PDA

View Full Version : So bad will end up good ...

Ray Davis
07-07-2006, 11:58 AM
So, this summer, I had planned to take vacation in a sorta strange way. I was going to be in Boston on business, (I live in CA), and my neighbor needed to be in PA for a family reunion. So, my neighbor was going to drive my bus 5 weeks from CA through TX and FL up to PA, and then meet me in New Jersey, where my wife and I would take two weeks driving back from NY to CA.

The air conditioning issues mentioned in another thread took my neighbor out of the picture 4 hours in to their 5 week trip. Repairs will not be done in time to let them use my bus, so therefore my vacation plans are cancelled now too.

BUT, the good news is, that frees up two weeks of vacation so I can attend the POG2 rally in Sante Fe! So, that at least is great.

Where do I sign up? Are spaces still available?

Thanks!
Ray

Just Plain Jeff
07-07-2006, 12:03 PM
It's great to hear that you can make POG II.

Drop a note to webmaster@prevost-stuff.com and he'll get ya all fixed up.

Ray Davis
07-07-2006, 08:17 PM
Thanks, I'll send off a note right away.

-ray

Jon Wehrenberg
07-07-2006, 08:28 PM
When you sign up, be sure to specify you do not want to park downhill from Mango.

Uphill is OK. He blames his dumping of black water on his dog hitting the switch. Good story.

Kevin Erion
07-07-2006, 10:02 PM
Ray,
Sorry to hear about all the issues, maybe we can hook up and leave at the same time, we will talk.
Kevin

Jerry Winchester
07-08-2006, 10:55 AM
Ray / Kevin,

You guys should take the Williams / Grand Canyon / Monument Valley / Four Corners route to Santa Fe. Well worth the trip and the four lane highway from Farmington, NM to I-25 links up just south of Santa Fe.

Sorry to hear your vacation went in the crapper, but we can use the help at POGII.

And I don't think that black water dump was all Mike's fault.

MangoMike
07-08-2006, 03:05 PM
Ray,

The long and winding road does so for a purpose. If POG2 is half the fun of POG1 then you'll have no regrets missing this summer trip. Just to make sure you will have a good time I promise to park downhill and provide you w/ laser pointers to use on Jon's bus at night.

Mike

Jon Wehrenberg
07-08-2006, 03:47 PM
It ain't the laser pointers I am worried about.

Ray Davis
07-10-2006, 08:38 PM
OK, I done did it. I'm paid, and I'm going. Kevin, that would be great if you'd like to caravan.

I sure hope they get this darn air conditioner fixed by October!!! :)

Ray

Jon Wehrenberg
07-10-2006, 09:32 PM
Jeff will need to confirm this, but I think his friend Bob is coming to the rally. If your AC is still sick-in-bed Bob is a long time AC guru and I'll bet he will be able to give you the menu for Prevost to follow.

Jeff? Is Bob coming?

Just Plain Jeff
07-11-2006, 07:35 AM
According to Ol' Bob, "Wa'll, we might mosey on down there for a bit. Hey, you gonna help me pick all the apples in my orchard first?"

What a guy has to do to get his air conditioning fixed.

Humiliating.

Ray Davis
07-13-2006, 09:57 PM
You guys should take the Williams / Grand Canyon / Monument Valley / Four Corners route to Santa Fe

Jerry,

Can you elaborate a little bit on what that route is? What roads, which places to stop?

Jerry Winchester
07-14-2006, 12:28 AM
Take I-40 to Williams and exit Route 66 to downtown. Stay at the Railside RV Park

Get back on I-40 and head toward Flagstaff. Take US 89 out of Flagstaff and then bear right onto US-160 to Kayenta. Turn north onto 163 toward Monument Valley. Follow the signs to Goulding's Lodge. Stay at the rv campground there. Drive the 17 mile route thru Monument Valley from the visitors center. Do it in your toad, not the coach.

Reverse course back to Kayenta then follow the signs to 160 toward Teek Nos Pos and the Four Corners Monument. Look at this like Chevy Chase looked at the Grand Canyon in National Lampoon's Vacation.

Get back on 160 and head toward Farmington, NM. The road changes to US 64 the after you get thru Farmington, turn south on US 550 and follow it to I-25. Turn north toward Santa Fe and you are set.

Easy enough?

Ray Davis
07-14-2006, 12:32 PM
Thanks, I'll check that out. Hopefully will be traveling with a couple other busses (my friend David is now coming, he's not on the computer though), and Kevin mentioned the possibility.