PDA

View Full Version : Prevost newbies here (fresh meat?)!

michaeldterry
12-30-2008, 10:21 PM
My new bride and I just purchased our first Prevost conversion (pre-owned). We will take delivery on January 7, 2009 in London, KY and immediately drive our new baby home to Woodstock (Atlanta), GA.

My wife, Vita, actually found the POG site the other night and I immediately joined to get as much information as I could about what will certainly become a new lifestyle for us.

I literally grew up in the music business, travelling on entertainer coaches from the time I was a young teen and fell in love with intercity buses, especially conversions, at a young age. I am a previous Eagle conversion owner (Barbara Mandrell's retired tour bus), but this is my first Prevost!

For the record, we've purchased a 1996 XL-45 Vantare Featherlite conversion with a turbo-charged Series 60 DDEC III coupled to a 6 speed Allison automatic and a 2 stage Jake brake. The coach has 97,900 total miles.

She has 3 CruiseAir units, AquaHot heating system & electric heat, 15kw diesel generator in a hush box on air bags with auto-start, in-motion satellite, and pretty much every luxury amenity I could ever admit to thinking of! And she's beautiful - inside and out. Yes - I'm in love! :-)

If I knew how to post a picture, I would! I have several pictures on Flickr, but can't seem to make one show up here (when I preview the post - nothing).

I look forward to exploring the POG site and participating as appropriate. Hopefully, opportunities will arise to meet many of the POG members at rallies in the future.

To all the Prevost veterans - thank you for your patience and generosity in welcomong and dealing with us "newbies" and our incessant questions and annoying displays of excitement over our newfound Prevost Proud "sub-culture."

Happy New Year to all!

Best Regards,
Michael & Dr. Vita Terry
Woodstock, GA

garyde
12-30-2008, 10:47 PM
Welcome Michael and Vita. Congradulations on your new Coach. You are in the right place. Here is where everything is answered, even if you don't ask a question! If you haven't spent much time around Prevost People, you will soon discover we are all a little off. No problem, its a good thing.

truk4u
12-30-2008, 10:55 PM
Michael & Doc,

Welcome aboard, glad your with us. I'm only 15 miles away in Waleska, so any help you may need, don't hesitate to ask. There are a number of little mini rallys in Jan and Feb in Florida, so join in if you can.

Look forward to meeting you.;)

JIM CHALOUPKA
12-30-2008, 10:59 PM
Welcome to the group, Terry & Dr. Vita.
It gets pretty wacky at times, so I hope your strong!

It sounds like you know the mechanics of posting pictures. Maybe you don't know that the max size is 600x600.

Your bus sounds quite nice. Thanks for telling about it.

Go to the user CP and fill in the data. Get yourself an avatar and make a signature preferably with your bus specs.. In that way when you post a question or comment about your girl someone can answer with more relevance.

Annoying displays of excitement are not tolerated they are mandated. Our term for it is MPD. It's a disease. "Must have Prevost Disease"
We all have it that's why were here.

My irrational exuberance right now is camping out in my bus 100 miles from home inside my bus barn and all alone in heavily taxed and cold NY.

Happy New Year to you and everyone else that reads this and yes to those that don't read it too!!!!

:D JIM :)

bonhall41
12-30-2008, 11:20 PM
Welcome aboard, Michael and Vita. We also own a Featherlite conversion that we purchased earlier this year. We are fast becoming familiar with all the pleasures and problems of bus ownership.
We lived in the Atlanta area for 15 years and are now retired in the FL panhandle. We hope to meet you at a POG rally soon.

Bonnie

Jon Wehrenberg
12-31-2008, 08:47 AM
Congratulations and welcome to the asylum. This group of misfits stands ready to answer all your questions about your new camper. Occasionally the answers are correct.

MangoMike
12-31-2008, 09:14 AM
Michael & Doc,

Welcome aboard, glad your with us. I'm only 15 miles away in Waleska, .

Look forward to meeting you.;)

Welcome Terrys.

My first Prevost advice after reading the above post - MOVE QUICKLY.

Mango Mike

dale farley
12-31-2008, 09:21 AM
Congrats on your new bus and welcome to the forum. You will learn many things from this group, and a few of those things will actually be helpful.

PLSNTVLE2
12-31-2008, 10:51 AM
Sounds like a beauty. Welcome to POG. If you own a Prevost, this is the place to be.

Hey Truk, if I move 15 minutes away from you do I get the same offer??

Will Garner
12-31-2008, 07:44 PM
Michael & Vita,

Welcome to the group. I hope all your questions get answers. One word of caution, beware of any dealings with Acme Products!:eek: Since Tom has offered to help out perhaps he can fill you in on the barnyard antics of this notorious POG firm.

lewpopp
12-31-2008, 09:21 PM
Dr Vita,

If you are educated or have your doctorial in psychiactric care, leave your practice where it is and travel with the POG group. You will have a lifetime of work amongst the members.

Truk is only one of the group that dreams of sheep instead of busses.

Be careful of him, but his bride will make up for his short comings.

truk4u
01-01-2009, 01:23 PM
Terry - Come on down, I have an extra 50' bay for your convenience!

Will - New guys must find their own way to the barnyard!

Lew - Give Kathy a raise, she deserves a metal.

Michael & Vita - Beware of Jdub and Mango, they are very sick.

rmboies
01-01-2009, 04:22 PM
Welcome Michael and Vita! Look forward to meeting you at a rally this year somewhere across the country!

Debi and Bob-O5 for now........

Jamie Bradford
01-01-2009, 04:55 PM
Welcome Michael & Vita

I am also fairly new to this.....

The POG Forum has been extremely helpful since I became a " Bus Person"

Jamie

michaeldterry
01-01-2009, 05:50 PM
Wow! Vita and I are really encouraged by the warm welcome from the POG folks here on the forum! If this forum is an accurate reflection of the overall personality of the membership, I'll consider it the best hundred bucks I've ever spent. Even in the few days since I signed up, I've been thoroughly impressed with the breadth and depth of the information and the entertaining characteristics to be found on the site!

Thanks again for the enthusiatic welcome. We look forward to feeding the further development of our "MPD" here with you folks.

Best Regards,
Michael & Vita

phorner
01-01-2009, 05:58 PM
Hmmmmm..... "entertaining characteristics"......

Yeah..... go with that

Kidding aside, welcome to the forum.

Safe travels....

dalej
01-01-2009, 06:13 PM
Michael,

Tell us more about your ride, there are half dozen or so that ride Harley's. You can post in the bus and bike section if you want.

I ride a 04 FLHRCI, 8.25.05-1.1.09, 35000 miles.

Glad to have you two as new members. If you can plan on the next major rally in Oklahoma City in October, it will be great to meet you.

BrianE
01-01-2009, 11:06 PM
Wow! Vita and I are really encouraged by the warm welcome from the POG folks here on the forum! If this forum is an accurate reflection of the overall personality of the membership, I'll consider it the best hundred bucks I've ever spent. Even in the few days since I signed up, I've been thoroughly impressed with the breadth and depth of the information and the entertaining characteristics to be found on the site!

Looks like we've got a couple of lives ones here folks. Should we tell'em about the dark side? :eek:

Welcome Michael & Vita.

bluevost
01-01-2009, 11:38 PM
The dark side is still in Anaheim handing out chili with e-coli.

Welcome Michael and Doc!!

Jon Wehrenberg
01-02-2009, 06:59 AM
Hey, Is this a change in policy? Warning newbies? Let them find out the hard way like we all did.

They will wake up some morning at a rally and find they have had their coach remodeled, either with crepe paper, targets, witty sayings, blow up dolls, or farm animals.

Kind of like fraternity hazing, but without the hangover.

That's the price they have to pay for hanging around with folks that have demonstrated a total lack of common sense by buying these big toys.

jello_jeep
01-02-2009, 11:11 AM
Welcome! There is no turning back now..... Muwahahahahahh!

Hope to catch u at a rally sometime!