vehicle. The place Ray mentioned is nice too.

Thanks for the update of the Circus Circus Ken.

jimshoen
01-05-2009, 11:53 PM
Hi Darl,
No toad.
The Outdoor Resorts is now Signature Resorts. I have stayed there and it is good. Just a long way from the action.
Thanks for the information.
Jim

adamdegraff
01-06-2009, 01:24 PM
Jim,
sounds like you got your answer. But Beni has stayed at the CC KOA twice now and says it is great. Right in the action. What you doing with the boys in Vegas? Slots or tables? :-)

Have fun. Say hi to the gang for us!

Adam