PDA

View Full Version : South Florida

jelmore
12-28-2008, 10:33 AM
We're looking to stay at least through February in south Florida, maybe a month in the Miami area and a month on the west coast. Probably not a month at a time at one place unless someone has a really strong recommendation. We were thinking a week at a time would work out, moving around. Don't know what we'll find since it's so late, but would be great to get some recommendations from this group.

Jamie Bradford
12-28-2008, 11:41 AM
Hi Jim

There are going to be a bunch of us in Titusville for the shuttle launch Feb 11-14 at The Great Outdoors. We (Debbie & I )are then heading to Port St. Lucie for 3-4 days. I would love to meet y'all................

Jamie:cool:

jelmore
12-28-2008, 12:00 PM
Hi Jim

There are going to be a bunch of us in Titusville for the shuttle launch Feb 11-14 at The Great Outdoors. We (Debbie & I )are then heading to Port St. Lucie for 3-4 days. I would love to meet y'all................

Jamie:cool:

We went to the Kennedy Space Center the other day and got really excited about seeing that launch. We're on our way south. Maybe we can get back up for it. We'll know in a week or so. Think there would still be space in that rally lot?

Jamie Bradford
12-28-2008, 12:08 PM
I think there is space.... Call them.. I think the lady's name is Diane.

Jamie

tomklau
12-28-2008, 07:19 PM
There aren't any good recommendations for RV Resorts in the Miami area that I've been told of. On the east coast there's Great Outdoors in Titusville and Outdoor Resorts St. Lucie West Motorcoach Resort in Port St. Lucie. There are numerous resorts on the west coast that are nice: Signature Resorts Naples, Pelican Lake, Cypress Woods, and Riverbend to name a few. Check online at the resorts website. Many are offering coupons for discount and free stays.

Karin

jelmore
12-28-2008, 09:30 PM
I think Linda will enjoy the search for discounts. She's good.

Jeff Bayley
01-01-2009, 12:10 PM
There is a very nice State Park at the end of pennisula in St. Pete called Fort Desoto State Park. It's on the water.

We are 20 minutes South of St. Pete and have plenty of parking and I had an extra 50 amp outlet installed for company if you want to drop in here for a spell. On the water with fishing boats and Waverunners if your into that. Email if you want pictures.

jelmore
01-01-2009, 01:26 PM
There is a very nice State Park at the end of pennisula in St. Pete called Fort Desoto State Park. It's on the water.

We are 20 minutes South of St. Pete and have plenty of parking and I had an extra 50 amp outlet installed for company if you want to drop in here for a spell. On the water with fishing boats and Waverunners if your into that. Email if you want pictures.

Fort Desoto state park looks nice. We'll be that way in February. Sure we'll stop by. Send pics to jelmore@elmoredesign.com. We just left the very, very nice Outdoor Resorts Port St. Lucie and moved over to the very, very quiet Savannas Recreation Area in Ft. Pierce. Outdoor Resorts certainly defines the word resort. Not to gush, but the established owner's area is spectacular.

ajhaig
01-01-2009, 01:30 PM
We spent a month at the Larry & Penny Thompson RV park in South Miami. Don't be turned off by any of the reviews you may read about the place, check it out for yourself.

We originally were only going to stay for a week, but ended up staying the entire month (we like Miami). Good location, clean, very nice people and we always felt very safe. The best part is that it is cheap (it is run by Miami-Dade County), I think we only paid about $16.00 per day with 50 amp service.

It was hands down our favorite park on our trip, but keep in mind we like Miami.

lewpopp
01-01-2009, 02:11 PM
Jelmore,

You mean to tell me you stopped and stayed at ODR at PSL and didn't give me a holler? Now that's a good POG friend.

phorner
01-01-2009, 04:33 PM
Jim and Linda,

Glad you liked the neighborhood. Would have liked to have met you and checked out your bus.....

Hope you get a chance to stop back.

jelmore
01-01-2009, 06:10 PM
Jelmore,

You mean to tell me you stopped and stayed at ODR at PSL and didn't give me a holler? Now that's a good POG friend.

I sent a note and asked who was there -- nobody answered -- thought I had the plague. I thought you stayed there but thought you might be out and about. Anyway, we had a great time. We were off in the lonely coupon area, last bus on the end. Nice place you have there. If I had found you, I was ready to ask for help replacing my awning motor. Seems I read you know all about it and I really need an experienced hand. Did you make it to the party? We looked in at all the dressed up people. Quite fun.

jelmore
01-01-2009, 06:15 PM
Jim and Linda,

Glad you liked the neighborhood. Would have liked to have met you and checked out your bus.....

Hope you get a chance to stop back.

You were there, too? Dang. I need to figure out how to stay better in touch, or check the member's location map, or pay better attention, something.

jelmore
01-01-2009, 06:22 PM
We spent a month at the Larry & Penny Thompson RV park in South Miami. Don't be turned off by any of the reviews you may read about the place, check it out for yourself.

We originally were only going to stay for a week, but ended up staying the entire month (we like Miami). Good location, clean, very nice people and we always felt very safe. The best part is that it is cheap (it is run by Miami-Dade County), I think we only paid about $16.00 per day with 50 amp service.

It was hands down our favorite park on our trip, but keep in mind we like Miami.

We were looking to enjoy Miami for a while. We'll definitely check it out. Thanks!

lewpopp
01-01-2009, 10:15 PM
Jim and Linda,

Everyone knows that I am the "Mayor of ODR, PSL". Can't believe you were here for 3 days and never drove around and looked for POG stickers.

Good thing, I don't have one anyways. We are on site 5 and had our own get-to-gether during the evening. You could have easily been invited if you had made your presence known. BTW, who the hell do you think has been posting to you guys that there is a coupon available to stay here. Oh well, I guess there has to be some anti-social people in the the POG.

We ride around the resort and if I see any activity around a Prevost I stop to say hello. Apparently you were out and about.

You lose.

jelmore
01-01-2009, 11:57 PM
Jim and Linda,

Everyone knows that I am the "Mayor of ODR, PSL". Can't believe you were here for 3 days and never drove around and looked for POG stickers.

Good thing, I don't have one anyways. We are on site 5 and had our own get-to-gether during the evening. You could have easily been invited if you had made your presence known. BTW, who the hell do you think has been posting to you guys that there is a coupon available to stay here. Oh well, I guess there has to be some anti-social people in the the POG.

We ride around the resort and if I see any activity around a Prevost I stop to say hello. Apparently you were out and about.

You lose.

Sorry, Mr. Mayor. We love to be social but we don't butt in. Sure, we saw people gathered in some of the beautiful lots behind the palms but I'm not one to wander into people's yards and private parties just because they own a bus. Saw one POG sticker I think, but I don't ring doorbells either. Sorry we missed you. Thanks for the coupon, though. We got to visit some family in Ft. Pierce a couple of nights and got to stay in a very nice place while there. Worked out well, except for the anti-social part.

phorner
01-02-2009, 08:27 AM
Jim and Linda,

Wish I had known that you were absent a party.... we had a great one in the clubhouse New Years Eve that I'm sure you would have enjoyed.

Sorry for the misunderstanding as to when you were to arrive.... for some reason I thought it would be next week..... and we won't be here at PSL as we will be joining the party in Titusville for a while.

Please feel free to stop by and say hello next time. We're on Lot 25.

The bus will probably look familiar :)

grantracy
01-02-2009, 08:44 AM
We were looking to enjoy Miami for a while. We'll definitely check it out. Thanks!

We live in miami, if you need any help or suggestions feel free to contact me.

jelmore
01-14-2009, 06:48 PM
I had heard that a few of you will be in Fiesta Key soon. If we haven't offended anyone by not stopping in at Port St. Lucie, we'd like to join you for a few days down there. We're really enjoying Florida, boat shopping and all.

AJ -- Larry & Penny Thompson RV park in South Miami was booked through March. Must be the premier place in Miami. Found that Broward County (Ft. Lauderdale area) has some pretty nice county campgrounds. We were at Markam and now TY. Not bad at all for $40 -- palm trees in front and surrounded by Canadians.

Joe Cannarozzi
01-14-2009, 07:14 PM
Well Jim you will have the opportunity to redeem yourself cause the Fiesta Key gang will be stopping at PSL on the way back north:eek:

Have fun:D

jelmore
01-14-2009, 08:06 PM
We'll be on our best behavior. I bet we'll have fun.

phorner
01-14-2009, 08:10 PM
Stop back to Port St. Lucie on the way.... we're planning another official, Unofficial Mini POG Rally.....

Hope you can join us !!

jelmore
01-14-2009, 08:33 PM
Just might stop back by there. We'll have to get some opinions from some others about having Liberty do some work in Stuart. We'll stop by if we do.

rbeecher
01-14-2009, 09:06 PM
Paul,

What's the deal with the PTL get together, we are thinking of coming up?

BTW, I would have paid admission to come and see your bus being worked on!

Jim, didn't know that was your bus at Markham, saw it when we drove through to check the place out last week, it is one of the sharpest Liberty's I've ever seen, you should keep it!

Richard Beecher
02 Marathon XLII 45
96 VOGUE XL 40 for sale

jelmore
01-14-2009, 09:25 PM
Our Liberty? Gush, thanks. I guess that was us at Markham. If you're still around, we're at TY Park in Hollywood for about a week. We just got here, but at first glance it's a nicer setup than Markham.

lewpopp
01-14-2009, 10:03 PM
Hey Beech, it isn't PTL (Praise The Lord) it is PSL ( Port St Lucie )

rbeecher
01-14-2009, 10:11 PM
Jim,

Is it Trinity, where is it located in Hollywood?

Lew, can't believe you didn't get it man. PTL stands for PRAISE THE LEW. What are you doing up so late?

Beech

jelmore
01-14-2009, 10:22 PM
Trinity? I don't know what that is. We're at Topeekeegee Yugnee Park http://www.broward.org/parks/ty.htm at Sheridan and 95.

phorner
01-15-2009, 05:22 PM
Richard,

Some of the POG group are stopping in here at PSL for a few days from January 28 through about February 1. The dates are somewhat flexible as some have slightly differing schedules.

We're planning on doing something once everyone arrives.

It would be great if you two could join us!

Paul

jelmore
01-29-2009, 08:28 AM
Fiesta Key ... we finally met our first POGgers someplace other than a Prevost shop! Small group, but our first time to be around anyone in a bus. You people have a great time. Us, and Granvil and Kim, Jon and Diane, Eric, Deb and Jay were there. Here's some pics:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jimelmoreiii/sets/72157613046487035/

Don't miss Jay jamming on the beach.

Feel free to add any comments. We just met these people.

Ray Davis
01-29-2009, 05:09 PM
Looks like a wonderful time. Thanks for sharing. Surprised the place was so empty, but I guess at $95 to $105, that's to be expected

rbeecher
01-29-2009, 10:28 PM
Paul,

Not going to make it this round, too much going on. We are working on coming up around the launch.

Richard
02 Marathon XLII 45
96 VOGUE XL 40 for sale

Joe Cannarozzi
01-30-2009, 07:23 AM
Thanks for the pictures Jim.

I noticed the bike lift but how did he get the chevy down too?

That has been the vacancy level for a few years now, since they did away with the monthly rate.

Before that you could not get a spot for all the seasonal folks that have now been run off.

We like it just the way it is.

jonnie
01-30-2009, 08:38 AM
Joe ,

I thought the KOA was sold for condo's about 4 years ago. I guess they never followed thru.

lewpopp
01-30-2009, 09:36 PM
I guess they had trouble getting permits.

phorner
01-31-2009, 08:51 AM
Paul,

Not going to make it this round, too much going on. We are working on coming up around the launch.

Richard
02 Marathon XLII 45
96 VOGUE XL 40 for sale

Hope to see you then!!

We'll be departing Port St. Lucie on the 11th.....

rfoster
02-16-2009, 09:21 PM
If you ever have an opportunity to visit Outdoor Resorts in Port St Lucie, Florida, you should take it. It is absolutely gorgeous and a good place to be. Clean, quiet, well organized and some of the most beautiful lots and coaches you will see anywhere. We had the chance to stay a few days and nights with Tuga and Karen. See our Prevosts parked beside each other. Tuga's is the white one:
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g31/parkwayautoofbristol/CIMG4346.jpg

We also enjoyed an evening meal out with the Mayor and his wife Kathy and good visits during the day.
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g31/parkwayautoofbristol/CIMG4342.jpg

rfoster
02-16-2009, 09:38 PM
While visiting Liberty Coach in Stuart, Florida we ran up on some POG friends who had just traded for a gorgeous 09 Liberty H.

We enjoyed having dinner with Pat and Betty Peck at the New England Seafood Wholesale Resturant, Jennings Beach. (yes, oysters were involved)

The food was good but the big grin on their face is the beautiful coach they are taking delivery of. When I grow up I want to be just like them.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g31/parkwayautoofbristol/CIMG4350-1.jpg

Joe Cannarozzi
02-16-2009, 10:12 PM
Here is a guy who dumps his Liberty for CC and still can't keep himself away from Stuart.

It's gone Rodger. It lives up in Ohio now.:rolleyes: